Author Topic: Missing Runway lights in Zurich  (Read 21819 times)

Paul.T.

Missing Runway lights in Zurich
« on: November 29, 2013, 04:41:15 pm »
Just purchased Zurich and Im missing runway lights in day and NIGHT - which is most frustrating ! Got other FSD products and everything works ok . Dont have a clue whats going on or how to fix it ? Scenery installed with no errors . Help !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Runway lights in Zurich
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 04:45:07 pm »
Runway lights works fine. We made an updated a couple of days ago to fix a problem with P3D2 that might affect runway lights but, since the installer gets the updated file online, it should be there.

Check if this file in the FSX\fsdreamteam\ZurichX\scenery folder:

APX_LSZH.BGL

is 39894 bytes in length and it's dated 28-11. Also, you should NOT have the LSZH_SCA.BGL file in the same folder.

Paul.T.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 08:00:56 pm »
Ok , Il check it when Il get home tonight . But what if its not that long ? Where do I get the correct file ? And if I do find the LSZH_SCA.BGL file in the folder , then  I should just delete it ?

Thanks !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 11:24:35 pm »
But what if its not that long ? Where do I get the correct file ? And if I do find the LSZH_SCA.BGL file in the folder , then  I should just delete it ?

Running the Zurich installer should have downloaded the correct file and removed the one that needs to be removed, that's why I've asked about date and size, to check if this process happened correctly on your system.

Paul.T.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 04:07:30 am »
OK , I got these 2 files in the scenery folder first from top :

APX_LSZH.BGL 11/28/2013 11:05PM , size: 39,894 BYTES , then :
APX-LSZH.BGL.28-11-2013 23-05-48.BAK 11/28/2013 9:55PM , size: 39,894 BYTES .

I don't have : LSZH-SCA.BGL file .

So everything is like you say it should be .
But I don't have any runways lights in day or night , so I really don't understand what is causing this problem ???
I did try reinstalling Zurich and same thing happens each time I do new install .
Attached are pictures of the problem . Please take a look at them .

Thanks .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 07:49:44 pm »
So everything is like you say it should be .
But I don't have any runways lights in day or night , so I really don't understand what is causing this problem ???

I'm sorry but, I can't replicate this. Your files are correct, but I can see runway lights just fine.

Paul.T.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 10:17:19 pm »
So what your telling me ??? You can't help me fix it ???
If that's the case , I would like my money back .
I don't need a incomplete addon that does not fully function .
So far I purchased from you JFK2 , KORD , KLAS , KLAX , KFLL , KDFW and GSX .
I have no problem with any product , so as you can see Im not making any thing up .
The problem is strictly with the addon . I would really want to keep Zurich but not
with a error . Please tell me how you want to handel this  ASAP ?

Thanks .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 10:40:36 pm »
So what your telling me ??? You can't help me fix it ???
If that's the case , I would like my money back . I don't need a incomplete addon that does not fully function .

All our product installers are available before purchase, in Trial version. And no, the addon is NOT "incomplete", because it obviously works, and if don't believe it, just check the attached screenshots. And, nobody has reported this problem.

So, there must be a problem with YOUR system, perhaps another scenery in conflict, or some kind of problem with your video card settings. Which is why, we offer a Trial version, so you can test on YOUR system BEFORE purchasing. Fact that all products are sold in Trial version, is clearly advertised all over the site so it's not that you can say we don't tell you there's a Trial available.

Paul.T.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 10:55:16 pm »
Like I said , I purchased 7 products from you . I have no problem with any of them .
Thats why Zurich I purchased before I downloaded it . Simply because I was
satisfied with your products and I got used to them . The fact that you offer trial versions
doesn't change the fact that Im experiencing a problem with your product .
My system is HIGH END ! Intel7 3.5GHZ ,Overclocked to 4.3GHZ , 8GB ram , Nvida GTX 520 2GB .
There is no problem with my system or my graphics card . If your telling me that my graphic
card may be causing the problem then tell me what setting I should check for that might be causing the problem ?
I bought many addons till this day and none of them caused me any problems , so you telling me that suddenly
today my system is the problem because 1 addon does not work is simply not true . If this would be the first addon
I installed on my system from FSD , maybe I would believe that . I know my system is not the problem !
Il try to download again today Zurich from your website and do a fresh install ,
but if that will not fix the problem , I will return your activation code and I want a full refund unless you help me fix t
his problem .

Thank you .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 11:06:57 pm »
satisfied with your products and I got used to them . The fact that you offer trial versions
doesn't change the fact that Im experiencing a problem with your product

If course it does, if you used the Trial, you could have checked it before. And, is not even sure you are having a "problem with our product", the problem might be caused by something else installed.

Otherwise, how do you explain there ARE runway lights at Zurich in my screenshots and, according to your report, you HAVE the latest files for Zurich ?

There is no problem with my system or my graphics card . If your telling me that my graphic  card may be causing the problem then tell me what setting I should check for that might be causing the problem ?

