Author Topic: AI Aircraft Parking at Wrong Gates  (Read 5535 times)

fsx100

AI Aircraft Parking at Wrong Gates
« on: September 28, 2013, 08:29:01 pm »
Hello,

I currently own FSDT's Geneva and all your Hawaiian airports. For a long time, I thought I'd purchase KLAS, but wait for the Terminal 3 update to come around. Most people said it wouldn't come around till after Vancouver and the JFK update, but now you're working on KIAH. So now, I decided it would take a long time, so have decided to buy it now.

Anyways, I was playing around with the demo. I noticed that all the widebodies, ex. a BA 744 and a TCX A332, are not parking at Terminal 2, which is reserved for int'l flights. Rather, they are parking alongside Southwest B737's at the B & C concourses.

I have Ultimate Traffic 2 (UT2), and had also installed Ray Smith's KLAS AFCAD/ADE files. I tested KLAS with Ray's and without Ray's ADE files, and both times aircraft would not park at the correct gates. I also looked at another post similar to mine, but couldn't exactly understand what to do. Please help me fix this problem.  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI Aircraft Parking at Wrong Gates
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 12:36:40 pm »
First, if you use other AFCADs, you must be absolutely sure it IS made for FSDT KLAS, not the default. And, if the AFCAD is named differently from the one that comes with FSDT KLAS, you will lose GSX customization for that airport so, it's suggested you use our AFCAD or, at least, if you are sure an alternate AFCAD is in use, it has the same name as the FSDT one.

Also, keep in mind that when you install something like GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, all FSDT AFCADs for your FSDT installed sceneries will be downloaded and installed automatically so, if you really want to use a different one, you must manually replace it again, and be sure it's named the same as the one that comes with the scenery, otherwise you might have a double AFCAD, which will cause all sort of problems.

Re-test, after you are sure of this. But in general, AI airplanes will park on the *smallest* parking that can take them, but giving preference to those with an atc_airline_code set. But again, if all the best parkings are already filled, they will start to park everywhere.

So, the usual ways to control these assignments, is to check both parking radius and their airline codes with ADE or AFX.

Again, be sure that if you edit something with ADE and compile it back as a .BGL, it must be named as the original AFCAD that comes with KLAS, otherwise you'll lose GSX customization. AND, keep in mind that any edit you do, will be overwritten (a backup WILL be made, though) whenever you reinstall the scenery, GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

fsx100

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 07:11:12 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Is there any AFCAD out there (I tried looking) that will have the correct parking positions for airlines? I don't know how to work with ADE or any of those other tools.

By the way, I am running the demo still. Would this affect the parking positions at all?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 09:51:54 pm »
Is there any AFCAD out there (I tried looking) that will have the correct parking positions for airlines?

Nobody complained before they weren't correct in the AFCAD that comes with KLAS. But note that the final result is not the same for every user, because it also depends on the AI models used, their radius, their schedules, etc.

By the way, I am running the demo still. Would this affect the parking positions at all?

The demo version is 100% identical to the real version.