Author Topic: Can't bring up GSX  (Read 29259 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't bring up GSX
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 10:51:10 am »
Went flying tonight at JFK, no airport and no Couati again.   ?????

You haven't said what you did with your Keypammings.ini file. If it was really corrupted like you said it was ( you said it "looked like Chinese" ) you must REMOVE IT before reinstalling GSX. If that file is corrupted it will likely crash Couatl on start.

jetsmell

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 02:29:49 pm »
The KeyMapping.ini reads as follows : [global]   you control= Ctrl + F12
                                                   [GSX]     shortcut = Shift +Ctrl + F12
                                                   [Park Me]parking control = Ctrl + Shift +P
 Couati.ini > logfile = ""
 In My Files, it seems that I have everything . I see GSX, Couati JFK and CYVR that I paid for.
At this time in FSX the Add On Manager is there but not Couati in the drop down. In FSX there are no terminals in JFK and CYVR right from the start.
I think there is a set up in My Computer that is causing this problem. I now have Windows 8.1 The FSX and the add ons are all on my ( C ) Drive in Program (X86 ) In Properties of everything related , it's set to Windows 7.My UAC slider is all the way down.
 This set up came about as a result of me enrolling in a Virtual Flying Club. I couldn't download FS Inn and FS Copilot. The founder and developer of the club along with the co-founder who worked for IBM took over my computer and made the adjustments to where I am right now.
 Do I completely un-install everything , then re-install ? I noticed when I  installed the second time everything Dreamteam after I did a system recovery, I was not asked for a key to register. Did that make a difference ?
If you don't want me to do a re-install at this time, what's the next move ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 02:59:05 pm »
At this time in FSX the Add On Manager is there but not Couati in the drop down. In FSX there are no terminals in JFK and CYVR right from the start.

Have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl module when you reinstalled GSX after following the previous uninstall/reinstall procedure I've indicated in one of my previous message ?

If no, you might have skipped this step:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

If not sure, do it again (the whole procedure, don't skip any step), and pay attention if you are asked permission to run the Couatl module the first time you start FSX after you uninistall/reinstall.

If you are SURE (really sure) you DID this step:

Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

But you haven't been asked permission to run Couatl.exe (but you HAVE been asked permission to run the Addon Manager), then you still have something like antivirus or similar blocking it.

jetsmell

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2013, 06:57:16 am »
I turned my firewall and virus off. Turned the UAC up. Re-installed GSX/Couati , opened FSX in the dropdown Add on Manager was there , no Couati. Went to the Manager, clicked on GSX, it wanted my serial ( this is the first time since I started posting ). I gave My Serial # it said it may take 15 minutes, then it said it was the wrong serial #. I sent an e-mail in to retrieve my serial no. , but I'm pretty sure I gave the right one. So waiting for that. Still no jfk or cyvr terminals.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2013, 02:48:32 pm »
I turned my firewall and virus off. Turned the UAC up. Re-installed GSX/Couati , opened FSX in the dropdown Add on Manager was there , no Couati.

As I've asked in my previous message:

Have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl module when you reinstalled GSX after following the previous uninstall/reinstall procedure I've indicated in one of my previous message ?

If no, you might have skipped this step:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

If not sure, do it again (the whole procedure, don't skip any step), and pay attention if you are asked permission to run the Couatl module the first time you start FSX after you uninistall/reinstall.

So, please, reply to my question:

- Have you been ASKED permission to run the Addon Manager after the whole uninstall/reinstall ? Yes or no ?

- Have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl modul after the whole uninstall/reinstall ? Yes or no ?

I gave My Serial # it said it may take 15 minutes, then it said it was the wrong serial #

That means you typed it wrong.

I sent an e-mail in to retrieve my serial no. , but I'm pretty sure I gave the right one.

No, you haven't. If it says it's wrong and wait 15 minutes, IT IS wrong, no question about it. Be sure you don't confuse the number "0" with the letter "O" and vice-versa. Don't insert extra characters. Be careful with copy & paste, because you might end up adding invisible characters that are making the Serial wrong, even if it "looks right". Type it, and type it precisely.

