Author Topic: Unrecoverable script engine error  (Read 7085 times)

Greg Goodavish

Unrecoverable script engine error
« on: November 19, 2013, 11:39:03 pm »
I have Cloud 9 KMCO installed.  I also have most other FSDT sceneries.  I have used all of them without problem.  Today, I started up FSX, and went to KMCO.  I kept getting an unrecoverable script engine error message, and it told me to download the latest stand alone addon manager.  I did that, and I am still getting that error message.  I am positive I downloaded the stand alone manager correctly and installed it.  Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unrecoverable script engine error
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 11:57:35 am »
I kept getting an unrecoverable script engine error message, and it told me to download the latest stand alone addon manager

The message doesn't say just that. It also says you should check the Couatl.ERR file to know about the cause of the error, pointing to the path in your system where the file is located. Check your Couatl.err and post the last lines of the file.

Greg Goodavish

Re: Unrecoverable script engine error
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 05:51:06 pm »
I just found what it was.  I have a program called Radeon Pro, that helps sharpen graphics in FSX.  If I start that program manually, no problem.   However, it has an option to start automatically, when you start FSX.  I turned on that feature, and that is when I started getting your error messages.  Radeon Pro must have some type of scripting when you turn on the auto start up feature that interferes with yOur program scripting.  I turned off the auto start feature again, and all is well again.