Author Topic: Couatl v2.0 (build 2354) / AddonManagerX 2.9.0.8 activation / (SOLVED)  (Read 13797 times)

Dubstar

Hi,

I recently installed FSX and am now trying to activate the ZurichX scenery I purchased back in the days however problems with Couatl v2.0 (build 2354) persist. Here's what I've done so far:

1.1) Download of current installer via: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/lszh_fsx,
1.2) Installation: Feedback that the activation software is outdated + redirect to http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html
1.3) I install the new software: VIRTUALI AddonManagerX 2.9.0.8
1.4) Starting FSX
1.5) PopUp: "The Couatl Scripting Engine ... unrecoverable error ...". Panic log as follows: Couatl v2.0 (build 2354) panic log started on Sun Oct 06 16:32:02 2013 problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised
1.6) AddOn Manager menu visible in FSX, it's possible to interact via ATC interface with Couatl (restart, redownload). But "The addon '1' is outdated. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager." message.
1.7) I find instructions on fixing the problem (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8617.msg70093#msg70093) and try to apply them:
1.8) I close my antivirus util Kaspersky 2013 from tray.
1.9) Uninstalling Zurich Scenery via Uninstaller: Runtime Error (at 125:2318): Error on line 0, position 0: Das angegebene Objekt konnte nicht gefunden werden.
1.10) (From what I can tell scenery uninstalls nevertheless.)

2.1) Reinstalling as per instructions - I close Kaspersky before I start installation exe. Installation is now fine!
2.2) Starting FSX, again same problems. couatl v2.0 (build 2354) panic log started on Sun Oct 06 16:52:38 2013 problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised. + "The addon '1' is outdated. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager."

I have no Lenovo Tools, Antivirus is closed and neither active not even open via tray, verified by ProcessExplorer. I'm not an ATI user and have no Catalyst Control Center or the likes running.

Please advise.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:10:41 pm by Dubstar »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
1.1) Download of current installer via: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/lszh_fsx,

Since this is the most current installer, there wasn't anything else to download

1.2) Installation: Feedback that the activation software is outdated + redirect to http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

Nowhere in our software there's a message the "activation software is outdated". The only "outdated" messages refers to the scenery but, of course, it's not possible you saw that, if you used the current version of the installer.

If you were redirected to the Addon Manager page, it wasn't because the software was outdated, but because it had any kind of error, it's the message that says to check the Couatl.err file for error details.

1.3) I install the new software: VIRTUALI AddonManagerX 2.9.0.8

No need to do that, but it won't do any harm doing it.

1.5) PopUp: "The Couatl Scripting Engine ... unrecoverable error ...". Panic log as follows: Couatl v2.0 (build 2354) panic log started on Sun Oct 06 16:32:02 2013 problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised

This was the same error message that you saw before that prompted you to update the Addon Manager. That message always suggest to update the Addon Manager first, just to be sure you have the latest version but, in THIS case, since the "addonExecutable integrity compromised" is ALWAYS caused by ANOTHER program that doesn't have anything to do with our software, updating the Addon Manager won't change anything.

1.6) AddOn Manager menu visible in FSX, it's possible to interact via ATC interface with Couatl (restart, redownload). But "The addon '1' is outdated. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager." message.

This is a consequence of previous error.

1.7) I find instructions on fixing the problem (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8617.msg70093#msg70093) and try to apply them
1.8) I close my antivirus util Kaspersky 2013 from tray.

Nothing in that thread has anything to do with your error message. The antivirus solution is ONLY when Couatl is not even STARTING. Your problem it's not that Couatl is not starting, your problem is that Couatl is running fine, and it's reporting that ANOTHER external program is attaching to it and try to change it in some way. If the problem was the antivirus, you wouldn't see ANY message: you wouldn't see anything.

1.9) Uninstalling Zurich Scenery via Uninstaller: Runtime Error (at 125:2318): Error on line 0, position 0: Das angegebene Objekt konnte nicht gefunden werden.

That's doesn't have anything to do with any of our installers but, instead, it shows either your scenery.cfg OR either you DLL.XML or EXE.XML already had errors inside (caused by other installers or by having manually editing them), so our installer won't even try to touch them.

