Author Topic: Work in Progress / 02  (Read 72136 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Work in Progress / 02
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 03:46:55 am »
My guess is that they are working on KLAS v.2  ;) and then they will have focus on KIAH.

Umberto just said today:

It's not being worked on at this time (we are very busy finishing KIAH and another very large unannounced airport), but it is strongly considered for the next scenery being revamped, like we did for JFK.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,5373.msg76925.html#msg76925

Judging from past scenery releases that take around 9 months or so, I figure KIAH will be ready around April, that would be about 9 months since the first KIAH pic was posted and KIAH Backdoor opened.

I had no idea that FSDT was working on another unannounced airport, but judging from this post at AirdalyX http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-orleans-gets-major-upgrade.html , I am wondering if they are doing KMSY? I am not really interested in KMSY, but would buy it as another destination that is close to KIAH and KDFW.

I am hoping that its KATL as I dont really care much for the Imaginesim version.

Hnla

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 05:43:17 am »
I had no idea that FSDT was working on another unannounced airport, but judging from this post at AirdalyX http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-orleans-gets-major-upgrade.html , I am wondering if they are doing KMSY? I am not really interested in KMSY, but would buy it as another destination that is close to KIAH and KDFW.

If you read the comments, Blueprint Simulations is doing KMSY.

Frankly, I don't have the slightest idea what the unannounced airport is, but it's probably a major U.S hub, I know that.

It could be KATL, I know FSdreamteam has hinted about KATL before...  :-X

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 03:25:40 am »

Frankly, I don't have the slightest idea what the unannounced airport is, but it's probably a major U.S hub, I know that.

I like to see SLC or MSP receive FSDT quality before ATL....... ;)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2014, 04:23:32 am »

and I would love to see KMEM be done by FSDT next.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2014, 07:09:15 am »
I actually wouldn't be surprised if its ATL since they have mentioned it before and its a large hub. Although it would really be a shocker if they did KSEA since all developers seem to stay as far away from doing that airport as possible. I remember not long ago either George or Martin at FlyTampa gave it some serious thought but then declined on doing it stating performance problems. Personally I dont find KSEA to be bad on performance when just using GEX or FTXG in the area, but once you pile in the ORBX PNW and try to add a 3rd party KSEA to the mix, performance can quickly become a concern.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014, 06:34:11 pm »
I actually wouldn't be surprised if its ATL since they have mentioned it before and its a large hub. Although it would really be a shocker if they did KSEA since all developers seem to stay as far away from doing that airport as possible. I remember not long ago either George or Martin at FlyTampa gave it some serious thought but then declined on doing it stating performance problems. Personally I dont find KSEA to be bad on performance when just using GEX or FTXG in the area, but once you pile in the ORBX PNW and try to add a 3rd party KSEA to the mix, performance can quickly become a concern.

I'm 100% sure that FSDT can handle KSEA if they want to.
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Hnla

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2014, 06:59:33 pm »
FSDT would never do KSEA, it's way to close to CYVR. And FSDT wouldn't want to get into the OOM muck again.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2014, 10:14:53 pm »
FSDT would never do KSEA, it's way to close to CYVR. And FSDT wouldn't want to get into the OOM muck again.

Let's wait and see bro... I think they will one day...
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Dominato83

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2014, 10:31:32 pm »

and I would love to see KMEM be done by FSDT next.
Don't worry, Shez has something for you FedEx boys  ;)

cowings1588

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2014, 05:18:54 am »
Truthfully would like to see someone do KPDX Airport scenery, haven't had a good PDX since FS9 days when I believe it was either Simflyers or Cloud9 I don't remember..  But its been a long while since there has been a good PDX scenery.. Wouldn't mind seeing someone do that one.
COA
Bill

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2014, 07:10:01 am »
Truthfully would like to see someone do KPDX Airport scenery, haven't had a good PDX since FS9 days when I believe it was either Simflyers or Cloud9 I don't remember..  But its been a long while since there has been a good PDX scenery.. Wouldn't mind seeing someone do that one.

I agree the FlightZone KPDX package by Vauchez was one of the best scenery packages ever released for FS9. Even though at the time it wasn't an area I was really interested in, the quality of it made me a fan from the time I installed it. The only bad part for me was that I didn't have a rig that could run it very well at the time, but I still enjoyed it none the less. To bad he never converted it to FSX like he originally said he was going to do.

On top of that, when the ORBX PNW launched they said they were going to do KPDX and if I recall, Bill Womack even started doing KPDX then cancelled it. That was really the only reason I bought PNW was to have a good KPDX and surrounding area.

Perhaps in the future, after more popular US airports are done, maybe FSDT, Flightbeam or FlyTampa will consider doing KPDX.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2014, 03:34:07 pm »
Yeah the Flightzone KPDX was off the hook. I too wasn't interested in Portland until I had seen that scenery.   Someone mentied Simflyers. They used to make good scene rise too. Matter of fact. They made the last GOOD kiah. We won't talk about Blueprint. ;)
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2014, 04:22:55 pm »
We won't talk about Blueprint.

Who?   ;D

Unfortunately, they continue to hold the market share on airports like Memphis or Dallas Love, nobody else will do them for various reasons.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2014, 06:00:22 pm »
We won't talk about Blueprint.

Who?   ;D

Unfortunately, they continue to hold the market share on airports like Memphis or Dallas Love, nobody else will do them for various reasons.

Unfortunate is right.   :D
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

cowings1588

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2014, 03:06:22 am »
I don't mean to get everyone off track with our beloved IAH scenery forum, So I guess we should get back to Houston talk after all that's what this forum is all about is our beloved IAH.. However I just wanted to throw out there after IAH that's one of the Airports if not FSDT someone I hope will do KPDX.. I don't care who just hope someone will do a descent KPDX scenery for FSX cause has not had a good one since FS2004 days or whenever that was done.

Now back to IAH talk..  :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:27:36 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill