Author Topic: FSX crash (ai_player.dll)  (Read 30896 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX crash (ai_player.dll)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 08:23:51 pm »
The following is a capture of my Scenery/World/Scenery folder within FSX. Notice anything out of the ordinary? I don't.

That's because you will not find any AI problems looking *there*. A typical problem with AIs like missing/corrupted textures, can only be found by checking each and every texture and model file in each of the Simobjects folders for AI.

Up to now I'm only getting the crash at exit flying from Vancouver. If I slide the commercial AI slider to 0 I get no crashes even leaving the GA slider wherever (currently at 20%).

This finally proves the problem is one of your AIs and not the scenery. At least, you know now it's an Airliner.

One other thing I was getting this crash with Just Flight Traffic 360 as well and only at Vancouver. I removed it and installed My Traffic X 5.4c and the crash issue is still there and only at Vancouver (I'm aware of what you stated earlier) but something is definitely amiss given it only occurs at Vancouver.

You are keep saying "only at Vancouver". Haven't you read my previous explanation ?

If your problematic AI is of an airline and kind that appears *mostly* at Vancouver (I say "mostly" because it will likely appear elsewhere, but it appears "only" at Vancouver, of the airports you tried), because of its livery and schedule, the problem WILL appear "only at Vancouver", but that doesn't change the problem is NOT the scenery.

Clearly proven by the fact the problem doesn't appear with the AI Airline slider to 0%. The only sure thing, it's not a GA airplane, but an airliner.

72westy

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 11:42:24 pm »
Thanks for reply. I've already figured that it has something to do with the AI (based on disabling it). I've mentioned on the My Traffic forum so perhaps they'll look into it. Odd that it's occurring with both AI programs I've tried JF Traffic 360 & My Traffic X 5.4c.

I have confirmed even more that it's not you product by starting flight elsewhere in the Vancouver area ad the crash still exists. So far I've not had any crashes outside of the region. But I must say I've not tried elsewhere in Canada such as Toronto, Montreal etc...
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

72westy

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 06:15:50 am »
Update:

After an exhaustive (I mean that) uninstall of FSX completely from my system I began the clean install process (using Nicks guide) as always. After getting everything in order and defragging using O&O...I still have the ai_player.dll crash after FSX exits. This time however I'm using no AI program of any sort...none...nadda...zip...only default FSX AI which is currently set at 20% for both.

I however seem to have narrowed it's cause down to possibly relating to Vancouver+ V3. I use it as well as Victoria+ but if I remove Victoria+ (using scenery library) the crash still happens. Re-enabling it (Victoria) then disabling Vancouver+ V3 and the crash disappears. Both of those add-ons have a configuration app for removing the added AI objects/craft they offer but disabling them using their prospective configuration apps does not resolve the crash issue. What is odd (figuratively speaking) if I remove FSDT Vancouver and continue to use both the (Vancouver+ & Victoria+ add ons) the crash disappears. Removing Vancouver+ (while running FSDT Vancouver) from the scenery library resolves the crash issue as well. Appears like some compatibility issue between FSDT Vancouver & Vancouver+V3. Leaving Victoria+ has no ill effect with or without either of the other two.

This crash also only happens...1. After haven exitied FSX /// 2. Only when I fly the PNW region /// 3. Only when using FSDT Vancouver with Vancouver+V3. If I fly from an area outside that region I receive no crash after exiting FSX (when using both together).

What I have added since the clean FSX install:

Complete UTX series (all current versions)

GEX - Europe, North America, Atlantic-Pacific tropics, Africa-Middle East (all current vesions)

Current version of FSUIPC (current version)

REX Essentials Plus (current version)

FS Global 2010 (current version)

FSDT Vancouver, Los Angeles

Fly Tampa - Montreal, Dubai, St. Maarten, Hong Kong (old)

Wing Creation - Narita & Fukushima

Numerous 3rd party payware aircraft such as: Iris Simulations, Vertigo Studios, Aerosoft, Aircraft Factory, FS Developers, Virtavia, Nemeth Designs etc...

Just to add when selecting a location to fly from and choosing CYVR Vancouver (using FSDT) nothing shows up in the location box (it's empty). Is this correct? Choosing other locations from the Vancouver+V3 or Victroia+ add ons will fill the box up with a location.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:31:31 am by 72westy »
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 08:38:46 am »
Just to add when selecting a location to fly from and choosing CYVR Vancouver (using FSDT) nothing shows up in the location box (it's empty). Is this correct?

No, it's not, and clearly indicates you have an AFCAD conflict caused by Vancouver+, which is likely the source of the problem.

Perhaps, the scenery comes with an incomplete AFCAD for CYVR that just "enhances" the default CYVR scenery, so it explains why it doesn't work anymore when you have a different CYVR airport installed.

72westy

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 12:03:28 pm »
Just to add when selecting a location to fly from and choosing CYVR Vancouver (using FSDT) nothing shows up in the location box (it's empty). Is this correct?

No, it's not, and clearly indicates you have an AFCAD conflict caused by Vancouver+, which is likely the source of the problem.

Perhaps, the scenery comes with an incomplete AFCAD for CYVR that just "enhances" the default CYVR scenery, so it explains why it doesn't work anymore when you have a different CYVR airport installed.

Not using any other CYVR airport (other than default FSX CYVR). The only thing I ]'ve done is to remove either FSDT Vancouver or the Vancouver+ V3 using the scenery library. The Vancouver+ creates a folder in FSX (FS Add On) within it lies both the Vancouver & Victoria add-ons. I'd imagine that would be where I need to look for the possible AFCAD file? What I do know is that it isn't related to any 3rd party AI program.

