Author Topic: The pole issue again  (Read 7534 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
The pole issue again
« on: June 13, 2013, 01:30:35 am »
Umberto,

I know this has been mentioned by be in the past as well as by a few others recently. In the thread I started on this a long time ago you mentioned a work around that I could go into the SimObjects\Misc\FSDT_ZurichX\model.LSZH_ED_VTRCTR and remove that .mdl folder which would eliminate the shade which I am fine with since I never use them but now there is a new problem as that work around no longer works.

I have finally after 5 years built a new machine with a 2700K (not OC'ed yet), 8GB ram, GTX670 FTW 2GB, and Win 7. I have not done any .cfg tweaks and have just spent the last week reinstalling all the scenery addons from the old machine

The problem seems to be that when I remove that .mdl file it seems to cause an issue with either Couatl or Addon manager and causes it to crash when the .mdl file is not present with the latest version of Addon Manager installed. In the past I had used an older version of Addon Manager and there was no problem eliminating that file. Now it seems like Addon Manager or Couatl is looking for the contents of that .mdl and when not found it causes FSX to crash.

So, the question is, could you compile some sort of blank .mdl for lack of a better expression that will eliminate the pole but yet satisfy the program so that it doesn't crash when the model is absent?

I had previously thought that it might be a driver problem or an OS problem but now that I am on a completely new system with current hardware, solid drivers and no .cfg tweaks or overclock yet, the only thing I can chalk it up to is that I am running SP2 and not Acceleration. I opted to not get Accel for this install and would rather not have to add it just to get rid of the pole. If there is some type of custom .mdl I could replace it with that would eliminate the pole and shades I would be very greatful.

Thanks again for the help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The pole issue again
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:32:55 am »
the only thing I can chalk it up to is that I am running SP2 and not Acceleration. I opted to not get Accel for this install and would rather not have to add it just to get rid of the pole.

If you followed a couple of recent messages about this problem, it seems that the use of SP2 compared the the Acceleration pack, might be just what is causing it.

I strongly suggest installing Acceleration, and not just to get rid of the pole. Since that window uses entirely legal and normal FSX code, chances are that you will find similar issues with other products too.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: The pole issue again
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 03:45:06 am »
If you followed a couple of recent messages about this problem, it seems that the use of SP2 compared the the Acceleration pack, might be just what is causing it.

I strongly suggest installing Acceleration, and not just to get rid of the pole. Since that window uses entirely legal and normal FSX code, chances are that you will find similar issues with other products too.

Umberto, I had followed the threads and read that Accel seems to correct the problem, but after having spent the better part of last week reinstalling everything, I don't know or think that it would be a safe bet to uninstall the previously installed SP's then install Accel and dont want to really wipe everything and start from scratch. That's why I was wondering if you guys could make some type of alternative model, maybe a box that would model something as small as a little box but wouldn't be visible in the sim and the non-Accel users could replace the shades with that model. That way we wouldn't need to install Accel if we could live without the moving shades. Or maybe a way to exclude the shades entirely without having to make a dummy model. That way the folks who dont use Accel or plan to use it would have a method of getting rid of the pole should they chose to.

Thanks