Author Topic: KIAH Part 2-Houston Intercontinental Airport  (Read 25713 times)

cowings1588

Re: KIAH Part 2-Houston Intercontinental Airport
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 08:27:54 am »
Terminal B

Houston Intercontinental Airport

That terminal your showing is C not B unless you were in B when taking this picture but Terminal B is all express flights & wouldn't have any Mainline planes at its gates..  Mainline being anything from a 737 on up the 777.. Terminal B the biggest plane that would be at Terminal B would be the E-170 jet.. All mainline United planes operate out of C,D & E..  Well they normally don't park any Mainline at Terminal B unless they happen to be using the older Terminal B gates for extra gates that day you were there but mostly Terminal B is for express only & not mainline.. I know for certain that brown terminal in your picture with the white dome on top is Terminal C for sure..
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:34:12 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

ahuimanu

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 01:30:53 am »
Ahhhh, B-84... what a hell hole that was just 10 years ago.  I always called it the "bus station."  In the summer, the doors were open so much that you could forget about any AC providing relief.  Also, given those open doors, the flies were abundant.

Very happy to see a decent KIAH is on the way.

cowings1588

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 10:59:59 am »
I don't think its going anywhere anytime soon. Its on the other side of the airport.. There working on the other side of the airport right now.. B-84 is on the opposite side there on, so its not going anywhere probably not for another year or more..
COA
Bill