Author Topic: Installing CLAX int. for fs9 from PC Aviator download store  (Read 10156 times)

Han Boerendans

Installing CLAX int. for fs9 from PC Aviator download store
« on: November 05, 2013, 06:11:33 pm »
Hi  sirs,
Could you please help me with the following problem(s) concerning installing CLAX for fs9

I bought a DVD for Los Angeles Intl for fs9 from PC Aviator Download store, but made a false start by running the klax_fs9_setup on an original fs9.exe program.
This resulted in an online activation of the program, but without showing “FSDreamteam Los Angeles Int” in the SETTINGS/Library and in Scenery.cfg.

Then I updated successfully fs9.exe with the microsoft fs91upd.exe  patch.

I dis-installed klax_fs9 from my hard drive.
 I started allover again running klax_fs9_setup from the DVD from PC Aviator download.
Now indeed “FSDreamteam Los Angeles Int” shows up on top of SETTINGS/Library and also in Scenery.cfg, but now the trialversion is active only for 7 minutes.
In the menubar on top of a running Flight Simulator 9, I see at “About” that the program is still being activated (probably from the first installation).

I downloaded from the FSDreamteam site the “Standalone Manager for fs9" and did run the setup-Addon Manager.exe  Wizard,  but was not able to find a way to run it on my PC.

Reinstalling klax_fs9 from the Flightsimulator menu bar option “FSDreamteam > Los Angeles V2 Reinstall”  was no option,  since I have no receipt for this from your site.

I  sincerely hope you can advice me what to do to get the program working in the final version,  included Active gate, Dynamic vehicles and AI aircraft.

Kind regards,
Han Boerendans

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installing CLAX int. for fs9 from PC Aviator download store
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 01:02:08 am »
I bought a DVD for Los Angeles Intl for fs9 from PC Aviator Download store

A DVD ??? I thought it was a download only...what's the point of wasting a 4.3GB DVD to store a 130 MB installer ?

but made a false start by running the klax_fs9_setup on an original fs9.exe program.

You can't do it, because the installer won't even proceed if FS9 is not updated to 9.1

This resulted in an online activation of the program

No, the online activation can only happen in one way: YOU must select the "Register Serial" button under the Addon Manager, there are no other way to activate it. Since the Addon Manager doesn't even start if FS9 is not updated to the 9.1 version, this didn't happen when you had the "original" FS9, if with "original", you mean the 9.0 version.

but without showing “FSDreamteam Los Angeles Int” in the SETTINGS/Library and in Scenery.cfg.

This doesn't have anything to do with the 9.1 update installation.

Then I updated successfully fs9.exe with the microsoft fs91upd.exe  patch

If you were able to proceed with the installer, it means your FS9 was already updated to 9.1.

Now indeed “FSDreamteam Los Angeles Int” shows up on top of SETTINGS/Library and also in Scenery.cfg, but now the trialversion is active only for 7 minutes. In the menubar on top of a running Flight Simulator 9, I see at “About” that the program is still being activated (probably from the first installation).

It's not possible the Addon Manager would show a scenery as "Active" and the scenery would disappear after 7 minutes.

I downloaded from the FSDreamteam site the “Standalone Manager for fs9" and did run the setup-Addon Manager.exe  Wizard,  but was not able to find a way to run it on my PC.

What does it mean ? Do you error messages ? Which ones ?

Reinstalling klax_fs9 from the Flightsimulator menu bar option “FSDreamteam > Los Angeles V2 Reinstall”  was no option,  since I have no receipt for this from your site.

Of course. That option (the server-assisted Reinstall) is only valid if you purchase directly from inside FS9 with the "Buy" button. But you don't need that, if the scenery shows as "Active" on the Addon Manager, you don't need to activate anything and your problem doesn't have anything to do with activation.

Are you SURE you are checking FSDT KLAX and not, for example, Cloud9 KLAX ?

Han Boerendans

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 03:24:47 pm »
Hi  Umberto, thanks for you immediate reply, may I comment as follows:

Quote 1: I Agree it is wasting, but it gave me a hard backup for the future. 

Quote 2: It is really true, may be PC Aviator had manipulated the download DVD in such a way that automatic activation is always done (even on fs9.0) as they do not supply a serial number for activation at your site.

Quote 3: I did try again “Register Serial” under the Addon Manager button but as mentioned before I have no receipt from your site with a serial number, I can use.

Quote 4: OK I understand.

Quote 5: This must be, I think a contradiction between the download from you site and the DVD download from “PC Aviator” where the installation was also done on fs9.0
(It is really true, I had a new map “FS Dreamteam” in Flightsimulator 9  with three pdf- manuals and the sceneries and textures in it, after the original  installation (fs9.0))
The Option “Add-on Manager > Cloud9 > Los Angeles > Documentation” however was empty.

Quote 6:  It is really true,  I” invite you to visit me at home in Holland to persuade you.

Quote 7: After running the Addon Manager setup, I can choose between “save”and “execute”. .I tried both, but nothing happened (anyway I could not see anything happening). Also I could not find a change in the menu bar.