I've passed the issue onto Jon Patch via his forum.

72westy

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 05:51:08 pm »
Received the following from Jon Patch & Francois:

There are many people with both these products installed and the issue has never been reported before, so we know they are compatible, and unfortunately I have nothing more to suggest.  Neither Van+ or Vic+ have a CYVR AFCAD file.  If you have Vic+ running with PNW do ensure you've implemented the info in this post: http://jonpatch.wordpress.com/2011/08/28/fudging-vic-to-work-in-ftx-pnw/

All the best in the New Year!

Jon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The various AFCAD files are located in the FSAddon\VanPlus_Higher_Priority\scenery folder.

Be sure to read the part on installing (specifically Page 20 and 24 of the Manual).

We do NOT have an AFCAD file for CYVR because that airport is NOT included in the software (and now provided by FSDT)

Hope this helps :-)

Francois

Not sure we can do anything about it... I personally do not own FSDT's product. Maybe Jon can shed some light on it. Either way, as long as it doesn't happen WHILE using FSX, it doesn't seem too serious an issue? Does FSX start normally afterwards?

Francois

I've confirmed that the scenery order of the 2 add-ons (Vancouver+ & Victori+) including FSDT Vancouver are correct. They are as follows:

FSDT Vancouver
Victoria Higher priority
Victoria Lower priority
Vancouver Higher priority
Vancouver Lower priority

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 08:08:51 pm »
Vancouver+ DOES include numerous afcads in Vancouver though, 2 of them right at CYVR! Not to mention the AI it adds using rather old AI models.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 08:55:36 pm »
Could be they USED to include AFCAD for CYVR, but they stopped in the current distribution ? Those files might come from an older installation, and should be removed.

72westy

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 01:35:26 am »
Vancouver+ DOES include numerous afcads in Vancouver though, 2 of them right at CYVR! Not to mention the AI it adds using rather old AI models.

Would you be kind enough to name which ones? Then I'll try renaming them. Running the Vancouver configuration tool shows version 3.0.0.7-5

What is the current version number of Vancouver+ off hand?

The only CYVR file I see in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder is CYVR_AP_alt.bgl which I'm sure relates to FSDT Vancouver.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:15:47 am by 72westy »

72westy

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 05:09:57 pm »
Could be they USED to include AFCAD for CYVR, but they stopped in the current distribution ? Those files might come from an older installation, and should be removed.

The following was there response when I asked about any installer changes since release:

Nope, no version changes, and no CYVR included in Vancouver+ (we had a developer promise us a CYVR as follow-up, but it never came). Must be something else I'm afraid :-(

72westy

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 07:57:29 pm »
Update:

I have the 2 following files within a folder created by Vancouver+ (FSX/FSAddon/Van Plus v3/VanPlus_Higher Priority/Scenery)

1.AF2_CAM2 Vancouver Int'l SPB.bgl
2.AF2 CYV2 Vancouver Int'l Helijet.bgl

Renaming them (.off) resolves the issue of Vancouver not showing up in the location box when selected within FSX. The following are screen captures of all the files within the above mentioned folder. Anyone care to look them over and tell me what ones should not be there or may be causing my issue. I know the crash issue relates to Vancouver+ due to the crash not existing when I remove it via the scenery library.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 08:13:50 pm by 72westy »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 02:30:23 am »
 It could be any of the afcads from V+ or more possibly is the archaic AI models included. They are all pretty old and horrible. Try removing the traffic files to see if that has any effect.

Hnla

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 04:41:30 am »
Since the crash you speak of has nothing to do with Fsdreamteam, please do enlighten me why you continue to post here?

72westy

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 05:35:40 am »
Since the crash you speak of has nothing to do with Fsdreamteam, please do enlighten me why you continue to post here?

Because if you'd of read more closely you'd of realized that while not directly related it is happening only when combined with CYVR FSDT. Also one of the previous posters shed light on files relating to Vancouver V3 which tells me others that have this add on may help out with my issue. When either are taken out of the equation the crash disappears. This is a clean install of FSX Acceleration with FS Global 2010, REX Essentials, Complete UTX series, GEX Europe, NA, AFME, APT plus various 3rd party FSX aircraft.

And yes I'm also in contact with Jon Patch.

Ask yourself this...Why do developers work with outside developers on projects not directly related to their work?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:44:00 am by 72westy »

72westy

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 08:52:58 am »
It could be any of the afcads from V+ or more possibly is the archaic AI models included. They are all pretty old and horrible. Try removing the traffic files to see if that has any effect.

If you mean the traffic.bgls in the bottom screen shot...I did rename them and it had no effect. Funny thing is that Francois from http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/?page_id=36 took a look at the above screen shots and compared them to his and he stated the following:

Are you 72Westy? :-)
I had a look at your screenshots….. you appear to have MANY MORE AFCAD files in there than I have, and I have no idea where they should be coming from. I only count 26 AFCAD files in my scenery folder. You have many more preceding the AF2_VAN1.bgl and also 2 or 3 at the end that I do not have.
Mind you, I am the publisher and no expert…..

I to have no clue where the extra AFCAD files he states are showing are coming from. I even redownloaded the Vancouver v3 installer and end up with the exact same files/folders. Still waiting for a response from Jon.

What I do know is I have no 3rd party AI, and no additional add-ons for anywhere in the PNW region.