Still no jfk or cyvr terminals.

That's normal. As I've said many times already, unless BOTH the Addon Manger AND Couatl are running, you won't see any scenery. This regardless of the fact you inserted the Serial right or wrong. It's entirely irrelevant. If the scenery is not Active because you inserted the Serial wrong, it won't disappear, it will work in Trial mode for 5 minutes at time.

Your problem is NOT the activation, and doesn't have anything to do with it. Your problem is ONLY that something in your system is blocking Couatl from starting.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:27:13 pm by virtuali »

jetsmell

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2013, 04:06:03 pm »
Firewall > off
AVG > off
Downloaded GSX and Add On Manager after complete un-install.
Opened FSX > asked for permission from 2 pop up's on right of screen, 2 smaller pop ups in middle of screen. First pop up was from your company, second was from either GSX or Couati.
Pop up > Add On Manager is out of date > Went to your web Page automatically , downloaded Manager. > Permission to install > yes
Area Code 5 > aborted that.
Went to window mode > Drop down > Add On Manager was there, NO Couati.
Opened Manager > said GSX was active > No option for serial number to be entered.
   While waitng for you responce on this , I've been trying to make my two airports work, so far no luck. The manager is not giving me an option for entering my serial number.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013, 05:26:52 pm »
second was from either GSX or Couati.

It can't be "either" GSX or Coautl. It must be TWO pop ups, one for EACH ONE.

I'll ask it again:

- Have you been ASKED permission to run the Addon Manager after the whole uninstall/reinstall ? Yes or no ?

- Have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl modul after the whole uninstall/reinstall ? Yes or no ?

Pop up > Add On Manager is out of date

That pop-up doesn't say just that.

It says there was an error, and you might need to update the Addon Manager but it also said that you should check WHAT error you got in your Couatl.ERR file, pointing to a folder in your system where you can find the Couatl.ERR file.

Please, post the content of your Couatl.ERR file.

Area Code 5 > aborted that.

The error 5 means that you ran the installer when FSX was still running or you ran it too quickly after it was still closing, not giving it enough time to close all files.

Restarting Windows will fix this.

Do the WHOLE procedure of Uninstall/Reinstall, don't skip ANY step, and pay attention if you ARE being asked permission to run BOTH modules.

Opened Manager > said GSX was active > No option for serial number to be entered.

Why are you continue to be fixated with the Serial Number and activation, when I've CLEARLY said your problem doesn't have ANYTHING to do with it ?

Your problem is NOT the activation. Your problem is ONLY that something in your system is blocking Couatl from starting. Just stop being concerned with activation and Serial Number, your activation is fine and if it wasn't (as I've said already), the scenery won't disappear, it will work in Trial mode for 5 minutes at time.

Your problem is that Couatl hasn't started.

Again, please post your Couatl.err file, the message pop-up said you should check it for a reason. That might explain why the program isn't running.

jetsmell

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2013, 01:44:38 pm »
Downloaded GSX
Turned off firewall / AVG
Checked properties > Windows 7
Permissions > System
* ( POP UP ) Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer ? ( GSX_FSX_setup ) > YES
GSX installed
Opened FSX
* Do you want to install this software Couati Scripting Engine for FSX ? > RUN
*Would you like to designate this module ...\Couati.exe as trusted software ?  YES
*Do you want to run this software Addon Manager for FSX ?  RUN
*Would you like to designate ...\bglmanx.dll as trusted software ? YES
Started FSX > Cessna 172 ( default ) chosen > OK
Clicked change current location
*The addon CYVR is outdated > OK
*The addon GSX is outdated > OK
* FSDT Web page appears  > Addon Manager ( FSX Version )  >  clicked
*Opening setup > Addon ManagerX .exe  > SAVE FILE
Went to tools >  Downloads >  Opened containing folder
Checked Properties > Compatability > Windows 7  > Security > System > OK
*Do you want to allow the following program ....\Setup _ AddonmanagerX  > YES
* Addon Manager 2.9.0.8  > NEXT
Install
Error   FSX\FSDreamteam\Couati\Alut.dll   Code 5  > Retried twice  > Aborted  > Rollback
Opened FSX > Airport > KJFK
Window mode > Addons >  Addon Manager , no Couati   GSX showed Product > ACTIVE

jetsmell

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2013, 02:01:01 pm »
After the above I checked my files and this is what it shows :
FSDreamteam
Couati
Common
ephem
meter
res
GSX
airports
assistance services
parking services
res
Sounds
baggage_loader
catering
push back
WX
lib

