Author Topic: Boarding completed, waiting for your action  (Read 4553 times)

p3dx3

Boarding completed, waiting for your action
« on: September 08, 2013, 08:08:59 am »
I used to get this prompt to close the cargo doors before departure, now the only "waiting for your action" prompt I get is for the main passenger door to close first. How do I get all doors to do this so the cargo loaders don't go away until the door is closed?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding completed, waiting for your action
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 11:01:12 am »
Nothing has changed in GSX (it seems from your message that you noticed a change), it's the airplane configuration you made that controls this.

If you set up a door to be without any checks, likely because your were using an unsupported airplane with custom variables which might be difficult to figure out so it was easiest to just ignore it, GSX will ignore it.

So, you must either change the config or, if the airplane you are using now is now internally supported by GSX, you must RESET the airplane configuration file, so GSX will use the one that comes with it.

If, instead, the airplane is still unsupported (you don't say which one, so it's difficult to reply for sure), either you figure it out which variables (standard or custom) control its doors and properly set them in the airplane configuration editor OR leave it as it is now, but of course GSX will keep ignoring it, because this is what it was instructed to do by the configuration file.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 03:08:03 pm »
I deleted my config file for the PMDG 777 and this is still happening. So should I now go into the editor and select with checks?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:21:24 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 04:28:59 pm »
I deleted my config file for the PMDG 777 and this is still happening. So should I now go into the editor and select with checks?

No, unless you duplicate exactly the checks (custom XML variables and custom names) we have programmed in GSX, which doesn't make sense, since the whole point of having a supported airplane (and the PMDG 777 IS, now, after the Live Update), is that you don't NEED a GSX.CFG file to begin with.

As I've said, if you remove a GSX.CFG made BEFORE the 777 was supported, using the "Reset" option, the airplane WILL work correctly.

Note that:

1) You must "Restart Couatl" from the Couatl menu, for changes to be read again. OR Restart FSX. OR, select another airplane then the 777 again. Any of the three will work just the same. The "Restart Couatl" is obviously the easiest and fastest way.

2) You might have another copy of the GSX.CFG file in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes folder, because this is where you put it originally.

In this case, you must remove it manually: the GSX Airplane configuration editor will not remove a GSX.CFG from the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes folder, both because it will likely result in an error (because Windows will not allow to remove a file from the default FSX folder without admin permissions) but also because the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes is supposed to be the place where 3rd party developers put a GSX.CFG to be used with their airplane so, the Reset option assumes a GSX.CFG file in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes is always supposed to be correct, and won't remove it, so you must remove it manually.

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 10:40:53 am »
I only had a gsx.cfg file in my windows user name\app data\etc folder because I manually edited the settings before you released an update. So I removed that, restarted fsx, then went to the menu restarted couatl and now still do not get prompts to close cargo doors, they loaders just back away.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 11:44:38 am »
I only had a gsx.cfg file in my windows user name\app data\etc folder because I manually edited the settings before you released an update. So I removed that, restarted fsx, then went to the menu restarted couatl and now still do not get prompts to close cargo doors, they loaders just back away

If you are seeing the cargo doors referenced with their custom name ( "Cargo FWD/AFT" instead of the generic "Cargo 1/2") the problem is not GSX, but likely the save/load state function of the PMDG not updating the variables correctly.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9070.msg72873#msg72873

If, instead, the doors are still referenced with their generic name, they you STILL have a GSX.CFG, likely in the Simobjects\Airplanes folder that you must remove.

p3dx3

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 09:22:24 am »
Yes the name is Cargo FWD, so I guess it's a problem with PMDG, that explains why it also happens on their MD-11. But strangely not the 747X.

Thanks for the help.