Author Topic: Cannot register serial  (Read 12668 times)

flo1981

Cannot register serial
« on: October 12, 2013, 11:19:46 pm »
Hello,

I just reinstall FSX, then Geneva scenery (not activate), then REX Extreme.
I tried to register my scenery with my serial, go in addon manager, click on register serial, but the addon manager close and nothing appear!

what can I do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot register serial
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 10:45:59 am »
then REX Extreme. I tried to register my scenery with my serial, go in addon manager, click on register serial, but the addon manager close and nothing appear! what can I do?

We got word from some users that REX Extreme has a bug and use the very questionable practice to always put itself in the foreground so, our registration dialog is being forced on the background so, it's there, but you don't see it.

If it's there, it should be possible to put it back in front, by using the standard Windows CTRL+TAB key combination. Otherwise, just turn off REX Extreme during the registration.

flo1981

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 08:42:07 pm »
now its ok!
thanks
 :)

uragano

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 04:41:46 pm »
Dear

I have tried,but  nothing done..... I am no sure I have switcched off REX in order to register the SN, so Can You drive me how can I do pls?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 06:24:42 pm »
I am no sure I have switcched off REX in order to register the SN, so Can You drive me how can I do pls?

I don't know how to switch off REX, but we got report from some users that is one of the products that might cause this problem. Do you let REX launch FSX ? If yes, don't. Run FSX normally.

uragano

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 05:03:02 pm »
No I did not, at the moment I have installed on P3D, and I louch it direct by the shortcut of P3D (1.4)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 06:24:58 pm »
Then you must have some other running program that is doing that. Do you have FSX installed too ? Try to activate in FSX.

uragano

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 08:12:01 pm »
Dear

no i do not, I have only P3D, it is very "out of range" because the other FSDT scenery was activated without any problems.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 10:05:43 pm »
no i do not, I have only P3D, it is very "out of range" because the other FSDT scenery was activated without any problems.

It's not possible that only one scenery would cause this problem, there's no different activation method depending on the product, the procedure is exactly the same and it's done in a single place by a single program.

Are you running (or have ran) the Migration tool ? That will interfere, because it will conceal P3D as FSX, and this will cause issues. If yes, disable it during the activation.

uragano

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 07:18:46 pm »
Yes i did, I have used the migration tool to install, what do You suggest?

unistall and reinstall without migration?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 09:50:15 pm »
unistall and reinstall without migration?

Of course. The migration tool should be used ONLY with installers that DO NOT recognize P3D. If you use it with those that do (all our installers), you will obtain the opposite effect, they will think it's FSX they are installing into, screwing up everything.

uragano

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 04:02:14 pm »
Ok, tonight I will try to remove it and reinstall without the  Migration tool and I will keep U informed ASAP

thx in advanced

uragano

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 09:11:08 pm »
No way...... the registration page does not coming..... Can I ask for refound?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 09:50:50 pm »
No way...... the registration page does not coming..... Can I ask for refound?

The problem is not caused by our software but, either another running software or some kind of unusual configuration you have. Do you run a Matrox TripleHeadToGo ? If yes, maybe the registration dialog has gone on another monitor.

You can't obviously ask for a refund for this reason but, if you still can't register, you if email support, we can send you a .REG file with your Serial that won't require typing the Serial Number.

uragano

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 10:01:29 pm »
Dear

I have many and many ADD and I have no problems yet, other FSDT scenery is working properly, for sure i want to use the airport, If will be possible to fix in another way it will be the best otherwise i will go ahead to take the money back.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:39:42 am by uragano »