Author Topic: Stuttering vehicles?  (Read 5401 times)

ukjim

Stuttering vehicles?
« on: October 21, 2013, 04:07:03 pm »
Hi,

I like the look of your product and how it is compatible with all airports etc - but when I used the demo at the default airport, the vehicles travelling to the plane via the roads/lanes stuttered?

The animations when the vehicles were at the plane e.g. loading the baggage were fine it was only when they were travelling to and from the plane.

I have searched on the web and within this forum and could not find anyone that has the same issue so I thought I would post to see if you knew of anything that I could try.

If I solve this issue I would definitely buy the product but with it I don't want to in case I get it in the full product.

The plane I was using was the Airbus X Extended

Thanks,
Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stuttering vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 05:34:51 pm »
The animations when the vehicles were at the plane e.g. loading the baggage were fine it was only when they were travelling to and from the plane.

They surely don't do that, and nobody ever reported a problem like that before. If you were running the purchased version over a 3rd party AFCAD made in a strange way (too many nodes, for example), I might explain it as that being the reason but, the Trial version over either one of the two default Trial airports or any of the FSDT airports will surely don't do that.

Are you seeing this at all airports you tried, or just in a specific place/situation ?

ukjim

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 06:32:22 pm »
I will try it again using different trial airport's and parking zones. I hope it works because it's a great product apart from that. As I say I have not seen this anywhere else so it may be a config thing on my setup. 

I'll give it another go tonight and report back tomorrow :)

Fingers crossed!

ukjim

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 09:30:48 pm »
OK so I have just had a go again - installed no problem and loaded the Airbus at LIML gate 13 I believe. So kicking in and hitting Ctrl+F12 the menu pops up. So I hit catering and all the magic happens where the vehicles become visible.

This is where it stuttered - the baggage loaders driving away stuttered - checking the FPS and it remained pretty constant (not enough to be making the vehicles do what they do)

Likewise if I choose to board the baggage loaders driving to the plane stutter. Once they are at the plane no problems at all.

I went into the options and turned off the green messages that appear - this improved things slightly but it still had micro-stutters. Unfortunately I think it may just be my old dinosaur machine causing me a headache again.

It is a shame because it is such a great addon by the looks of it :(

If you have suggestions then feel free to say mate.

Thanks,
Jim

ceo1944

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 02:55:31 pm »
It always stutters for me every time the vehicles are spawned.  There's a temporary frame rate hit that lasts maybe 10 seconds but after that, once the FPS stabilizes, the vehicles still jump around just not as much.

It doesn't really bother me particularly because I don't spend much cockpit time looking out the windows to see what's going on.  It's still a wonderful add-on, just the followme and marshaller are worth it if nothing else worked right.

It's interesting that the followme doesn't stutter or jump when it's leading me in.  Neither does the passenger bus.  Makes me think there's indeed something that can be adjusted to stop the catering and baggage trucks, and the pushback tug, from jumping and lurching instead of driving smoothly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 01:05:27 am »
It always stutters for me every time the vehicles are spawned.  There's a temporary frame rate hit that lasts maybe 10 seconds but after that, once the FPS stabilizes, the vehicles still jump around just not as much.

It's likely your system is too overloaded, by too high settings and too add-ons used at the same time.

It's absolutely normal you would see a brief pause when vehicles are created, but not for 10 seconds, normally 2-3 maximum. But if this is how it is on your system, that's nothing you can do in GSX to make it shorter, since is not caused by GSX, but by the whole combination of settings and add-ons used so, you should probably work on that or, just wait 10 seconds.

Fact it doesn't happen with the Follow Me is also normal: it's just one vehicle being created, instead of 7-8 at the same time.