Author Topic: Missing Building and Terminals at LSGG and LSZH **SOLVED**  (Read 30836 times)

msharwood

Re: Missing Building and Terminals at LSGG and LSZH **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 11:58:56 pm »
No. I tried Innsbruck and its the same. My pull down Add-ons menu consists of Winch X, EZdok camera, Ultimate Traffic 2 and  Addon Manager.
No Couatl program.
M.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 01:07:56 am »
As explained many times already on the forum, when the Couatl menu is missing, the most common cause is the antivirus blocking it.

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

msharwood

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 08:42:53 pm »
There is no indication that coatl has crashed. I am not sure how that would look.

What I have done since the last post is (again!) reinstalled gsx, geneva and zurich with the Anti Virus (AVG) off. I have runs fsx a couple of times. Here is what I noticed.

GSX: doesn't still doesn't work

Geneva: air bridges OK PLUS default airport buildings the first time I ran FSX! However, these disappeared the second time around!

Zurich as before. No airport buildings. Only the airbridges and briefly for a second the airport buildings which appear and then disappear in half a second. (I suspect that these are the default airport buildings and not yours).

The pull down menu remains the same. No couatl. Just the Add-ons Manager where you can read that all three programs are both installed and active (which of course they aren't).

I did get AVG to list the bgl.dll and couatl exe files as exceptions..

What now I wonder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 09:18:21 pm »
Are you being ASKED permission to run Couatl, after you followed the procedure I've listed in my previous message TO THE LETTER ?

If you haven't been asked permission to run, there can be only two possible explanations:

1) You haven't followed the whole procedure to the letter, especially this step:

reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

Because this step will result in removing the setting that allows FSX to remember which modules you trusted so, if you replied Yes to this step, FSX MUST ask you to trust it again.

OR

2) Your antivirus is still blocking it.

If, instead, you HAVE been asked permission to run Couatl, and assuming you replied YES ( I hope you have ), than it's possible that it has started, but it crashes immediately when you were on an FSDT airport. In this case, check if you HAVE the menu when you start a Flight on a default airport.

msharwood

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 06:47:10 pm »
OK. Here's an update answering your questions and suggestions:

- YES, I am being asked permission to run Couatl,

- I have always replied YES to all requests when installing and uninstalling, including when FSX asks me to trust the couatl engine again

- I have uninstalled GSX and removed the Couatl script engine

I then turned the AVG ANTIVIRUS OFF (leaving the AVG Firewall ON) and then reinstalled GSX

-EXCEPTIONS: The following are indeed in my AVG exception list:

a) MyFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
b) My FSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

Here I should add that in both cases a) and b), the following two options are checked:

1. 'any content -file can change'
2. Resident shield.

- COMPATIBILITY

Virtuli is neither in the trusted nor the untrusted list

-TESTING

-I then turned on my AVG antivirus again and launched FSX (replying yes to everything)

- When FSX loaded I checked if I had have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

RESULT

I am afraid there has been no change. Still only the 'Add-on Manager' under the Addons menu. Zurich and Geneva are still both without their airport buildings. I am pretty sure I did everything you suggested.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 10:44:20 pm »
I am afraid there has been no change. Still only the 'Add-on Manager' under the Addons menu. Zurich and Geneva are still both without their airport buildings. I am pretty sure I did everything you suggested.

Try to understand if Couatl is there initially ( you said you *have* being asked permission to run it ), and it's maybe crashing immediately.

- Keep the Task Manager open on the "processes" page.

- Launch FSX and don't lose sight of the processes. Try to notice if couatl.exe starts, if only briefly

- Create a flight on a default airport.

msharwood

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 08:02:06 pm »
Well I did what you suggested. I didn't see any sign of Couatl appearing even briefly in the processes window and, to me at least, it looks as if Couatl is not working at all.

I am not asked if I want to run the program on FSX startup or anytime after that.. It only ever appears on installing and uninstalling your products. The application is sitting happily in its folder under Microsoft Flight Simulator X/fsdreamteam and bglmanx.dll is in the main FSX directory. And, as mentioned before, the antivirus treats them as exceptions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 08:13:00 pm »
I am not asked if I want to run the program on FSX startup or anytime after that.. It only ever appears on installing and uninstalling your products.

