Author Topic: TEXTURES FOR AI AIRCRAFT & AIRPORT GRADUALLY DISAPPEAR  (Read 11476 times)

SIDBOBUK

TEXTURES FOR AI AIRCRAFT & AIRPORT GRADUALLY DISAPPEAR
« on: November 08, 2013, 02:40:43 pm »
Hello, could someone please help me

When I create a flight anywhere at KORD (Runway or on Stand) the AI Aircraft textures gradually disappear, then followed by user aircraft then parts of airport scenery (become greyed out) then in some cases all textures become grey. Only seems to happen with KORD.

would appreciate it if someone could help. Many thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:42:40 pm by SIDBOBUK »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: TEXTURES FOR AI AIRCRAFT & AIRPORT GRADUALLY DISAPPEAR
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 03:48:28 pm »
When I create a flight anywhere at KORD (Runway or on Stand) the AI Aircraft textures gradually disappear, then followed by user aircraft then parts of airport scenery (become greyed out) then in some cases all textures become grey. Only seems to happen with KORD.

If it happens both to the scenery and the AI, it's clearly not a problem of the scenery, but it's a generic video driver/settings problem. The scenery doesn't have any control on AI textures.

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FS9 settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FS9\FS9.CFG

This will force FS9 to rebuild a new config with all default settings.

If this still doesn't fix it, be sure you don't run FS9 into any of the "Compatibility" modes. Every checkmark in the Compatibility tab of the Properties for FS9.EXE should be off.

SIDBOBUK

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 06:31:54 pm »
Thank you, I will give it a try and post the result.

SIDBOBUK

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 10:56:20 am »
Hello,

Thanks again for getting back to me. I have tried all of the above to no effect. It does only seem to be the KORD airport. I appreciate what you were saying about the scenery not linked to the AI Textures but it does not happen to any other airport so I'm not sure where to go from here.

I have installed and in use without problems fsdt Zurich, JFK, Las Vegas, Hilo & Lihue and Dallas (all fs9)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:06:20 am by SIDBOBUK »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 11:41:26 am »
Thanks again for getting back to me. I have tried all of the above to no effect. It does only seem to be the KORD airport. I appreciate what you were saying about the scenery not linked to the AI Textures but it does not happen to any other airport so I'm not sure where to go from here.

Fact it doesn't happen at any other airport doesn't mean much, you might be easily mislead thinking this if, for example, the problem is CAUSED by an AI (corrupted/missing) textures, which appears only at KORD, because of its livery/schedule/timetable.

SIDBOBUK

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 11:56:17 am »
Your absolutely right :) I was just in the middle of doing this when I heard your reply come through on the email.

By trial and error I started removing the last few AI Installed recently. It appears the WOAI American Airlines v4 doesn't want to work for me when KORD is concerned. I've had AA v4 for a while and not had this problem with any other airport so I have reverted by to AA v3 and KORD now runs smoothly for me.

Thanks for your help and advice!

sticky1202

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 02:36:19 pm »
Just to add, I have had issues with FS9 crashing at FSDT KLAX and KDFW, both AAL hubs. After much trial/error, I THINK I have narrowed the problem to the EGF repaint on the AIM  ai model. If your WOAI package has this repaint, you may try to remove it or change it to one of the E145 aircraft, and see if that was the specific problem.

Jim

SIDBOBUK

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 10:03:06 pm »
I'll have a look at that then, interesting.

Thank you