Author Topic: POSKY support equipment  (Read 3901 times)

miata54

POSKY support equipment
« on: September 30, 2013, 09:53:32 pm »
The later versions of POSKY AC (747 & 777, and maybe others) come with their own support vehicles (loaders, etc.) that fawn in place when the cargo doors have completed opening. I think I know the answer to this (which is NO) but I'd appreciate confirmation. Is there any way to eliminate these vehicles so that the only support vehicles present are the GSX support vehicles?

I have used a Hex Editor to remove VC's from aircraft. Just wondering if the same could be done for support vehicles if indeed they are contained in the model file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: POSKY support equipment
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 09:39:13 am »
Just wondering if the same could be done for support vehicles if indeed they are contained in the model file?

It's likely those objects are part of the exterior model, under a visibility check. If the check is made directly over the cargo doors variables, you might be able to spot it in the .MDL file as an XML expression under the VISC section. Changing that to an expression that will always result "False", for example by changing the name of the variable to one that doesn't exists, should get rid of the object.

miata54

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 09:30:35 pm »
Is there a utility that converts mdl files to xml?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 09:39:11 pm »
Is there a utility that converts mdl files to xml?

You don't need the file to be in XML format to edit it. You can find the XML expressions embedded in the .MDL file as text, which can be edited with an Hex editor program. The only important thing, is that you don't change the file size.

miata54

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 11:18:38 pm »
I think the easier option would be to find a 747-400 or a 777-200 that doesn't have any support equipment as part of its model file, but I don't they exist outside of the POSKY models which have the embedded loaders, etc.

miata54

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 02:25:38 am »
As an addendum to the POSKY support vehicles, I had forgotten all about the POSKY Utility which can be found on models of the 747 and 777. Selecting the GSU button on the gauge will prevent any support vehicles from spawning so that your GSX support vehicles have a clear path to the AC.  8)