Author Topic: De-Icers  (Read 16427 times)

anappy

Re: De-Icers
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 03:23:40 am »
Great news!!!

bilookhan

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 05:00:40 pm »
We are working on De-Icing right now and, it will be made as an additional service at the parking spot, but not as a separate menu.

When you ask for departure clearance and pushback IF there's ice on the airplane or there's a risk of ice formation (checking weather, clouds and outside temp), a warning just before pushback will ask you if you want to call a de-ice service. If you reply Yes, the deicers will come and will deice your airplane, using the appropriate procedure in either two steps (de-icing first and anti-icing next with different fluids), or in a single step.

After de-icing is done, you'll be able to continue the pushback.

This will be the standard service. As an additional feature, that will require a specific airport customization, we'll have some de-icing structures (either using hot fluids or infrared technology) at dedicated positions in the airport. This could possibly work both on our own airports, but also on 3rd party airports that already feature such structures in a non-working way, without any need to be supported by the scenery developer.

Hi Virtuali,

Thanks for the update. It does sound exciting. My question is that would the de-icing happen on the same parking spot or would there be designated de-icing pads on some sceneries ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 10:04:38 pm »
Thanks for the update. It does sound exciting. My question is that would the de-icing happen on the same parking spot or would there be designated de-icing pads on some sceneries ?

I think I've already answered this:

it will be made as an additional service at the parking spot, but not as a separate menu.

AND

This will be the standard service. As an additional feature, that will require a specific airport customization, we'll have some de-icing structures (either using hot fluids or infrared technology) at dedicated positions in the airport. This could possibly work both on our own airports, but also on 3rd party airports that already feature such structures in a non-working way, without any need to be supported by the scenery developer.

socili

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 08:00:47 am »
After de-icing is done, you'll be able to continue the pushback.

Hi

reading this I have a big favour to ask. Please re-think your logic of the push back.
I and others fly online on network and tha usual procedure is to ask for the push-back from the ATC with "SWR123, we ar ready for push back" bud since we don't know on which direction the controller will choose we are not actualy ready because we have to select the direction before we prepare for the push-back. If we reselect the direction after the clearance in the other direction it goes a long time when the truck is actually ready. And with de-ice i fear its going to be worse.

Please make a separate flow for each step..

So the optimum procedure would be in my opinion:
- finish the loading
- select "prepare for push back"
- if the conditions are icy, add a new line or ask in a window "would you like to de-ice the aircraft?"
- if completed, select "start the push to the left/right/straight" or a window with de question of the direction ("left", "right" and "straight")

What I don't want is to start the push after de de-ice automaticly since traffic can taxi behind me.

An other option would be when the direction is selected as we do now to ad a line "change direction" and don't repeat the whole connection procedure of the tow truck.

Ask if something is not clear or you disagree with the flow.

greetings
    GEB ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 11:08:41 am »
And with de-ice i fear its going to be worse.

De-icers won't change anything. The pushback direction will be asked AFTER de-icing is done.

socili

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 11:34:16 am »
good to hear, it sounded different in your post. :)

How about the idea to split the decision for the direction of the push-back and the preparation for it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 01:20:50 pm »
How about the idea to split the decision for the direction of the push-back and the preparation for it?

This doesn't have anything to do with de-icers, and nobody asked for this before. We'll consider it for a future upgrade.

However, note that it's something that, if we ever do it, should be an option, because it's ONLY relevant for online flying but, it will cause an unnecessary two-step menu action when you are not flying online and there's no reason to wait.

socili

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 02:35:20 pm »
THX

Ok, so i aks a de-ice question then :-) in Zürich you de-ice on a certian spot when taxing to the runway.
You talked to de-ice on the gate/stand so will there be an option to do it while taxing?
If yes, will there be an option to disable the de-icer  from dhe FSDT Scenery in Zürich?

Sorry for the on going questions bud I'm very intrestet in such an update :-)

THX again and looking forword to new improvements on a great product.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 02:52:45 pm »
Ok, so i aks a de-ice question then :-) in Zürich you de-ice on a certian spot when taxing to the runway. You talked to de-ice on the gate/stand so will there be an option to do it while taxing?

As I've already said in my previous message, INITIALLY GSX will provide for de-icers at Gates ONLY.

THEN, with a future upgrade, we might add airport customizations to allow de-icers at specific areas, to be supported at specific airports, one by one.

If yes, will there be an option to disable the de-icer  from dhe FSDT Scenery in Zürich?

After we'll add deicing on a dedicated area, which will not happen in the initial release, the first candidates for airport customization (just like any other airport customization feature in GSX), for dedicated deicing areas, will be FSDT airports.

It's exactly like the docking systems at FSDT airports: originally, they were included in the scenery installers, now they come only with GSX, you don't need an "option", either you install GSX, or you won't have docking system at, let's say, Zurich. Since GSX is free at our airports, there's no reason not to install it in any case, if only to get docking system.

It will be the same for deicers, once GSX will have dedicated deicing areas (NOT in the initial release), any FSDT scenery installer that had such areas, will be updated to remove them from the scenery installer, to be moved into GSX. It doesn't make much sense to have duplicate functions in the scenery, when something is already included  with GSX, but of course better integrated with it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:54:16 pm by virtuali »

socili

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 03:08:16 pm »
I didn't know about the GSX integration in FSDT Products and i think that is a very costumer friendly way.

:D  ;D