Author Topic: Missing Building and Terminals at LSGG and LSZH **SOLVED**  (Read 30832 times)

romair

Missing Building and Terminals at LSGG and LSZH **SOLVED**
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:31:55 am »
Dear Sirs

Since many month I have still no buildings and terminals at LSGG and LSZH

After I was instructed to re-install both FSDT sceneries without switched on Firewall and AV Software and I also downloaded several times both sceneries and AddonManager
I still can not get the whole FSDT Airports. On the satellite view I can see only black surfaces where the building objects should be appear.
I also can comfirm  that the couatl folder within the FSX fsdreamteam folder have 5 folders including LSGG and LSZH and 19 different files.

In the past months I tried again and again to download and install both sceneries but still no success. There is no other scenery within my 120 gb FSX makinf such kind of trouble.

I asked FSDT Support to help me several times and I asked to come to my local PC by using Skype and Teamviewer or another Online Support tool but no response from FSDT.

Gentlemens this is very frustrating if my home Airports are after more than 1 year not usable as expexted.

I realy hope that FSDT is providing a helpful solution. I wll be able to send screenshots and folder/files structure if I cant get a mail adress to my registered  mail at your Forum.

Thanks and regards Roger

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:43:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Building and Terminals at LSGG and LSZH
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 12:35:10 pm »
I asked FSDT Support to help me several times and I asked to come to my local PC by using Skype and Teamviewer or another Online Support tool but no response from FSDT.

I've searched the email and there are no messages coming from your address or by someone with your name. Be sure your email is working, send an email, and we will arrange a remote session when you are available.

romair

Re: Missing Building and Terminals at LSGG and LSZH
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 05:42:42 pm »
Dear Sirs,

Today I received a perfect online support. I am now very happy use again FSDT scenery addons.

I would like say many thanks to you.

with best regards  Roger

M333

Re: Missing Building and Terminals at LSGG and LSZH **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 11:15:44 am »
What was the solution? Can you confirm you have no missing buildings?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 12:50:08 pm »
What was the solution? Can you confirm you have no missing buildings?

Of course he can, it's not "normal" one would have missing buildings. Don't remember which was the problem for romair but, as usual, it wasn't related to the scenery or the installation.

M333

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 11:13:20 pm »
Well you might remember this thread were several users (including me) had the problem of missing buildings and it was only solved by an update of the couatl addon according to one user http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8711.0.html
It appears this has been definitely fixed now, let's hope the buildings won't appear in a next update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 01:49:08 pm »
Well you might remember this thread were several users (including me) had the problem of missing buildings and it was only solved by an update of the couatl addon according to one user

That thread doesn't have anything to do with this one. This one discussed ALL buildings and terminals missing from the scenery, which one entirely different issue to the thread you linked, which was specifically related to the *houses* near the airport missing, but the rest of the scenery fully working.

bailout3

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 05:31:30 am »
I also purchased KFLL & LSGG and FLL was missing the airbridges but LSGG was all there. Then next time I loaded FLL everything was fine. After a few weeks I went to LSGG and all the airport buildings are missing so I went to FLL and they are all missing as well. How do I get this straightened out. I know you probably want a purchase number but I'm not sure how to do this discretely since I'm a newbie. Any help would be appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 12:22:13 pm »
After a few weeks I went to LSGG and all the airport buildings are missing so I went to FLL and they are all missing as well. How do I get this straightened out.

The usual question: do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

bailout3

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 08:57:31 pm »
Yes I have both in the addon manager box. I thought I would give reinstall a try of both products plus the addon manager and the buildinga are all back. This is the third time I've reinstalled this since my purchase so there must be something in other software or something I haven't picked up on with this software that is kicking it back to a temporary program? In any case both sceneries are excellent and hopefully they won't disappear again.

msharwood

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 12:37:37 pm »
OK. I have the same old same old problem. Had it once before but ages ago

- Both Zurich and Geneva airports have only the air bridges, with or without Megascenery Switzerland installed.
- I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX570 card.
- I have encountered no problems with certificates.
- The relevant display sliders are set to very dense or extremely dense.
- The levels of the sceneries are in the right order.
- Not much else has been added to my default scenery so far.
- I have installed and reinstalled the Addon Manager, Zurich and Geneva and these all appear in my "Addons" pull-down menu in FSX but there is nothing called "Couatl powered products" there.Is that a problem?
- At one point I did briefly see one of the two airports with everything visible and only the default scenery (which suggested to me at the time that Megascenery was the source of the problem but that didn't last).
- I tried switching ant-aliasing on and off but that had no effect.

How was your problem *SOLVED*?

msharwood

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 12:46:20 pm »
I should add that on loading a flight starting at Geneva, as it is loading I think I see the airport buildings for a second and then they disappear, all except the air bridges. A possible clue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 10:15:31 pm »
Do you have both the Addon Manager and the "Coautl powered products" menus under FSX, even after the buildings have disappeared ?

msharwood

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 01:16:13 pm »
There is nothing called "Couatl powered products" visible in the addons pull down menu. Only the Addon manager which lists GSX, Zurich and Geneva as active.
I havent managed get a response to Ctrl F12 either to activate gsx, by the way.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 09:39:11 pm »
There is nothing called "Couatl powered products" visible in the addons pull down menu. Only the Addon manager which lists GSX, Zurich and Geneva as active. I havent managed get a response to Ctrl F12 either to activate gsx, by the way.

It's not strange you don't have any buildings, without both menus, nothing will work. Now, you must check whether the Couatl program crashes, or hasn't just started.

Start FSX, but NOT on an FSDT airport, and check if you have both menus there.