Author Topic: Work in Progress / 02  (Read 72120 times)

cowings1588

Re: Work in Progress / 02
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2014, 03:17:09 am »
We won't talk about Blueprint.

Who?   ;D

Unfortunately, they continue to hold the market share on airports like Memphis or Dallas Love, nobody else will do them for various reasons.

True nothing is completely wrong with them if your wanting scenery & not an airport you don't travel too often & don't mind not having non of the jet ways meet your aircraft, then they make pretty good scenery that's not hard on your computers. However when IAH or places are most visited places & would like to have the Jet-ways available is the reason I'm glad FSDT is doing IAH & IAH is finally getting the treatment it deserves & finally will have jet-ways to meet my aircraft except on Terminal B where certain gates will have portable air stairs with covers over them that will meet the ERJ's but on the gates with Jet-ways they will have Jet-ways that will finally meet the aircraft & will have the monorail running & IAH will seem more life like.. halleluiah  !!   

Also don't forget FSDT the one C gate is tricky there is no gate C-38 instead its C-39.. 
COA
Bill

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2014, 10:57:23 pm »
We won't talk about Blueprint.

Who?   ;D

Unfortunately, they continue to hold the market share on airports like Memphis or Dallas Love, nobody else will do them for various reasons.

OMG!  I would LOVE to see them do Love Field.  Southwest HQ and now expanding operations due to the expiration of the Wright Amendment, now allowing SWA to fly to many nationwide non-stop cities from DAL.  Plus a historic airport (JFK's last arrival before his untimely death, etc).  But I'm partial and I know that move would piss off a lot of folks who are unhappy with them having both DFW & IAH already in TX.

My second choice (and a good one for a hub) would be EWR - also untouched by Microsoft and I think that's a big mistake.  I know everyone is worried about frame rates and that may be a legitimate concern...time will tell.

Other good choices would be HOU, MEM, ANC, or CLT.  :)

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 07:23:11 pm »
I know this question may get some grief, but is there any update to the progress of IAH?? U guys are usually pretty quick with updates once past the early phases of design. Considering there have only been 2 WIP posts since July of last year, has me concerned with the well being of FSDT. I hope everything is ok internally with the group. I would hate to see such a good group struggle.

dubliner

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 12:19:05 am »
I know this question may get some grief, but is there any update to the progress of IAH?? U guys are usually pretty quick with updates once past the early phases of design. Considering there have only been 2 WIP posts since July of last year, has me concerned with the well being of FSDT. I hope everything is ok internally with the group. I would hate to see such a good group struggle.

Well, on the CYVR project they went about 6 months between showing the ground textures and showing the terminal renderings, so if that's any indication, we could be looking at another 2 months or so before we see any update on IAH. Maybe more, considering the complexity of the building shapes as Mr. Flightbeam (I think) once commented on. I'm sure they are hard at work with the modeling.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 07:58:18 am »

If you've followed Umberto and his team for any length of time and read Umbertos posts when asked this question, his standard reply is that they will only show screen shots when they have something of substance to show. In this case, I would imagine that doing all the complex models and textures is more time consuming than doing the ground work.

has me concerned with the well being of FSDT. I hope everything is ok internally with the group. I would hate to see such a good group struggle.

There's nothing wrong with the group or anything to be worried about. They are working on KIAH, the "surprise" airport, updates to GSX and maybe even updates on older airports. A lot on the table for sure, so no need to be worried.

If you go back and look at the Backdoor section of older airports, you will notice that it takes about 9 months or so, give or take a few weeks, from the time the first shot is release until completion. If this holds true for KIAH, it should be ready somewhere around April. Once they get closer and have more to show the screen shots will start flowing.

captain420

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2014, 04:17:51 am »
Extremely excited for this release of KIAH. I am making advanced preparations to get the overall area ready, meaning I have Megascenertearth v2 in place and with their latest release of megascenery ultra-res Houston, all I'm missing is FSDT KIAH! I cannot wait to do local flights from KDFW and KIAH, and so forth! I am most certainly ready to make this purchase when it comes out.

I hope it will be optimized and support all the new technology and features of P3D v2.x, since I no longer will be using FSX. I have decided that its time to move on.

cowings1588

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2014, 03:29:56 am »
I'm with you on Patiently but eagerly awaiting IAH too with Mega scenery earth Southeast Texas & all I need is FSDT IAH but in the mean time I'm using the boring but atleast do able IAH from BluePrint in the mean time so I atleast have a IAH to fly in & out of until FSDT finishes they're, but then once released I will just replace Blueprint's with FSDT's version..  Can hardly wait for that because I'll finally have active Jetways which I don't have with Blueprints & I'll get to see the monorail running above my gates just like in real life..  It will sure be a wonderful thing once it does come out to have an actively working IAH scenery  !!   :)  I'm looking forward to see how the New Terminal B will turn out too because really its still not complete at the real IAH, last I seen of it they were still working on finishing the rest of the South Portion. So hopefully even though that may cause a small delay in releasing FSDT because I would like FSDT to do it right & wait for them to completely finish the rest of South Terminal B so atleast that's all finished before they release it to us. Then when the real IAH does the north Side of Terminal B FSDT will just have to do 1 update for that when they complete the North Side of Terminal B.. I think the real IAH Terminal B is almost complete but last I seen of it, still lack the one side being officially complete..   Also Once I get another new PC to replace one of my older PC's I have, I probably will begin starting To modify & upgrade myself to the newer Sim out there that everyone else is going too & I'll kind of run both for awhile I slowly migrate to the newer one P3D v.2..
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:15:07 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

aceridgey

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2014, 03:17:43 pm »
Not too mention, they are working on Surprise scenery they said on there FB page.. So no need in worrying.. There doing just fine..

Boy oh boy cowings, I really hope English is not your native tongue! :D

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2014, 11:04:40 pm »
Maybe your use of There instead of They're?   ;) ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2014, 09:54:51 pm »

:D
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2014, 10:43:37 pm »
 ;D LOL funny
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

shipdriver

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2014, 01:55:26 am »
Or your use of They're instead of Their?   ;) ;D

N76055

• AirTeamImages
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2014, 04:54:22 pm »

Wat.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2014, 12:46:32 am »

You need to brush up on your English as well.   ;D

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They're
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

wb2002

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2014, 06:29:53 am »
Maybe your use of There instead of They're?   ;) ;D
Or your use of They're instead of Their?   ;) ;D

You need to brush up on your English as well.   ;D

I think the "natives are getting a little restless" now.

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting KIAH and I am too old and bold enough not to express my anticipation for this scenery. Presently I am using the default rather than the commercial one. It was not only that the jetways did not move but other things like the lights hanging in mid-air and, the red strobes all blinking at the same time.  :(

Any word from FSDT would be greatly appreciated . . . . . . .

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:32:54 am by wb2002 »
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU