Author Topic: can't get CYVR to work...  (Read 14723 times)

kaboki

can't get CYVR to work...
« on: October 10, 2013, 07:38:09 pm »
This is what I get when installing CYVR, see attachment...

Hnla

Re: can't get CYVR to work...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 11:25:07 pm »
This appears to be exhausted memory, however we can't go much further until we know a little more information:

-System specs (CPU, GPU, Operating system, RAM)
-Aircraft Used
-Addons used in the area (Vancouver+, Orbx)

Right now, you can try:

-Lowering settings
-Resetting your graphic card settings to default
-Don't use so many addons in one area
-DX10
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:28:39 pm by Hnla »

kaboki

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 12:06:46 am »
System used:
Intel Core i7-3770K 4.5 Ghz overclocked processor, 8gb RAM, Windows 7 64bit, Nvidia GTX 680 2GB

Aircraft used:
Tested with everything from default Cessna 172 up to PMDG 737NGX

Addons used: tested with default, and then Orbx PNW+ With and without Vancouver+

Tried lowering settings didn't work(turned everything down)
I have tested it with only default scenery also(so it's not too many addons active at once causing this)
I will not use DX10, it's broken and I refuse to go there(It's a preview for god sake) and when I bought the product it never said it was only compitable with DX10!! I expected it to work with DX9...

Pretty much done all your suggestions.

And please don't ask me to delete fsx.cfg and let fsx rebuild it, last time I did that I had to reinstall everything(I refuse to go down that road again). Even had a backup of the old one but putting it back didn't help...

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention I have also tried installing it on a vanilla FSX install(during a reinstall some months ago) with no tweaks and no other addons installed, same issue....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:35:35 am by kaboki »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 03:12:38 am »
And please don't ask me to delete fsx.cfg and let fsx rebuild it, last time I did that I had to reinstall everything(I refuse to go down that road again). Even had a backup of the old one but putting it back didn't help...

How did deleting your cfg require that your reinstall everything again?  I'm running everything under the sun, 90 or so addon airports, all PMDG products, AS2012, FSbuild, Exdoc, etc. and have rebuilt my cfg from scratch a few times after new driver installs and never had an issue or had to reinstall anything. All I had to do was re-trust a bunch of .dll's when the sim restarted and the new cfg was created.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 11:07:41 am »

You haven't even *heard* what are our suggestions are...your problem is very different and doesn't have anything to do with our suggestions about preventing OOMs ( lower settings, use DX10, etc. )

From your screenshot, there might be some kind of permissions issues with your user account, because the objects seems to be there (which means everything is running normally), but textures are missing, either because they haven't been created while installing, or because they can't be accessed when running.

First, be sure no errors happened during the installation. If not sure, try to run the installer again, and see if you see any error messages.

kaboki

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 11:41:05 am »

You haven't even *heard* what are our suggestions are...

wow, stop for a second, I ment the suggestions in the first answer in this thread. Im willing to try everything you guys suggest. Except deleting my fsx.cfg config.....
No need to get hostile, I am intrested to get this to work. I have had this airport since it came out but haven't bothered asking for help before now....

I have already reinstalled this airport 10 times if not more, even on a Vanilla FSX system and also on a different computer, no error messages.......same issue...

The weird thing is the day I bought it, it actually worked, but only for like 3 hours and all the sudden this happend and I have never could get it to work after that. This was on a different system before I upgraded.... I remember how impressed I was at the FPS considering how complex this aiport is and how dissapointed I was when this happend. It have kept me away from buying other airports from you. I have GSX and it has been working flawlessly and I like that product very much. If we can get this solved I promise I will buy your other airports too(if they will be ready for P3Dv2 that is:p).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:23:07 pm by kaboki »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 02:10:06 pm »
Im willing to try everything you guys suggest. Except deleting my fsx.cfg config....

I don't think your problem is related to that (we'll check that in a moment) but, regardless of this specific problem, it's plain and simple wrong to fear of resetting the FSX.CFG. You said you had to reinstall FSX because of this, and even a backup didn't help, as "proof" when, in fact, the thing that failing to restore you FSX after restoring the FSX.CFG backup proved, is the problem was NOT caused by the FSX.CFG reset (assuming the backup was made properly).

But even without a backup, it's impossible ending up in a situation where FSX wouldn't run anymore with a brand new FSX.CFG. Some add-ons might require reinstalling, yes (those that add lines to the Simobjects paths, like Traffic products, for example), but a brand new FSX.CFG, by itself, it's absolutely SAFE.

You probably had other issues at the same time, which you failed to identify and, you assumed the problem was caused by resetting the FSX.CFG, only because it happened at the same time, but that was just a coincidence, and you wouldn't solve any present or future issues if you drive your decision based on which is, sorry to say, superstition.

I have already reinstalled this airport 10 times if not more, even on a Vanilla FSX system and also on a different computer, no error messages.......same issue...

What's happening on the other computer ?

I have GSX and it has been working flawlessly and I like that product very much.

That at least seems to confirm that everything from the software part is working normally ( means, Addon Manager + Couatl are running )

Now, to fix this problem, we need to CHECK you FSX.CFG, at least, if you are worried about resetting it (which is 100% safe, and I can bet on it ). Open it with Notepad, and check all lines containing this command:

SimObjectPaths

Find all lines containing this command, and report them here.

kaboki

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 02:49:25 pm »
Im willing to try everything you guys suggest. Except deleting my fsx.cfg config....

I don't think your problem is related to that (we'll check that in a moment) but, regardless of this specific problem, it's plain and simple wrong to fear of resetting the FSX.CFG.

