Author Topic: My Crosswind Runway AFCADs updated for v1.0  (Read 2621 times)

hombrexp

My Crosswind Runway AFCADs updated for v1.0
« on: November 07, 2013, 10:53:30 am »
Hi folks.  A little over 2 years ago I had submitted to this forum my own edits to FSDT KJFK v1.0's afcad file, consisting of 2 files offering realistic takeoff/arrival flows depending on the wind.  I had also tweaked the airline gate assignments to closely match real life assignments. 

Well, quite a few changes have happened since then.  There is an excellent multiple runway AFCADs file also found in this forum but it's for the new V2.0 product.  I don't own v2.0, but I made some extensive changes to the gate assignments here to account for changes made since I last uploaded my original file. I also have 3 runway scenarios now. Here are the details:

3 runway usage scenarios:
- ap_KJFK 13 4.bgl - Pairs runways 13 and 4, with departures from runway 4L and 13R,  Arrivals on 4R and 13L/R.
- ap_KJFK 31 4.bgl - Pairs runways 31 and 4, with departures from 31L and 4L, Landing on 31R and 4R.
- ap_KJFK 31 22.bgl - Pairs runways 31 and 22, with departures from 31L and 22R, Landing on 31L/31R and 22L.

Gate Assignments:
- More airlines fly out of Terminal 8, home to American Airlines.   They include LAN, Qatar Airways, TAM Airlines, Air Berlin, Finnair, Royal Jordanian, and US Airways.
- A few gates have been upgraded to handle the A380.  They are A1, A5, A7, A8 at Terminal 1.  D6 and D7 at Terminal 4. A few of the remote stands outside Terminal 4 can also handle the A380 now. 
- Hawaiian Airlines and Aer Lingus use gates at the JetBlue terminal 5.

Some other edits have been made to Cargo airline assignments, and I fixed GA parking to avoid planes parking inside buildings. 

All in all, these are just minor revisions to the 2011 file, but alas, I'm a stickler for detail and despise seeing airlines parking at the wrong gates, so if you are OCD like me this file is for you!

As before, you must only use one AFCAD file at a time in FSX, loaded before you open FSX.  My advice, look up the weather conditions for the time you expect to arrive and decide then which of the 3 files to move to your KJFK Scenery folder.

I'm pretty the runway pairs are correct, but please let me know if they are not, or I may need to add more files.  The other v2.0 file has many more configurations, so if necessary I'm open to adjusting accordingly.

Hope you enjoy.