Author Topic: Can't bring up GSX  (Read 29260 times)

jetsmell

Re: Can't bring up GSX
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 01:58:17 pm »
So where do I go , or what should I try to start the GSX ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 02:20:43 pm »
So where do I go , or what should I try to start the GSX ?

As I've said, please, post your Keymapping.ini file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, to check if you have any key conflicts. You already posted your Couatladdons.ini in one of your previous messages, this one it's on the same folder.

jetsmell

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 04:15:32 pm »
I found the Keymapping.ini , but can't open it with the several options that I used. Any suggestions ?  It all looked like Chinese.

Hnla

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 04:55:55 pm »
Open it with Textedit.

Right click, select "Open With", and select textedit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 05:37:47 pm »
It all looked like Chinese.

That's interesting. It might indicate the file is corrupted (unless your Windows language is *really* Chinese). Just remove it and re-install GSX.

jetsmell

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 05:04:54 am »
I've tried all day to find Keymapping .ini , and so far haven't been able to find it. I'll try again when I wake up. Any helpful ideas would be appreciated.

jetsmell

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 06:30:55 am »
Interesting flight tonight. I started up FSX at KJFK, got a few pop ups like; The Add On Manager and Couati are both not up to date. Got a web Page to update the Manager and it failed. So I took off from a perfectly normal KJFK , flew to La Guardia then came back to once was Kennedy Airport, like it was a demo. I didn't mess with the files today, just looked at them trying to find the Keymappings.ini. It doesn't look like I will find the cause. Should I just go ahead and re-install ?

jetsmell

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 07:03:14 am »
A follow up on tonight. The pop ups that read; The addon on JFK is out of date.Please download and install the latest stand alone Add On Manager.
The other two pop ups where the same, one for GSX and the other for CYVR. When I tried to download the updated Add On Manager I got  This ; An error ocured while trying to replace the Down Load Manager CODE 5.
Once inside FSX I clicked on The Add On Manager. In there I clicked on GSX It said ; Active. When I clicked on both CYVR and JFK both said Installed and Active.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 10:08:58 am »
When I tried to download the updated Add On Manager I got  This ; An error ocured while trying to replace the Down Load Manager CODE 5.

That error indicates you tried to run the installer when FSX was still running.

- Restart Windows

- Download and install the current GSX FULL installer and install that one.

- If you get messages about sceneries outdated, download and install their installer too.

jetsmell

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 03:11:58 pm »
In FSX there was no couati in drop down. I completly un-installed and re-installed GSX and the Addon Manager.The keys still don't respond. There's still no Couati and my paid versions of jfk and cyvr don't even show the terminals at start up. I am getting really frustrated over al;l this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 05:59:46 pm »
In FSX there was no couati in drop down

This is what you said in one of your initial messages:

While in FSX, I have the Couati and Add on Manager

So, you have it then, but it disappeared now ? The most likely cause is your antivirus blocking it.

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under th

jetsmell

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 07:43:58 pm »
I performed each step as you suggested. The add on manager is in the drop down , but not the couati. I still got those pop ups that say ; CYVR,JFK,etc. are out dated. When downloading GSX I was not asked to enter my key. Still no CYVR, JFK airports that I payed for.

jetsmell

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2013, 11:10:06 pm »
I went into the files and Couati and GSX are still there. I went into Couati and gave administration rights. Started FSX and Couati is now on the drop down again .The keys still don't work.

jetsmell

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 07:21:11 am »
Went flying tonight at JFK, no airport and no Couati again.   ?????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 10:50:08 am »
CYVR,JFK,etc. are out dated.

As I've said in my previous message, if you get messages about sceneries outdated, download and install their installer too.

When downloading GSX I was not asked to enter my key.

Since the installer is a Trial version, it doesn't obviously ask for a Serial Number, how you were supposed to test it, if you haven't purchased it yet ? The Serial Number is registered using the "Register Serial" function of the Addon Manager. If you registered it already, there's no need to do it again, if you haven't changed your hardware or reinstalled Windows. Of course, the program WILL tell you, if you need to register it again.

Still no CYVR, JFK airports that I payed for.

If you get outdated message and you keep ignoring them, they won't show.