Quote 8: I think so, I did download it from “fsdt / fsdreamteam.com” under “Stand alone manager” (“If you want to update the add-on manager to the latest version”) and  pushed the button “FS9 Version here” (setup_addonmanager.exe 1,89 MB).

Thanks again for reading all this stuff.
If the program on the PC Aviator DVD is so different indeed, that problems cannot be solved by continuing with it, could there be a different approach, may be ?

Kind regards from Holland,
Han Boerendans

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 05:31:18 pm »
Quote 1: I Agree it is wasting, but it gave me a hard backup for the future.

That might be a valid concern if the installer was on a protected link that might expire. But since our installers are always freely available on our site, and there aren't any other installers, WE are keeping your backup for you.

The only thing really valuable is your Serial Number, a backup DVD for our installer is just a waste of money, shipping and plastic. By the time you'll need to reinstall, chances are we might have released an updated installer that you will be able to download freely from here, with no limitations.

Quote 2: It is really true, may be PC Aviator had manipulated the download DVD in such a way that automatic activation is always done (even on fs9.0) as they do not supply a serial number for activation at your site.

Maybe they have put a routine to insert the Serial in the registry for you, so you won't have to *manually* open the Addon Manager to do that, but that doesn't mean you don't have a normal Serial Number for the activation at our (not really "our", but on Esellerate site). You surely have it, in your purchase receipt, and that's what you would have to use if you want to reinstall in the future, since you'll likely want to use an updated installer, in case we'll release one.

Quote 3: I did try again “Register Serial” under the Addon Manager button but as mentioned before I have no receipt from your site with a serial number, I can use.

If you purchased from PC Aviation, is quite normal you don't have a receipt on our site. But you surely have a receipt from PC Aviator, which contains your Serial, and that CAN be used for activation on our site.

Just to be more clear: regardless where you purchase our products, the activation method is just one. The installer is the same and the activation is always happening on Esellerate servers. If you need a reactivation, you will have to contact us in any case, since we can reactivate any Serial, regardless where you purchased it from.

The ONLY thing you can't do is that, in case you LOSE your purchase receipt, is to RETRIEVE a copy of your purchase receipt from Esellerate (the method explained in our FAQ), because you haven't purchase it there, but I believe PC Aviator has a similar procedure.

This must be, I think a contradiction between the download from you site and the DVD download from “PC Aviator” where the installation was also done on fs9.0
(It is really true, I had a new map “FS Dreamteam” in Flightsimulator 9  with three pdf- manuals and the sceneries and textures in it, after the original  installation (fs9.0))
The Option “Add-on Manager > Cloud9 > Los Angeles > Documentation” however was empty.

I would need to have a look at that installer. Are you saying that PC Aviator DVD doesn't contain the FSDT installer ? In that case, just download OUR installer.

Quote 7: After running the Addon Manager setup, I can choose between “save”and “execute”. .I tried both, but nothing happened (anyway I could not see anything happening). Also I could not find a change in the menu bar.

What you are asking now doesn't have anything to do with our products but, instead, if BASIC Windows downloading/installing stuff. Those two options are what a browser would usually give you for ANY downloadable program.

The "Execute" option is an option that will allow to execute an installer as soon as it's completed, but it almost never work, and shouldn't be used anyway because, you'll lost the installer since is only there for a limited time in the temporary folder.

The "Save" option is what you want to do but, of course, NOTHING will happen if you "just" Save. You will then need to go to the folder where you Saved into, and THEN double-click on the executable that is there, to RUN it.

I think so, I did download it from “fsdt / fsdreamteam.com” under “Stand alone manager” (“If you want to update the add-on manager to the latest version”) and  pushed the button “FS9 Version here” (setup_addonmanager.exe 1,89 MB).

That's the correct link for the FS9 version of the Addon Manager. Now you should see the setup_addonmanager.exe in the folder you downloaded into. Not that this is really needed, KLAX installer, of course, comes with the Addon Manager, at least the FSDT one, so you won't have to update the Addon Manager separately.

If the program on the PC Aviator DVD is so different indeed, that problems cannot be solved by continuing with it, could there be a different approach, may be ?

The issue is, you are saying that you were able to install into FS9.0. Our installer wouldn't allow it so, assuming the PC Aviatior installer allowed it, the scenery won't run on 9.0 anyway so, maybe this is why it doesn't work.

So, is your FS9 NOW updated to 9.1 ? If no, Update it and then install KLAX using our installer.

Han Boerendans

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 06:12:05 pm »
OK, Umberto thanks very much for your advice, I think it is very helpfull and I will proceeed the day after to morrow (tomorrow I celebrate my 82end birthday with my grandchilrdren and they will keep me busy that day).
PS I did find the serialnumber on the PC Aviator-order and can use this.

Once again thanks very much  for the extended information.
Kind regards,
Han

Han Boerendans

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 09:58:40 pm »
Hi, Umberto,

The serialnumber I got from PC Aviater did it, I now have the final version.
It really is very detailed and  perfect.