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2013, 05:44:47 pm »
Error   FSX\FSDreamteam\Couati\Alut.dll   Code 5  > Retried twice  > Aborted  > Rollback

Why you keep doing things differently than I've asked and/or not reading my emails entirely ?

In my previous reply, I've clearly indicated both the reason of this error:

The error 5 means that you ran the installer when FSX was still running or you ran it too quickly after it was still closing, not giving it enough time to close all files.

AND the way to fix it:

Restarting Windows will fix this.

*The addon CYVR is outdated > OK

Since the message said that CYVR is outdated, why you don't download the current CYVR installer, like the message is suggesting ?

*The addon GSX is outdated > OK

This is a DIFFERENT message, and is saying there's a major update that requires to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. See above reply about the error 5 and what your mistake was (you ran the installer with FSX still running)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:48:54 pm by virtuali »

jetsmell

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2013, 03:14:27 pm »
I'm having major issues now for some reason. No sound, You Tube Video not working and FSX won't start. So it looks like I'm going to have my hands full for now.

jetsmell

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2013, 12:40:48 pm »
"As I've said to you, several times already by now, if you are keep having the SAME problem, keep posting in the SAME thread. Opening new identical threads won't improve your chance to get replied to. In fact, it will obtain exactly the opposite effect: if we DELAY response time, because of the increase of workload you cause by posting twice, which demands replying twice (if only to say you shouldn't post twice) in order not to leave unanswered posts.

So, as I've already said to you, several times by now, continue posting in the SAME thread you opened earlier on. This one is now locked."

It works now, thanks to cmpbllsjc. Where were you when I needed you. If "Virtu..." would have told me this a long time ago then his time and my time wouldn't have been wasted, instead of complaining all the time, thanks again cmpbllsjc, you're the best!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:46:53 pm by jetsmell »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2013, 04:37:29 pm »
It works now, thanks to cmpbllsjc. Where were you when I needed you.

If you are referring to the now locked message, the reply cmpbllsjc gave you about having to check your Key mappings menu under the Couatl menu, this was of course the first thing I've told you to check, in my FIRST reply to this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9277.msg73912.html#msg73912

You can check this in the "Key assignment" menu under the Couatl menu.

If "Virtu..." would have told me this a long time ago then his time and my time wouldn't have been wasted, instead of complaining all the time, thanks again cmpbllsjc, you're the best!

You got it backwards: it's YOU that wasted everybody's time, in a 3 pages long thread, because you didn't notice that my correct advice was already on my FIRST reply!

jetsmell

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2013, 07:22:20 pm »
I had no idea I could change the keys until the other poster explained it in a simple, easy way. Your attitude is your weakness even though you may know a lot about the product, you're going to have to understand where people like me are coming from. If it wasn't for people like me, you would have no customers, as a result , no money. If you think that can't happen, think again. Bad news travels fast.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 09:17:08 pm »
I had no idea I could change the keys until the other poster explained it in a simple, easy way

Wrong, again. This is what YOU wrote in another message AFTER I told you to check your key assignments:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9277.msg73930.html#msg73930

In the drop down, I went to control settings and got;

You control>Control + F12
GSX > Shift + Control + F12
Park Me > Control + Shift + P ( discontinued )

Which clearly shows you already opened that very same menu you are now referring with "I had no idea I could change the keys until the other poster explained it in a simple, easy way"

Can't you just accept the fact that you might have done some kind of error, instead of complaining about the supposed lack of a proper explanation, which was of course already there in my first reply ?