Author Topic: Using ADE for afcad  (Read 4013 times)

johnk51

Using ADE for afcad
« on: November 02, 2013, 09:45:18 pm »
I've been having problems with kdfw telling me that it's active but not installed in scenery library.  I had looked at some of the post about problems.  I discovered when I compile the afcad in ade and save it over the ap_kdfw.bgl the ap_kdfw_obj.bgl disappears.  That is the problem.  If I have a copy of the obj file and put it back in.  It works great, or if I compile to another folder it works.  So if any one has this problem with ade I guess that's the solution.  I haven't talked to ade forum yet.  But this had been driving me crazy.
John K

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Using ADE for afcad
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:14:28 pm »
That's a good tip. It's strange that ADE would just remove the _obj.bgl file. I would expect it might overwrite it with a new one, not just removing it.

johnk51

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:14:56 pm »
Over at the ade forum they said that ade if the ap and obj files are not split that ade removes any obj files to avoid duplication.  They suggested importing the obj file into the ap_kdfw.bgl then save it or import the obj after changing the ap_kdfw files.  Which is what I had done.  I don't know if I would want to do as they suggested.  If I need to update the gates, I'll just compile in another folder and then copy it over the old one.
John K

Catchman86

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 10:22:58 am »
I can verify that copying the objects bgl back in after altering the afcad fixed the problem for me as well. Bravo, sir.