Author Topic: Trial version of Honolulu Intl  (Read 5119 times)

mrbill55

Trial version of Honolulu Intl
« on: September 15, 2013, 09:44:33 am »
I recently installed the trial version of Honolulu Intl. None of the jet ways worked, but GSX seemed to work fine. I uninstalled it and
lost all of my original scenery. I can see it as a flat mosaic on the ground. Anyone have thoughts on this? I don't feel like trying any of the others
 (sceneries) for fear of losing more airports.

Hnla

Re: Trial version of Honolulu Intl
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 09:11:20 pm »
I uninstalled it and
lost all of my original scenery. I can see it as a flat mosaic on the ground. Anyone have thoughts on this? I don't feel like trying any of the others
 (sceneries) for fear of losing more airports.

This is to be expected

When you uninstalled, you more than likely selected "Yes" if you want to remove the addon manager. All of FSDT's sceneries depend on the addon manager, so, if you remove it, all of your sceneries won't work.

If you simply install Honolulu or another scenery again, all your other sceneries will work again.

None of the jet ways worked, but GSX seemed to work fine.

Did ALL of the jetways not function? Or just one? What Gate were you at?

mrbill55

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 09:40:17 pm »
I did not remove add on mgr or anything else because I have GSX. None of the jet ways worked. I'm beginning to think there is some other issue
because I did an Acronis restore and the airport is still flat as a pancake. I just removed everything Honolulu related from my library and the default
airport is back. It may have been missing for a while and I didn't realize it. Software is such a joy. Real aircraft/airports are much easier.

Bill C.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 05:26:09 pm »
Your message is not very clear: are you saying that after installing Honolulu because the jetways didn't worked, so after you uninstalled it, you "lost all of my original scenery".

What do you mean with "original scenery" ? You lost all your default scenery ?

Did Honolulu worked, even with static jetways ?

Have you seen any errors when installing or uninstalling ?