Author Topic: allocating vehicles to an airport  (Read 14313 times)

juxair

allocating vehicles to an airport
« on: November 04, 2013, 11:13:24 am »
hello

this might be posted in the forum but i couldn t find the answer

my question is:

how to allocate vehicles to an airport ?

example:

Luxair vehicles to ELLX

regards

awe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: allocating vehicles to an airport
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 11:47:11 am »
Explained briefly in the manual, and with more detail in the documentation that comes with the PaintKit

juxair

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 02:01:19 pm »
ty for your answer

i read the paintkit sdk and i m completely confused ....

putting the logo luxair in the staircase folder but changing the catering sim !?

may be there is a kind soul around that can post the texts and where to add /put what exactly

airport:ELLX airline:LUXAIR (color lightblue greenish )

staircases  lightblue greenish
catering  lightblue greenish
big pushback  lightblue greenish
etc

ty

regards

awe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 01:06:54 am »
I'm sorry but, the most clear explanation I could give, is the one in the PainKit documentation, it's really no use repeating it here. Try to read it more carefully, everything you need to known to learn to control vehicles at airports is there.

juxair

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 10:21:14 am »
hello
i absolutely agree that there is no need repeating it here as that wouldn t clear up things but posting an example what s needed in texture and what s needed in sim for ONE vehicle that would put ALL needed vehicles to ELLX would help me alot !!!

ty

regards

awe

juxair

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 12:54:54 pm »
hello

i suppose that nobody knows how to program the 6 vehicles to show up at ELLX or nobody is willing to help ...

clearly disappointed customer

regards

awe

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 02:33:06 pm »
hello

i suppose that nobody knows how to program the 6 vehicles to show up at ELLX or nobody is willing to help ...

clearly disappointed customer

regards

awe

Please stop, I have enough whining babies in my house now already...

Umberto said it comes with the paint kit, so READ IT.

juxair

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 03:29:02 pm »
it would be way easier for you and less time consuming to post me an example and make your customer happy

i read it together with my daughter and we both couldn t figure it out

now call us stupid !

regards

awe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 03:45:12 pm »
it would be way easier for you and less time consuming to post me an example and make your customer happy

I don't know what do you mean with "you" in this message. Are you referring to the message from Hnla ? His just a fellow forum user like you so no, you are not his customer.

As I've said, everything you need to know was in the PaintKit documentation, which took time and effort to write it, and I couldn't explain it here any better or any different than it's explained there. The PaintKit documentation also comes with an example, explaining how to add a new livery, the FSDT livery, I don't see how it would be any different if the livery was, for example, Luxair.

Since it would take more time to post a message on a forum, than do the actual work, I've made the changes for you so, if you download the Vehicles Update installer 3 now, it now comes with Luxair already set to appear at all EL* ICAO codes.

So much for the "clearly disappointed customer"...

juxair

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 03:58:12 pm »
ty for this fast reply Umberto

and yes it was ment to hnla and his comment really made me upset

what we both don t understand in your documentation are the texture instructions
example:
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.01
fallback.2=..\..\FSDT_Staircase\texture.01

does fallback 1 mean that it uses the marshaller with texture.01 ?
now if i want to use another marshaller should i just change his texture ?

now if i make a new logo in ... user.ELLX do i put ALL i want to call in the texture file ?

example:

fallback.1 .....
fallback.2 ....
etc

etc

ty for your patience and ty for your support i ll check your new files now and may be it will clear up things

regards
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 05:41:15 pm by virtuali »

Hnla

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 04:17:39 pm »
Well I apologize for my comment. It just makes me "upset" when people complain over and over again on the forum and don't take the time to read it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 05:40:24 pm »
now if i want to use another marshaller should i just change his texture ?

Nowhere the PaintKit documentation says you can change a marshaller, nor you asked for it. You asked only how to assign a new operator and this, as clearly explained on the PaintKit documentation, is made with JUST adding its LOGO.

now if i make a new logo in ... user.ELLX do i put ALL i want to call in the texture file ?

