Author Topic: Approach 05 Geneva - lifted up - too high  (Read 4376 times)

SevenTheFlyer

Approach 05 Geneva - lifted up - too high
« on: November 21, 2013, 12:39:48 am »
Hi,

I have a very special issue with the approach in Geneva. Just a few seconds before landing the plane is being lifted up (approach on Runway 05), even though the glideslope was perfect before. It feels like the flaps would be immediately fully set from zero.

This happens with all planes I used so far (leveld767, bae146...) and it only occures in Geneva since I got the fsdt AddOn (fsdt zurich no problem).

I fly manually (no autopilot) and I checked the replay many times and there's really no issue with the planes or control. No wind.

Have you got an idea? I have already reinstalled FSX and all Addons)

thx

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Approach 05 Geneva - lifted up - too high
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 01:51:27 am »
I can solve this mystery for you as i used to have the same issue there and also at a few other airports.

What it is, is that FSX has a thermal placed in front of that runway which makes your plane gain altitude when you fly thru it.

You can fix it by doing one of the following things.

1. Disable thermal using the tick box in the FSX settings menu in the weather area. I believe from memory the box says disbale thermals and turbulence.

2. The other option is to leave that box unchecked and go into the root FSX folder and scroll down until you find a file, not a folder, called thermaldescriptions.xml or something to that. It does have the word thermals in it. Just rename the file to thermaldescription.off or. bak. This will turn off the thermals in FSX but still allow the turbulence.

If your using a weather program like As2012 or Opus, I would do option 2. This is what i do and it works really well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:01:39 am by cmpbllsjc »

SevenTheFlyer

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 12:34:34 pm »
Thank you very much for the respond. I will try this.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 07:54:16 am »
Thank you very much for the respond. I will try this.

So did you try it and did it work?