The other items are problematical:

The Addon Manager still is invisible. I indeed saved the download in a self defined map, but from there running the “Setup–VIRTUALI Addon Manager 1.81 Wizard” on my computer,  there is no Addon Manager program  and the Setup-wizard does not ask me where I want to save the program. (No ikon on the desktop, not in the Microsoft Games/ Flight Simulator 9 map, documents map, the program menu, and not in any file after “search”).

In the upper menu bar from a running FS9, the original Addon Manager is still there, with four options marked: “Active Gates, Active Gates Messenger, Dynamic Vehicles for user Aircraft, Dynamic Vehicles for AI Aircraft”.  But they are not shown on the screen.
And aside from having marked them here, I do not know how to activate them

I believe to have read somewhere that there should be some preprogrammed approaches, but also in my situation in SELECT A FLIGHT, there is no category FS Dreamteam or Cloud9 or something like this. (It could be that this only applies to FSX ).

However most important for me is  that the airport is not empty  (I had Blue Print before this and this is the reason I had chosen for Los Angeles from FS Dreamteam).
Dynamic vehicles would be fantastic. Hope you still have some idea’s
Regards,
Han

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 09:40:19 am »
The other items are problematical:

Nothing in your post shows you still have problems left in KLAX.

The Addon Manager still is invisible.

According to your post, is now working perfectly.

I indeed saved the download in a self defined map, but from there running the “Setup–VIRTUALI Addon Manager 1.81 Wizard” on my computer,  there is no Addon Manager program  and the Setup-wizard does not ask me where I want to save the program.

You are now confusing the *downloading* process, which is something that's happening in your BROWSER, that will ASK if you want to "Save" or "Execute" the installer, which you described in your previous post, to the *installation* process, which is what you are describing now.

It's normal the installer won't ask you if you want to "Save" the installer: you ARE running it!

(No ikon on the desktop, not in the Microsoft Games/ Flight Simulator 9 map, documents map, the program menu, and not in any file after “search”).

Nowhere in the program documentation is indicated you are supposed to find an "Addon Manager" icon on the desktop or on the program group. The Addon Manager is an FS9 module, which means you don't start it manually, it will start automatically with FS9 and, according to your post, is starting just fine, because you can call it from the FS9 menu and it works.

In the upper menu bar from a running FS9, the original Addon Manager is still there

See ? It's working.

I don't understand what you mean with "original" Addon Manager. There's only one version of the Addon Manager, and it's included with ANY scenery download and the most current version of the files is downloaded together with the scenery installer so, it's not possible to get a wrong/outdated version of the Addon Manager, if you run a scenery installer made by FSDT.

The only reason to download install the Addon Manager separately, is to have a way to update it without reinstalling a scenery of, if you installed something old, for example from Cloud9 (which doesn't have installers that downloads the latest Addon Manager automatically), to be sure you have the latest version.

But any scenery made by FSDT has an installer that automatically downloads and install the latest Addon Manager, so downloading and installing the stand-Alone Addon Manager is not needed. It won't make any harm/difference if you do it, but is not needed.

with four options marked: “Active Gates, Active Gates Messenger, Dynamic Vehicles for user Aircraft, Dynamic Vehicles for AI Aircraft”.  But they are not shown on the screen. And aside from having marked them here, I do not know how to activate them.

Not all sceneries we made have such options so, they are in the program but, if they are greyed out, it means that specific scenery doesn't support them.

It has been a while since we don't use such options anymore, I believe the only scenery that have all of them was Cloud9 EHAM, because it was a scenery that was made before FSX was released. Since FSX already includes all of them by default, and we have a complete ground services products available in FSX ( GSX ), we don't use such options anymore in the FS9 version of our most recent sceneries which are, basically, a straight port back into FS9, without all the FSX-only features.

I believe to have read somewhere that there should be some preprogrammed approaches, but also in my situation in SELECT A FLIGHT, there is no category FS Dreamteam or Cloud9 or something like this. (It could be that this only applies to FSX ).

Nowhere in the KLAX documentation we indicate there are pre-programmed Flights installed with the scenery.

However most important for me is  that the airport is not empty  (I had Blue Print before this and this is the reason I had chosen for Los Angeles from FS Dreamteam).

Are you sure you were saying "not empty" ? Or you mean "is now empty" ? To fill the airport, you must use an AI traffic product, such My Traffic, World of AI, etc.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:42:14 am by virtuali »

Han Boerendans

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 10:07:49 am »
OK thanks again, so you think the airport scenery is complete now.
Our mails crossed today:
Thinking about it last night, it could be that the downloadfile (at the PC Aviator DVD) is outdated and as you mentioned before, it is not wise to use this since on the FSdreamteam site always the most recent program is available for download.
But now I understand that there is no reason to do this.
Thanks again,
Han Boerendans

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 10:53:50 am »
Thinking about it last night, it could be that the downloadfile (at the PC Aviator DVD) is outdated and as you mentioned before, it is not wise to use this since on the FSdreamteam site always the most recent program is available for download.

I've said that "by the time you'll have to reinstall it", the installer on the DVD might become outdated. Right now it's not, since we haven't updated the KLAX installer recently.

And, about the Addon Manager part, which is updated more often (but not that often in FS9), every installer downloads it automatically from the internet when it starts so, that's doesn't risk to become outdated.