Author Topic: KLAX/KDFW and FS9 crashing  (Read 4771 times)

sticky1202

KLAX/KDFW and FS9 crashing
« on: October 25, 2013, 10:14:44 pm »
Let me start by saying I own all of your FS9 sceneries except Geneva and Zurich. They are all fabulous, and even with a 6 year old computer, I can run them all with full AI with only some stuttering. Now the problem. Over the last few months, KLAX and KDFW have become problems for me. I can't depart or land at these airports without FS9 crashing and shutting down, UNLESS my ai traffic is set below 3%. I can run KORD, KJFK, and other busy sceneries with full ai and no problems. Its only these two airports, and only recently that this has happened. I have reinstalled both with no luck. My question is, is there something in the design of these two airports that is different from the other FS9 FSDT airports? Also, I noticed in my scenery config file, that the "layer"s are not always sequenced numerically. Sometimes they skip a number, although the "areas" are sequenced without skipping. Any ideas on what could be causing this. I really do not want to remove these sceneries, but also do not want to fly into LAX or DFW with 3 ai aircraft at the entire airport.

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX/KDFW and FS9 crashing
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 02:35:29 am »
UNLESS my ai traffic is set below 3%. I can run KORD, KJFK, and other busy sceneries with full ai and no problems.

The problem is not related in any way to the scenery but, it's clearly a problem with one of your AI models that, because of its schedule and livery, only appear at those airports (it will probably appear elsewhere too, but not on a place you tried) so, you are mislead thinking the problem are the airports, because it doesn't happen in other places, but that's just because of the different AI schedule.

The most likely cause of this is a missing and/or corrupted AI texture.