If I knew what setting might cause this, I would said so. Which is why, I've replied that I can't replicate it. If I could replicate it, I would have known what settings affect this. Since I couldn't replicate it, that obviously means I don't have any idea why it does it on YOUR SYSTEM ONLY. Again, nobody else has reported it.

bought many addons till this day and none of them caused me any problems , so you telling me that suddenly
today my system is the problem because 1 addon does not work is simply not true

You are telling me.

Facts are:

- You are seeing this this problem

- Nobody else reported it

- I've posted screenshots just taken to indicates the scenery is working.

So, the only variable here is your system, the scenery is the same so, either is your system or is something else you installed that is affecting Zurich, or is a setting that we simply don't know that could affect it.

Il try to download again today Zurich from your website and do a fresh install ,
but if that will not fix the problem , I will return your activation code and I want a full refund unless you help me fix this problem .

I'll help you *trying* to fix the problem.

Paul.T.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 03:28:24 am »
Umberto ,
Im A happy Customer and lets not get aggravated ,
I just simply want what I paid for !

I literally just uninstalled all your products out of my computer including the addon manager .
Did fresh download turning off firewalls . Did clean install and still no runway lights  .
How do you explain this ?

I first downloaded KORD . Installed and everything works OK , day and night .
Then I installed Zurich to make sure its on top of my scenery library .
Buildings and scenery look OK - STILL NO RUNWAY LIGHTS ! Your telling me "its not your product"
Then please tell me what might be causing this problem . I told you the specs of my system !
My system is high end and you and I know there is no reason for my system to cause a problem like this .
Why all the sudden my system can be the problem if all other addon sceneries work fine from the very beginning ?!
All your 7 products work fine !
Your telling me that "another addon might be causing the problem ?!"
Below is the list of my addons , please tell me what might be causing the problem ?
-UTX - North America
-GEX - North America
-UTX - Europe
-GEX - Europe
-REX Essential - No Overdrive
-OPPUS Weather
-Aerosoft Airports
-UK 2000 Scenery
-taxi2gate MMMX
-Shockwave Lights
-EzDok
-Shades
-FS Passenger
-Mega Earth Scenery - USA Only
-FlyTampa Airports
-FSDT Airports

I did notice that the files in scenery folder of Zurich are listed a little bit different now after new download !
First from top, is listed like that :

apx_LSZH.bgl 11/28/2013 9:55PM , Size: 6,427,359 bytes.

I dont have anymore this file :

APX-LSZH.BGL.28-11-2013 23-05-48.BAK 11/28/2013 9:55PM , size: 39,894 BYTES .

Also , I don't have : LSZH-SCA.BGL file . Which you told me I shouldn't have .

Instead of enjoying your scenery , Im spending my time working with you to solve the problem .
Please find a solution to this problem and work with me.  Your telling me that "no body else reported same problem"
Believe me , if it happened to me ,sooner or later other people will start experiencing this problem , especially
that Im experiencing this problem on high end system after installing 7 of your other products .

Thank you .

Paul.T.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 03:41:03 am »
Im sorry .
the size of the file : apx_LSZH.bgl 11/28/2013 9:55PM is : 38.9 KB (39,894 bytes

aniiran

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 04:03:40 am »
I am also missing my runway lights in Zurich now. I checked everything you said to check no dice. Seems to be an elevation issue.  I can see then in certain planes at certain angles (low the ground) but not others. It worked yesterday, but now I have no runway lights at Zurich.  I just installed GSX does that have anything to do with it?

I fixed it.

I went back and removed the new APX_LSZH.BGL and placed it on my desktop for safe keeping.  Then I renamed APX-LSZH.BGL.28-11-2013 23-05-48.BAK or whatever back to APX_LSZH.BGL.  That is I reactivated the old file.     Then I reactivated the LSZH-SCA.BGL by getting rid of the inactivator file extention .BAK (every thing after .BGL)  in the file name so that it was an active file.   

Umberto, you should really be more objective when you respond to customers. I did in fact have this problem and it was in fact caused by the new file.  Just because it works fine on your system doesn't mean that you should discount customers problems.  A better response would have been I'll check and get back with you or i will check with others. This is just like when you immediately dismissed my claim that my water mask and vector problem at PHOG couldn't possibly be your scenery when in fact it was. You are an amazing scenery developer but your customer service is severely lacking. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:31:41 pm by virtuali »

Paul.T.

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 05:04:58 am »
aniiran Thanks for your input on this .

I had a feeling it was a matter of time before somebody else reports this issue .

Now after new download my scenery folder of Zurich look different then before .
Im missing the BAK file .
Please take a look at my attached picture . So now Im totally lost how to fix this issue?

Thanks

Paul.T.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 05:30:11 am »
This is becoming a nightmare now .

I really dont know what I did wrong ?

But now when Im downloading other sceneries and installing them, Im getting this Error message :ERROR when patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now!
This happened when I uninstalled GSX and try to reinstall it .
Please help me fix this .

Thank you .