2.2) Starting FSX, again same problems. couatl v2.0 (build 2354) panic log started on Sun Oct 06 16:52:38 2013 problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised. + "The addon '1' is outdated. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager."

That's to be expected, since the problem is caused by ANOTHER executable program, it's normal it won't change anything by reinstalling.

I have no Lenovo Tools, Antivirus is closed and neither active not even open via tray, verified by ProcessExplorer. I'm not an ATI user and have no Catalyst Control Center or the likes running.

The only thing certain, is you HAVE a conflicting program. The programs KNOWN to use to cause the "addonExecutable integrity compromised" error are:

- The Lenovo Power management and One Key Theatre programs.

- The ATI Tray Tools IF the "Automatic Overclocking" feature is used.

- The Radeon Pro utility IF the "API monitoring" is enabled

- The Trillium Instant Messenger program

- There's a latest case, which I don't like to discuss because users seems to be offended if I mention it, but it IS a known program that cause this, and it's an old crack for the PMDG 737 NGX.

These are only the ones we KNOWN to cause this issues. It doesn't mean there might not be others we still don't know yet so, if you are not running ANY of them, it's possible you are just reporting for the first time a new found offending program.

Don't lose your time keep uninstalling/reinstalling our software: the problem is entirely external so, if you are absolutely sure you don't use ANY of those programs, you will have to use ProcessExplorer and check all the running processes, and proceed by exclusion closing them one by one, until the error will go away, then you would know you found the culprit.

Dubstar

My FSX SP2 is a clean install with ZurichX being the one and only addon scenery installed.

1a) After uninstall of Zurich X and Addon Manager - reinstall of Addon Manager - no install of ZurichX
1b) Result: Couatl Error in FSX Menu
1c) Conclusion: Uninstall both. Receive message "The vehicles_airport.gsx file is missing, cannot restore from it!".

--

2a) Install zurichx_setup.exe
2b) Execute "Addon Manager for FSX" by VIRUTALI SAS DI COLAPICCIONI: yes
2c) Add bglmanx.dll as 'Trusted' software: yes
2d) Execute "Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX" by VIRUTALI SAS DI COLAPICCIONI: yes
2e) Add couatl.exe as 'Trusted' software: yes
2f) Install finishes fine.
2g) In FSX menu: "The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted ..."

So the problems persist. Now going to bruteforce my processes.

--

3a) Trying solution: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8326.15 - Error applied to my fsx.cfg aswell, but fixing it didn't yield a result.

Frustrated.

--

4) I carefully monitor my processes in Process Explorer. Not many processes going on that I would have in doubt. But hey, there is the Philips amBX AmbiLight system I'm running. And wait - doesn't it scan every .exe to check whether an AmbiLight setting is available? Yeah right, I remember is scans *and thus might be the culprit here* - so let's deactivate it and see what happens.

5) Firing up FSX.

Zurich X now running fine ... in all it's glory :)

Virtuali, for future customer inquiries, ask whether they have a Philips amBX system installed and active processes. They need to be killed, then couatl will work fine. Thanks Virtuali for support!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Virtuali, for future customer inquiries, ask whether they have a Philips amBX system installed and active processes. They need to be killed, then couatl will work fine. Thanks Virtuali for support!

Yes, of course. As explained in other threads about that error message, there are some programs we *know* of (Ati Tray Tools, Lenovo, etc.) but that doesn't mean there might not be other programs we still don't know that might cause that problem. We'll add this one to the lis

Parmenides

Re: Couatl v2.0 (build 2354) / AddonManagerX 2.9.0.8 activation / (SOLVED)
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 12:01:04 pm »
another one found

Kraken Razer Inc  C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Reazer_Kraken_Driver\Drivers\SysAudio\KrakenSysAudioLauncher.exe /start

for your info!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:19:57 pm by Parmenides »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 12:05:59 am »
another one found

Kraken Razer Inc  C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Reazer_Kraken_Driver\Drivers\SysAudio\KrakenSysAudioLauncher.exe /start

for your info!

This has been known for a while.

Parmenides

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 09:25:59 am »
Sorry didnt know it there are so many crossposts covering this error. Cant read all of them.