Author Topic: Passenger Numbers  (Read 5137 times)

UKV2189

Passenger Numbers
« on: November 02, 2013, 12:46:46 pm »
Guys,

I have a question. How does GSX know how many passengers to board? I cannot seem to find another post on it, if there is another one then forgive and point me to it.

I have the same question for cargo, how does GSX know how much cargo to load.
And lastly, food, how does GSX know how much food to load?

Kindest Regards,
Craig

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger Numbers
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 01:24:14 pm »
How does GSX know how many passengers to board?

It's explained on the GSX manual, Page 12, the number of passenger is estimated by taking the load stations weight, divided by 220 lbs., which is the industry standard figure for the weight of a passenger + luggage.

I have the same question for cargo, how does GSX know how much cargo to load.

Same way. But keep in mind that, in both cases you will never have more than 3 luggage carts per loader or 5 cargo container carts per loader in any case.

And lastly, food, how does GSX know how much food to load?

In that case, it's always 3 food carts for each catering vehicle.

UKV2189

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 01:25:34 pm »
Thank you. When you say load stations is this what I put in the PMDG FMC?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 02:13:05 pm »
Thank you. When you say load stations is this what I put in the PMDG FMC?

GSX read the standard load stations as defined in FSX, those that you usually fill using the standard "Fuel and Payload" dialog box in FSX.

If what you set in the PMDG panel acts on that quantity, then they are the same. If, instead, PMDG is using some kind of internal simulation (no idea if this is the case or not), then GSX won't know anything about it.

UKV2189

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 02:32:54 pm »
Ah right ok.

Nope I have near used the Fuel and Payload loader before.

Could this be a suggestion for the next update, to have GSX board passengers according to the PMDG FMC? I've heard that the coding is difficult to create with the PMDG software.

Thanks,
Craig

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 03:23:45 pm »
Nope I have near used the Fuel and Payload loader before.

If you haven't use that panel before, doesn't automatically mean that, if you use the PMDG FMC to set the load, the actual simulated parameters aren't the same.

An easy way to verify if this is the case, would be checking the payload values in the default loader BEFORE and AFTER changing the stations load in the PMDG FMC. If they change, it means PMDG is using the standard stations, if they don't, it means they use their own internal simulation.

Could this be a suggestion for the next update, to have GSX board passengers according to the PMDG FMC ?

We made an universal add-on that works with FSX. We didn't do an add-on for a PMDG airplane. If a developer takes the route of simulating a system that exists in FSX, but in his own way, it should be prepared to accept the risk that doing this would cause issues for users of other add-ons that makes calculations based on the standard system.

Such values might be used by many other add-ons other than GSX, like flight planners, etc. It's just wrong that *all* of them would need to adapt to an airplane that used a non-standard system, the proper way would be the airplane developer would write back their own internal values into the standard places, to maintain compatibility with everything else, not the other way around.