Author Topic: What Is This Nonsense  (Read 2972 times)

vc-10man

What Is This Nonsense
« on: September 26, 2013, 04:48:37 pm »
Okay, after reading in another Forum that all support questions should be asked here, and getting an answer to the PMDG 777-200LRF doors issue, how come the very same thing happens to the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended updated to the latest version, the Addon-Manager, GSX, etc, all uninstalled and the re-installed and re-booted, as per the attachment? Here I am with that particular Airbus at a Polish airport, and once again, despite Service Doors being closed, still a green banner with its beeps keeps flashing across the screen. Last issue with the PMDG 777-200LRF doors I got the answer that it was a PMDG issue. Now don't tell me it is the same scenario here too? Blame Aerosoft?

3-2-1-Now

Re: What Is This Nonsense
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 05:30:06 pm »
It *IS* a PMDG/Aerosoft issue, because they use custom coded XML variables for the doors.

If you know the variables, then you can write custom XML to work with them in GSX, but otherwise, these aircraft are technically in non-compliance with the MSFS SDK, which is not FSDT problem (they were very good in that they allowed maximum flexibility in programming of custom XML variables right into GSX).

You need to talk to Aerosoft about obtaining the XML variables used.

Guessing here, but Aerosoft likely won't help FSDT with compatibility, as GSX is a direct competitor to Aerosoft's own product.

What you can do is tell GSX to ignore the state of the doors.

Best regards,
Robin.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:34:12 pm by 3-2-1-Now »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What Is This Nonsense
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 06:22:45 pm »
Last issue with the PMDG 777-200LRF doors I got the answer that it was a PMDG issue. Now don't tell me it is the same scenario here too? Blame Aerosoft?

Your green text bar shows the doors are named correctly but, be sure your are using the configuration that comes with GSX so, check both your %APPDATA%\GSX\Airplane folder and the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes folders for all the Airbus X variants, that no GSX.CFG is there, so the default one that comes with GSX will be used, no other configuration is needed, because the Airbus X is supported internally.

I've just checked now, and doors are all correctly detected.