Author Topic: Couatl error when loading CYVR **SOLVED**  (Read 4149 times)

KampfHase

Couatl error when loading CYVR **SOLVED**
« on: September 22, 2013, 07:55:08 pm »
Hi guys,

every time I try to start a flight ar CYVR I do get an error message while loading.

"The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart. Detail can be found in C:\XXX.... Please download an install the latest Stand-Alone-Addon Manager"

So I did. I installed it now 3 times without success. This is what the couatl.err says:

Code: [Select]
couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Sun Sep 22 19:44:56 2013
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 122, in onEnter
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 189, in onEnterArea
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 145, in refreshDynamicObjects
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 43, in refresh
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 128, in refreshObjects
  File "couatl\CYVR\__init__.py", line 189, in seasonChange
  File "couatl\CYVR\__init__.py", line 170, in patchSeason
RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden

The RuntimeError message in German saying that the system cannot found the requested path.

I disabled every other addon scenery in the cfg except of all FSDT sceneries, but still the same error.

Please tell if you need any additional information. Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:38:29 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl error when loading CYVR
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 09:40:32 pm »
Check if you have a C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\FSDT_CYVR folder, which should contain many files with an .MDL extension.

You should, since it's installed by the CYVR installer but, in case it has been removed by mistake, this should be fixed by reinstalling CYVR.

If the folder and the files are there, then maybe it's a permission problem instead or something in your Windows install is pointing to the wrong folder. Are you running FSX in "Compatibility" mode maybe ? If yes, turn it off.

KampfHase

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »
Thanks for the hint with the reinstall of the whole scenery. I blame myself I didn't get this idea earlier. I got a new SSD a few weeks back and need to reinstall everything.

Now I only have CYVR and KJFKv2 folders at this location. Is this correct? Does any other scenery of yours create folders there? I tried to reinstall KLAXv2 and no folder was created there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 09:38:23 pm »
Thanks for the hint with the reinstall of the whole scenery. I blame myself I didn't get this idea earlier. I got a new SSD a few weeks back and need to reinstall everything.

Never, ever, try to restore something by hand. Always, always, use the proper installer.

We supply an installer for a reason: if it was just enough to copy some files around, it would be enough to distribute the scenery as a .ZIP file and tell users to unzip it in the FSX folder. There's an installer because it must do several things, creating folders, setting permissions, downloading files, changing the model.cfg files with the actual path of your installation, etc.

Now I only have CYVR and KJFKv2 folders at this location. Is this correct? Does any other scenery of yours create folders there? I tried to reinstall KLAXv2 and no folder was created there.

Yes, only those sceneries needs to be there, because we use a real-time patching of the .MDL files in order to save memory with seasons changes, so they must be there, in order not to have permission problems when trying to modify something under the FSX folder. And the installer will set all the needed permissions on C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder when it runs.

Another reason is that, if you have both P3D and FSX installed on the same system, by keeping the .MDL there (which is a common location, not inside the sim) we can save some hard drive space for users that runs both sims on the same disc.