The PaintKit documentation clearly explained everything you had to do. I'm sorry, but you NEED to read AND UNDERSTAND ALL the explanations there, if it was possible to explain this in a few lines on a forum post, the PaintKit documentation wouldn't be 9 pages long. You must read it entirely, without skipping any steps, and it contains all you need to know to do what you are asking.

As I've said, there's a step-by-step example about creating an FSDT livery, and the result is even INCLUDED in the PaintKit, because that's the livery of the samples. I really don't see how else you would need.

The PaintKit is meant for users that knows how to edit files and have a basic knowledge of the FSX SDK about Simobjects folder structures. It's not meant to teach you what you can also learn in the FSX SDK about how objects folders work and textures Fallback works, it's assumed you know that already and if you don't, it's discussed in the FSX SDK so, no point to repeat it in the PaintKit either.

If you can't figure it out with the PaintKit documentation, than just ask for new operators, and we'll add them. It really took less time for me to add Luxair than it took to reply to this post.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 05:43:19 pm by virtuali »

juxair

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 12:53:45 pm »
first of all ty for adding luxair
they nicely show up in aerosoft ellx

though i did not only want to add a logo but also  repaint the vehicles

i ll keep on testing and keep you informed

regards

awe
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:13:14 pm by juxair »

juxair

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 07:20:18 pm »
hello umberto

i created new textures for catering and replaced your original files

unfortunalety i can t get rid of LOGOS that aren t needed as the logo is on the main textures

i tried to call your new luxair logo but it s not showing up ....

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_Catering\texture
fallback.2=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.green
fallback.3=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.01
fallback.4=..\..\FSDT_Baggage_Loader\texture.01
fallback.5=..\..\FSDT_Catering\texture.LUX

what s going wrong here

ty

regards

awe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 10:39:21 am »
unfortunalety i can t get rid of LOGOS that aren t needed as the logo is on the main textures

No, it's not. As you can clearly see by opening the Catering main texture folder ( FSDT_Catering\texture.01 ), the textures do not contain any logo, there's just a blank vehicle.

Assuming you want to use the LUX texture added in the last update, that configuration you made won't work because you still haven't read the PaintKit with enough attention. From Page 5 of the PaintKit Documentation:

The 5th Fallback is likely the most important to understand properly. We are finally referencing the folder containing the actual Logo user texture.

This is the folder that contains the GSX_Logo_4x1.DDS you can create for your Logo but, why it’s under the FSDT_Staircase folder ?

It’s just a convention, we need to choose only ONE Simobject folder that will act as a “Storage” for the actual logo textures, with the others just referencing through Fall- backs. We chose to use the Staircase for this purpose, it could have been any other object but, since the rest of the set provided with the PaintKit uses this convention, it’s best if you stick to it, otherwise you would need to modify all the other texture.cfg of the PaintKit, with no particular benefit.

I don't see how this could have been explained any clearer. Just check some of the OTHER TEXTURE.CFG files for Catering vehicles that comes with GSX which have a texture that ALREADY EXISTS (meaning, it's not Catering-specific) as an operator for other vehicles. For example, the one for Air China, in the FSDT\Catering\texture.CA folder, look like this:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.red
fallback.3=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.01
fallback.4=..\..\FSDT_Baggage_Loader\texture.01
fallback.5=..\..\FSDT_Staircase\texture.CA

This because Air China is already an operator for all other vehicles types so, as explained in the PainKit, its "master" objects that contains its actual Logo textures is the FSDT_Staircase folder so, the same is valid for LUXAIR: since we HAVE it as an operator for all the other vehicles, its logo is under the FSDT_Staircase\texture.LUX, so that's what you'll have to put inside your texture.cfg.

And, of course, you must have a custom texture folder+texture.cfg for all different variations of the Catering vehicle, and the according [fltsim.xxx] sections, each one with the proper ICAO codes.