Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 11752 times)

SirIsaac726

First Impressions
« on: September 18, 2008, 11:44:26 pm »
Here is a post to give your first impressions so I can cry because the FS9 download isn't working for me right now. :'( :D

Seriously, what do you think of the scenery?  Looking at the screenshots on the website, it looks AMAZING!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 11:49:32 pm »
Try to refresh the link now. We have both servers under heavy load.

Alex

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:04:18 am »
Fu**ing AMAZING, no words to describe this amazing scenery!! absolutely stunning

SirIsaac726

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 12:39:24 am »
Try to refresh the link now. We have both servers under heavy load.

Yup, working.  I can only imagine how busy the servers are. :D

Thanks Virtuali.

perryfincher

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 01:27:11 am »
Freakin Cool!!!!

Wait is over!

Extremely impressive scenery.

Perry Fincher
Perry Fincher
Trans World Virtual Airlines

airplanelova93

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 01:43:34 am »
It truly is amazing.  The only thing that caught my eye (Out of the entire scenery !) was the fact that there were only 2 approach lights on 22L and there weren't any on 13L.  As mentioned before, thats the ONLY THING !!!.  In real life there are about 5-10, extending from the lights you guys put, out to the green marsh (the mounds) on 22L.  And on 13L there are lights (raised) from the base lights (the white rabbit).   But seriously, I'm just picky.  Great job guys ! :)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:47:15 am by airplanelova93 »

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 02:36:55 am »
Hi,

I have just one word.

"O U T S T A N D I N G"

Now, where is AES ;D

_Dre_

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 04:13:09 am »
First impressions;........I'm at the real JFK :).

I installed and my first interaction with the scenery was at night and the first thing I noticed was the realism of the "flood lights" and the distinct defference between the yellow and the white type. The airport so far is more than I expected considering that my machine is on the lower end of the spectrum. Yes, I've been in the backdoor forum since day one but those shots were for the most part FSX on a more powerfull machine than my own. So it was awesome and amazing to get very similar if not the same quality visuals as seen in the development screenshots on a Pentium 4.

The staff did a perfect job of capturing the feel and atmosphere of the airport and I have to commend you all for that. One other thing about those flood lights, I have all the big name sceneries from all the big name developers and I have to say that those lights illuminating the ramps are the best I have seen in FS9. The glow (halo) is as perfect as I've ever seen. The taxiway and runway textures are of the highest order and so far taxing around the airport (with AI traffic) I have no performance issues whatsoever.

So basically other than a minor issue with the trees that I posted somewhere else, for all of you who have never been to Kennedy; Welcome to JFK  ;D.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 04:16:22 am »
So basically other than a minor issue with the trees that I posted somewhere else, for all of you who have never been to Kennedy; Welcome to JFK

Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated after such long work to get it released. Don't worry about the tree issue, is surely something really minor, like a missing file in the installer or something like that. We'll surely get it fixed in the first update, or will simply post replacement files here.

Thibfly

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 09:36:51 am »
EXTRAORDINAIRE !!!! MAGNIFIQUE !!! SENSATIONNEL !!!!

I would just say : DU GRAND ART !!!

I have to go to work soon, but I had to try the scenery before my shower !!! It's simply incredible, I don't know where to look, I'll have to fly with my Heli more and more to see all the details...

Thanks very much FSDT for this amazing toy !!

See you !!!!

Lindbergh

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 10:30:02 am »
Hi,

I have just one word.

"O U T S T A N D I N G"

Now, where is AES ;D

Hi Michael

We have to wait until Oliver from Aerosoft is ready  ;) soon I hope.... in AES version 1.98 

Frank

Lindbergh

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 10:48:32 am »
By the way.... nice work with JFK, love it  :-* Can't wait for the Dallas airport  ;)