Author Topic: Wrong Pushback in EDDK  (Read 4085 times)

mroschk

Wrong Pushback in EDDK
« on: September 29, 2013, 06:43:24 pm »
Hello,

today it happens the first time GSX Pushes me in the wrong direction.

After requesting the Pushback, EDDK Gate D3 ( Blue Arrow ), first i wonder why GSX not asks me for the Nose direction.
Then , after the Pushback i wnd up with the Nose in the wrong direction ( Red Arrow ).

Can you have a look on it?

Thanks
Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wrong Pushback in EDDK
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 10:08:06 pm »
today it happens the first time GSX Pushes me in the wrong direction.

GSX Pushes you in the direction specified by either the scenery AFCAD or, if you customized that airport using the "customize this parking position", by you.

After requesting the Pushback, EDDK Gate D3 ( Blue Arrow ), first i wonder why GSX not asks me for the Nose direction.

GSX won't ask you for a direction, when the scenery designer has specified that only ONE direction is possible. Since the scenery designer should know the reason why only one direction is possible, GSX won't ask you for a direction when the designer has said that only one direction can be used.

A request will be made if the scenery AFCAD indicates "Both" as possible pushback positions.

Then , after the Pushback i wnd up with the Nose in the wrong direction ( Red Arrow ).

You don't say which EDDK airport you use so, I've checked both default and the Aerosoft version.

The Aerosoft version seems to have all the Pushback directions reversed: the terminal D parkings on the North side of the apron have all their pushback preferences set to "Right" (which for FSX AND GSX means "Nose Left, Tail Right") while they should be all "Left", and the ones on the Southern side are all "Left", when they should be all "Right".

The default version have both northern and southern parkings on the D row set as Right, which is correct only for the southern side.

Of course, with GSX being the flexible program that is, you can fix such scenery designers mistakes, by simply opening the GSX scenery editor and set the correct Pushback direction, without having to edit the original AFCAD.

For example, at Aerosoft EDDK, select all parkings on the northern side of the apron ( from D20 to D27 ) and set their Pushback preference to be "Left", and all the southern ones (from D1 to D12) to be "Right"

You can select multiple parkings at once on the list (using CTRL and Shift keys to do multiple selections) and apply the changed preference for all of them at once, so this should be a very quick fix.

mroschk

Re: Wrong Pushback in EDDK
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:24:16 pm »
Hello,

it is the Aerosoft Version.

I only was a bit suprised during the pushback that it goes in the wrong direction. At this ttime
it was to late to Change the PB directions.

I think it was any other error then one in the Afcad.

So i will Change that and next time it goes to the right direction.

Thx for Clearing that.
Matthias