It's normal you are not being asked every time, because your trust preference is stored, but if you uninstall, and reply YES to the question "do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine", the next time you reinstall, you'll be asked again.

Try to remove the following folder, if you have it:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali

then try again.

msharwood

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 03:44:44 pm »
OK. I thought I had at least the beginnings of a solution. I noticed some people on the forum used Process Explorer, so this time I used this program rather than Task Manager. I then ran couatl.exe before FSX was started up, then started FSX and watched and indeed couatl stopped on startup reporting 'a scripting error'.

I waited until the startup process had completed and then loaded a flight with Zurich in it. I saw again that there were still no buildings but when I checked the pull down Addons menu I saw for the fist time in a long time the couatl engine. I then circled on the option to restart couatl and, low and behold, the airport buildings appeared for the first time. Good news. I then checked to see if GSX was working and it was except that was confused by some unfamiliar options to do with opening hangars and didn't know how to proceed with taxing etc..

I then read your new message, found and deleted C:/ProgramData/virtuali.

I restarted FSX without starting couatl.exe in advance to see if deleting that folder made any difference to the scripting error problem. No. No buildings. Even when I then ran couatl.exe. It didnt add anything to the Addons menu.
Bottom line. At the moment I need to start up couatl independently. Then once I am in FSX, to restart it from the addons menu. Can we fix that please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 12:43:16 am »
then started FSX and watched and indeed couatl stopped on startup reporting 'a scripting error'.

Then you should have a Couatl.err file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. Post its content please.

If you don't have it, let load the menu ( by starting Couatl manually, if this is what you have to do ) and be sure that Logging is enabled in the Troubleshoot section of the "GSX Settings" menu ( I assume you have GSX installed ), then exit and launch FSX again, then exit from FSX and then check for the Couatl.err file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.

msharwood

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 04:03:54 pm »
Here is the contents  of the err file as requested:

couatl v2.0 (build 2364)
panic log started on Wed Aug 13 14:12:04 2014

problem raised by engine or unspecified addonBglmanx disconnected prematurely
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:08:15 pm by virtuali »

msharwood

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 04:11:10 pm »
By the way, I see that if I run couatl.exe after starting FSX I can also access the couatl tab in the Addons menu and restart it.

To answer your other question, yes I have GSX installed but am completely confused by the new options on pressing Ctrl F12! Yesterday it had to do with Hangars and today it is about controlling sunshades at Zurich! Nothing about parking, deboarding etc. I suppose there must be a new manual out explaining this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 04:23:42 pm »
To answer your other question, yes I have GSX installed but am completely confused by the new options on pressing Ctrl F12! Yesterday it had to do with Hangars and today it is about controlling sunshades at Zurich! Nothing about parking, deboarding etc. I suppose there must be a new manual out explaining this

There's nothing "new" about those options, and they are all explained in the Zurich manual. In fact, those options have been there forever, way before GSX, and it's the YouControl menu, which is present on almost all our airports.

If you press CTRL+F12, on an airport that DOES have a YouControl menu, with GSX installed, you should see a choice between the YouControl options for that airport, or calling GSX.

If you press CTRL+F12, on an airport that DOES have a YouControl menu, with no GSX installed, you will see JUST the YouControl menu, which is seems is what you are seeing.

If you press CTRL+Shift+F12, on an airport that DOES have a YouControl menu, with GSX installed, you will go directly to the GSX menu in any case.

If you press CTRL+Shift+F12, with no GSX installed, nothing will happen, regardless if the airport has GSX installed or not.

So, from your description of the problem, it looks like that everything is running correct, EXCEPT GSX, which doesn't seem to be starting correctly.

Are you SURE you installed GSX using the CURRENT installer, and nothing else ? Have you manually added additional files to the GSX folder, files that do not belongs to it, even in a previous installation ? If yes, they won't be removed by the Uninstaller (which doesn't know anything about them), but they might cause malfunctions.

Try to Uninstall GSX, and before reinstalling it, remove the whole FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl folder, then reinstall it, using ONLY the CURRENT GSX full installer, and don't add anything else.

msharwood

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 04:32:44 pm »
OK thanks I'll try that!

msharwood

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »
I must apologise for the previous post. I see not all of err file got posted for some reason.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:02:57 pm by virtuali »