Author Topic: Appcrash Stackhash on approach und departure **SOLVED**  (Read 12394 times)

JoesCrew

Appcrash Stackhash on approach und departure **SOLVED**
« on: October 24, 2013, 11:26:09 am »
First of all: thx for these wonderfull airports KLAX and KDFW plus GSX, that I really enjoy using.

Unfortunately i have a lot of problems on longhaul flights, arriving or departing from both KLAX and KDFW.

About 20 Minutes after takeoff, being away about 150nM FSX crashes CTD with the Appcrash Stackhash error. The same story when i am getting close to about 200 to 100 nM, the same problem.

Before that I had g3d.dll and ntdll crashes when using the 4096-texture command in my FSX. Since I use 1024 again, everything is fine.

The only "workaround" is: deleting the coatl-entry in the trusted section of the fsx.cfg and on starting fsx not installing coat (dont trust).

Then I can load the FSUIPC-saved file and continue. With coatl loading, the reloaded flight would crash again.

i7, Win7, SP2, FS Global, UTX US+EU, GEX US+EU, GSX, REX, Radar Contact, FSUIPC latest (catches all g3d.dll errors), MyTrafficX latest.

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall Addon Manager + coatl, but did not change anything.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:24:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Appcrash Stackhash on approach und departure
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 01:49:05 pm »
About 20 Minutes after takeoff, being away about 150nM FSX crashes CTD with the Appcrash Stackhash error. The same story when i am getting close to about 200 to 100 nM, the same problem.

This clearly proves that the airports are not the cause. The loading of our airports is entirely managed by the Addon Manager and Couatl programs, and there's a range (which is 16NM for both KLAX and KDFW), if your are outside of this range, NOTHING is loaded for the airports, and both programs are sitting idle doing nothing. They start doing things only after you are inside that range.

Before that I had g3d.dll and ntdll crashes when using the 4096-texture command in my FSX. Since I use 1024 again, everything is fine.

This seems to indicate you are low on memory, because you add-ons are probably using too much of it.

Then I can load the FSUIPC-saved file and continue. With coatl loading, the reloaded flight would crash again.

That's not an indication that Couatl is the cause. First, Couatl CANNOT crash FSX by itself, by definition. An external .EXE doesn't have any access to FSX memory, so it cannot crash it.

What you are seeing is, instead, a side effect on the low memory problem you already have regardless. Although FSUIPC tries to detect and delay the crash that will happen sooner or later, enough to warn you with the beeping sound and allow you to Save and Continue, this might not be enough to save the internal memory in FSX to have issues which might lock up Simconnect communications between add-ons.

This might affect either the Addon Manager or Couatl, that might end up stuck waiting to talk with Simconnect and FSX and getting no reply, because of the low memory problems so, they are not the cause of the problem, but the victims.

You must find ways to reduce your memory usage, since FSX is a 32 bit app, and can't use more thna 4GB, regardless how much RAM you have. Under DX9, the issue is even worse because, video drivers under DX9 will duplicate the memory used by the video card (used for textures and objects) on the main RAM, taking even more space.

As discussed many other times here and on other forums, your options to reduce memory are:

- Use DirectX 10

- Reduce your settings, especially the Scenery Radius, Scenery Complexity and Autogen Density

- Don't use ultra-high resolution liveries and VC textures in your airplanes.

- Use less add-ons in a specific area.

Use the free ProcessExplorer program to check how much memory your FSX is using. If you are well over 3GB, you are going to have troubles sooner or later, even if the theoretical limit is 4GB, the real usable limit is about 3.5 GB.

JoesCrew

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 03:55:11 pm »
Umberto, thx for the fast response and good inputs. Of course, I read in other posts about the Out of Memory issues with FSX, but I wasnt so sure, that I reached those limits.

Process Explorer shows 2,8GB FSX workload when I sit in my PDMG 747 at the gate at KDFW with two monitors and windowed mode. But I will look deeper into that matter on my flight deck.

Please realise, You and the other developers provide us with the most yummi candisticks. But we have eventually go to the dentist and endure the drilling to get everything fixed up again. So please bear with us, that we are sometimes overwhelmed with that error messages.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 08:59:53 pm »
Process Explorer shows 2,8GB FSX workload when I sit in my PDMG 747 at the gate at KDFW with two monitors and windowed mode

But you said the crash happened only after a long flight. This usually indicates one of your add-ons is leaking memory over time. It can't be Couatl.exe because, as an separate exe, it has its own separate memory space, which doesn't cut into the FSX memory space so, even if it was leaking memory ( it doesn't, but just assume it did ), it couldn't steal memory from FSX itself.

The most likely candidate for an addon that is leaking memory over time, would be either an airplane gauge, or a internal FSX module that runs as a .DLL.

If you see that 2.8 GB growing over time when you fly between two airports, than it's likely something is leaking memory.

JoesCrew

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 08:10:10 am »
Process Explorer tracked my test flight over 30 minutes and FSX memory usage went down from 2,8 GB to 2 GB workload. Then the usual CTD happend, this time with AsSysCtrlService.exe crashing as well. So most likely we are talking about a BIOS/memory problem i would assume. Any inputs would be appreciated.

BTW: your version KDFW and KLAX looks much nicer (and most of all "cleaner") then these airports in reality. Absolutey superb work you have accomplished!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 11:34:15 am »
Then the usual CTD happend, this time with AsSysCtrlService.exe crashing as well.

Normally, this file is the AI Booster from ASUS, it's not needed by Windows and might cause problems because it might start automatic overclocking. But, according to this site:

http://www.file.net/process/assysctrlservice.exe.html

although there are many variants of it as a legit application, there are virus who disguise themselves as being that file so, check what version you have to be sure it's not a virus, and remove it anyway.

JoesCrew

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 09:15:23 pm »
these Asus .exe-jobs are now uninstalled and gone for good.

all possible tests of integrity of windows installation, harddisk and ram show no problem.

another testflight out of KDFW, this time no problem for about 30 minutes with process explorer showing 2,2 to 2,6 GB workload for fsx.exe. (plus 0,3 GB for REX-WX). CPU works 30%, GPU about 25%.

all of a sudden process explorer shows, that "dxdiag.exe" is activated and running, the same moment FSX crashes mit Appcrash ntdll.dll.

i have no clue, why dxdiag.exe activated automatically.

then i ran dxdiag.exe manually and it showed no problems at all on my system, the newest DX11 installed. sfc /scannow shows no windows corrupted files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 02:39:16 am »
all of a sudden process explorer shows, that "dxdiag.exe" is activated and running, the same moment FSX crashes mit Appcrash ntdll.dll.

That's likely a problem with graphic settings. DirectX diagnostic started because it found a problem in graphic, but not serious enough to cause a blue screen.

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

JoesCrew

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 07:18:32 pm »
Problem solved!

After creating a new original fsx.cfg all flights were stable until i activated MyTrafficX again, then CTD.

My problem is actually reported here:
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/75131-54c-ctd-problem-a-solution/

Umberto, again thank You very much for your excellent support. As I started out, I really like all your airports and highly recommend them to everybody as the best out there.

See you at 39.000 feet!