Author Topic: Blurry Runway Texture  (Read 6590 times)

ck777

Blurry Runway Texture
« on: September 27, 2013, 05:00:46 pm »
Hello Everyone,

It's been a couple of months since I loaded up KJFK.  I did a little flying yesterday and noticed no building showing up at KJFK.  I searched the forums, downloaded the latest versions of everything, and everything looks good.  

I did notice some weird things going on with the runway and sides of the runway.  It seems somewhat blurry and not very clear.  I know it's been a few months but from what I remember everything was extremely crisp and detailed.  

I've attached a screen shot but I'm not sure if you are able to see my problem.  My screen shot looks stretched because I took it using 3 monitors, let me know if it isn't very clear.  I'm sure I've done something on my end and would appreciate any advice.  I'm not sure if you need this information but I do use REX for runway textures (I haven't done anything with REX since dowloading the latest version of KJFK)

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Blurry Runway Texture
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 07:45:50 pm »
Be sure you force Anisotropic filtering on your video card do 8x or 16x

ck777

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 12:00:16 am »
Made the changes but I'm still having the issue.  I was on approach and didn't see the runway until I was right on top of it.  So strange...never had the problem before.  I can't really think of anything that I have done differently that would effect this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 02:51:49 pm »
I was on approach and didn't see the runway until I was right on top of it.

JFK V2 use HD textures for the ground, be sure they are enabled.

ck777

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 03:31:50 pm »
Thanks for the help!  I'm assuming HD textures are enabled in the addon manager?    I changed from "Force HD Textures - Off" to 2048x2048.  I'm still having the problem.  Sorry for such newbie questions but is there another place I need to look.  I checked out FSX display settings and didn't notice anything in there.

Thanks again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 06:23:37 pm »
I changed from "Force HD Textures - Off" to 2048x2048.  I'm still having the problem

JFK V2 has been designed for 4096x4096 resolution. Anything less, you are reducing its resolution.

ck777

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 01:18:36 am »
I made the changes and it does seem a little better.  Something still doesn't seem righ; still seems blurry, especially on approach.  I've used a version of JFK since FS9, so I'm pretty familiar with how it should look.

Any other ideas?   Thanks so much for the suggestions and the assistance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 12:20:41 pm »
I made the changes and it does seem a little better.  Something still doesn't seem right still seems blurry, especially on approach.  I've used a version of JFK since FS9, so I'm pretty familiar with how it should look

The new one should be sharper than the first FSX version, but not any sharper than the FS9 version. Another possible problem is that, by running on 3 monitors, you are forced to use a too wide zoom setting, and that might affect the texture resolution too. Check if it improves by zooming in.

ck777

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 02:38:03 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for the help troubleshooting this.  Everything seemed alright when the last time I used the scenery (before the update to V2) but maybe I not remembering correctly.  It does seem much better when on the ground after I switched to HD  I'll mess around with the zooming but it's a little tricky when on approach; I really can't see the runway until I'm right on top.

Thanks again, CK