The reason I resseted my fsx.cfg at the time was because I used the bojote tool at the time and wasn't satisfied with the result. FSX worked but I got invisible AI because of the tweaks. I wanted to get it back to normal and I let FSX rebuild it..... after that rebuild FSX wouldn't start up. Are you suggesting Im lying?
I had a copy of the fsx.cfg from before I used the tool. putting it back didn't help.... So Yeah, I am afraid to do that again, because reinstalling FSX is my biggest nightmare.

On my "other computer" that I don't have anymore I got the same black ground textures, looked exactly the same as Im seing now....As i said, it worked fine the first 3 hours and all the suddenly the ground textures went black and never came back.....

I have attached my FSX.cfg...

I have every scenery ever released by Orbx, Aerosoft, ES, 29 palms, Pacific Island Simulation etc pretty much everything on the market, everything is running perfect.... Out of all these hundreds of addons this is the first one Im really struggling with, something tells me my system is working as it should....

If where to reset my config and it f... up my system, are you willing to travel up here and reinstall everything for me? Im not willing to risk a reinstall just for this little airport when every other addon I have is working good, If that's my option I can live without it...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:58:25 pm by kaboki »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 03:03:54 pm »
The reason I resseted my fsx.cfg at the time was because I used the bojote tool at the time and wasn't satisfied with the result. FSX worked but I got invisible AI because of the tweaks. I wanted to get it back to normal and I let FSX rebuild it..... after that rebuild FSX wouldn't start up. Are you suggesting Im lying?

No, I obviously haven't said you are a liar. You are just wrong. The rebuild, by itself, can't cause FSX to not start up, the problem was something else, but it's difficult to say without checking the situation.

As I've said, you might have installed other add-ons that need their own lines in the FSX.CFG to work so, after a rebuild, you should have reinstalled those add-ons too. Another possible cause could be a problem with the default startup situation, or the airplane. For example, if your default Ultralight had a problem that you never noticed because you don't use it, rebuilding the FSX.CFG (which defaults with the Ultralight loaded) would cause FSX not starting up, so you were mislead the problem was the FSX.CFG reset, when if fact the problem was the Ultralight, and of course this could be easily fixed by editing the FSX.CFG to load a different startup flight.

Just to give you some example of possible causes of FSX not starting up after the FSX.CFG rebuild, that one could be associated with the rebuild itself, but they aren't.

In any case, the transparent AIs problem would have been fixed by simply turning off the "Airplane Cast Shadows on Ground" option. The Bojote tool probably enabled it when you had it off originally, so you were mislead it was the Bojote tool that made your AI to disappear, when in fact the problem is that you were using AIs made for FS9 (that are also slower than native FSX models), and they disappear when used on an airport with custom runway lights/textures IF Airplanes shadows on ground are On.

I have attached my FSX.cfg...

There's nothing unusual in it, it's not much different that one you would get by resetting it...

Now, try the following:

- Since you have GSX, open the "GSX - Settings" menu, select the Troubleshooting section, and enable Logging.

- Exit from FSX

- Start FSX again, go to CYVR and let the black objects appear.

- Exit from FSX, and check the following files:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ERR

And post them both. You might not have a Couatl.ERR file, but at least the .LOG file should be there.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:10:13 pm by virtuali »

kaboki

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 04:11:26 pm »
Youre probably right about the fsx.cfg because I didn't know I had to reinstall the addons and I didn't and that probaly causd FSX looking for some entries that didn't exist in the new file, but if resseting fsx.cfg would mean reinstalling most of my my addons wouldn't that defeat the purpose, then I might aswell reinstall fsx and get a clean system...

I didn't have aircraft shadows on because I always load my saved settings file before flying and it was turned off...
I found the tweak that caused invisible AI, and it was the "small_object_reject_radius" tweak. I have tried putting it in manually later but doing so cause invisible AI(only happens with Orbx AI, though). I have played around with the tweaks for around 6 months and Im 100% sure of this...

Ill get back to you later when I have done the suggestions...I am a little busy at the moment so not sure when I get the time to do that...
Thanks for your time and explaining, appriciated:)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:23:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 05:27:52 pm »
if resseting fsx.cfg would mean reinstalling most of my my addons wouldn't that defeat the purpose, then I might aswell reinstall fsx and get a clean system...

Resetting the FSX.CFG doesn't NOT require to reinstall "most of your add-ons", only those that would crash if they don't find any of the missing lines they added when installing. Not that I'm sure there are any, perhaps an AI Traffic package, if it added its own path to the Simobjects paths lines.

I found the tweak that caused invisible AI, and it was the "small_object_reject_radius" tweak. I have tried putting it in manually later but doing so cause invisible AI(only happens with Orbx AI, though). I have played around with the tweaks for around 6 months and Im 100% sure of this...

That's also another tweak that might cause AI to disappear but, usually, only part of them (like gears, flaps, etc.) unless the whole model was compiled with the wrong radius...

kaboki

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 06:29:07 pm »
Hmmm, the forum doesn't let me post those files...
I get this error Message:
"Couatl.log. You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are doc,gif,jpg,pdf,png,txt,zip,dat,cfg,xml,bgl,pye,mdl,ini,bat,psd. "

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 12:26:07 am »
The only allowed extensions are doc,gif,jpg,pdf,png,txt,zip,dat,cfg,xml,bgl,pye,mdl,ini,bat,psd. "

zip is accepted, so just zip it...

kaboki

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 11:13:30 am »
here you go

kaboki

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 12:07:22 pm »
14 days since I sent the files,,,, what's up?