Author Topic: Moving Static Vehicles and Baggage Carts  (Read 5771 times)

waj2306

Moving Static Vehicles and Baggage Carts
« on: November 08, 2013, 04:58:34 pm »
I'm setting up my B717 here at PHNL (Hawaiian Airlines gates), and I find that some GSX vehicles are posted over/in the static vehicles and baggage carts at the gates.  I have tried to adjust GSX vehicles, but that places them too close to the aircraft and subsequently move like a drunken worm.  My question is, how could I move the static items without deleting them?

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Moving Static Vehicles and Baggage Carts
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 05:23:50 pm »
You can't remove the static vehicles. At which parkings, exactly, you can't find any suitable starting position for GSX vehicles ?

waj2306

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 05:43:05 pm »
I'm looking at Gates 54 thru 61.  I am thinking 53 is the best due to no static equipment on the starboard side.  I'm now working with moving GSX equipment a tad at a time and am hopeful that will put GSX at the best positions.  I really enjoy working with GSX, so it is no problem for me to spend hours tweaking it.  You have made an airport engineer out of me!  LOL

johndrago

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 02:32:56 am »
I'm setting up my B717 here at PHNL (Hawaiian Airlines gates), and I find that some GSX vehicles are posted over/in the static vehicles and baggage carts at the gates.  I have tried to adjust GSX vehicles, but that places them too close to the aircraft and subsequently move like a drunken worm.  My question is, how could I move the static items without deleting them?

Bill
What b717 are you using?

Thanks

John

waj2306

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 05:04:01 am »
John,
The Historical Jetliners Group (HJG) B717.  It sets up great and flys nicely.  Works nice with FSDT Hawaiian Islands.

Bill

waj2306

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 06:37:03 pm »
And, Umberto, I asked about MOVING, not REMOVING.  And I also stated the Hawaiian Airlines gates that should not be that hard to figure out, exactly, because you placed them there.  As far as a SUITABLE starting position, I should not have to settle for only one or two gates, I should be able to use any gate I want.  Attention to detail, as in GSX equipment sitting on or in static equipment is, well, lacking.  Now, if you feel you should answer me in a surly or snippy way, please delete this post and I will work through this myself.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 11:40:54 pm »
And, Umberto, I asked about MOVING, not REMOVING

Of course I understood it. It doesn't make any difference, you can't move or remove them. Only we could do that, because they are not separate objects that are programmed to be automatically removed by GSX, which is a method we use in sceneries released after GSX.

Attention to detail, as in GSX equipment sitting on or in static equipment is, well, lacking.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with "Attention to detail lacking". In what, exactly ?

If you are referring to the PHNL static objects, that scenery was designed years ago before GSX so, it couldn't possibly anticipate that one day a program like that could add its own ground vehicles. In fact, when we updated O'Hare to add the new runway, we ALSO removed a lot of static ground vehicles that would have interfered with GSX, because that update happened *after* GSX was released so, it's possible that once we'll have to update PHNL too similar reasons, we might do something similar.

If, instead, you are referring to GSX, since you said yourself that you weren't able to fix them with the editor because it wasn't possible to find any better way, I don't see how we could do any better, even with all the possible "attention to detail" we could put it.

THAT'S WHY I've asked you to make a list of the "impossible to fix" parkings, maybe we could do a quick patch to PHNL.