Author Topic: Micro Pauses on Approach + Disappearing Trees  (Read 5567 times)

sax702

Micro Pauses on Approach + Disappearing Trees
« on: October 22, 2013, 12:07:53 am »
Two minor observable problems: 

1. Experiencing very short but noticeable pauses on approach to LSZH.  This from any direction.  This has been happening for a while, but I wonder if anybody has any ideas how to resolve.  I do not have the problem at other FSDT airports. 

2. Trees along the runway 14 and 16 disappear when taxing between 16 and 14 and looking towards the end of 16 and 14, but if I look towards the trees, they reappear.  The last item I installed was ORBX FTG.  Would this be the reason? 

I've read the forums, understand the legacy code in this airport, so I'm not expecting the same performance as I get with KJFK v2 or KLAX. 

Regards

Dave Vega

socili

Re: Micro Pauses on Approach + Disappearing Trees
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 03:33:52 pm »
I got 3 big pauses during approach to RWY 28. Will test the other runways if there is the same problem.

Update: ILS34 and 2 pauses again.

FSX/Switzerland pro/AXE/ASN/FS fiber accelerator
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:07:06 am by socili »

socili

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 08:06:12 am »
same pauses und RWY34. All flights are done at night. i will try a day light approach and an extra to Geneva to see if there is any difference.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 11:26:39 am »
socili , you are posting on a thread from 2013, which was about a very different problem, namely "micropauses", you instead are reporting larger pauses.

As discussed many times already on the forum, there's an Addon Manager settings, the "Anti pop-up" slider, that allows you to choose between saving memory and fps, or getting less pauses. If you set it higher than default ( which is 1 ), objects will be loaded earlier, so you'll get only one pause when the whole scenery loads, and probably a smoother flight afterwards, and the cost of increased memory usage and possibly fps loss. Your choice.

socili

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 08:05:25 am »
I will take the one-pause-pop-up option  :) THX