Author Topic: Afcad question..?  (Read 20865 times)

arnold1628

Afcad question..?
« on: October 17, 2013, 10:07:24 pm »
Hey guys just wondering if the Hawaiian airports can be modified with normal afcad program vs having to use ADe like with the Honolulu airport?
If someone can let me know that'd be great. I'm contemplating purchasing both vol 1 & 2 but want to see how trials work with a good afcad as the ones that come with have wrong codes and too small of radius's to really see AI movement.

Thanks so much in advance ;)

Troy

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
Re: Afcad question..?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 10:20:34 pm »
You can change the AFCAD with ADE and also with AFX, even in the trial version.
Just check AF_XXXX.BGL file in scenery folder of each Hawaiian airport.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:44:03 pm by simbio »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 09:07:35 am »
Hey guys just wondering if the Hawaiian airports can be modified with normal afcad program vs having to use ADe like with the Honolulu airport?

I'm not sure of the question: what do you mean with a "normal afcad program" vs ADE ? ADE is surely a normal AFCAD program, and it's also free so, there's nothing strange or unusual to it.

If you are referring to the old AFCAD utility by Lee Swordy, it's best not to use it at all for any FSX scenery, because it doesn't support all AFCAD features introduced with FSX, with the most important one being exclusion zones embedded in the AFCAD itself so it will likely cause issues with any native FSX AFCAD, not just PHNL.

arnold1628

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 09:26:30 am »
Hello there.  Yes I am referring to the Lee Swordy AFCAD program.  And also too, Im not sure where the confusion came about FSX version of the Hawaiian airports or any for that matter as I am actually just a FS9 user.  Sorry if I made it sound like I was referring to FSX though.  But yeah I was just wondering if the Hawaiian Airports included exclude data that the Lee Swordy AFCAD would mess up at all.  I use ADE and L.S. Afcad programs jointly depending on what I am working on.  But since I don't have the Hawaiian airports VOL 1 & 2, but do have PHNL, I was just trying to figure out if I could modify the afcads of the Vol 1 & 2 airports with the L.S. Afcad program to save time.  Ugh, sorry that was way too long winded...

Anyways, I'll stick to ADE for these Vol 1 & 2 airports as well to modify and try out how the trial versions look to see if I should purchase.

Thanks for all feedback :)