Here is my config file for the 777. What do I need to change?
Your mistake is that:
- You haven't followed the forum and/or read the GSX manual because, having a GSX.CFG file IS the problem, if the one you made is made like that.
You configured the doors in your GSX.CFG file as using standard FSX doors variables (the code = 1 or code = 2 lines ), which wouldn't work on an airplane that uses all custom XML variables such as the PMDG.
On top of that, what you did was wrong even for a default airplane, because you set cargo door 1 to use code 1, just like the MAIN passenger door, and cargo door 2 to use code 2, which is default for all cargo doors in the default 737 so, what you really did IF this was a default airplane using default variables (and the 777 it's NOT), was to tell GSX that Shift-E controls both the main passenger door AND the cargo 1 door, and Shift+E+2 controls BOTH the 2nd passenger door AND the 2nd cargo door.
As already explained on the forum HERE:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9070.msg72674#msg72674
When you use an airplane that use all custom variables for its doors, you should either
1) configure GSX to IGNORE a door's status
2) figure out yourself the custom variables for the PMDG 777 and write the correct XML code for them
3) just wait for us to a configuration
If you are not able to do #2, you should have used option #1 or #3, and now there's no need to wait, because we have included support for the PMDG 777 since several days, with the current Live Update.
But, as also explained in many other forum threads, if you tried to create your GSX.CFG (which is wrong in this case) already, you must REMOVE IT, in order to have the native support from GSX taking over, because a GSX.CFG file will always take precedence over the configuration that comes with GSX, for the obvious reason that you CAN then further customize something that has native support coming from GSX.
THIS post HERE:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9070.msg72735#msg72735
Explains how the precedence system works. Which means, in order to be sure you use the configuration that comes with GSX for the 777, which of course is correct, you must do the following:
1) Be sure you have installed the most current LIVE UPDATE for GSX. Done by selecting the option to check for updates in the Couatl menu
2) Use the "Reset" option in the Airplane configuration menu in GSX, to Undo all your customization.
3) "Restart Couatl" from the menu.
If it still doesn't work after those steps, note the following:
- Be sure you haven't put another GSX.CFG in the Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG777 folder. If you find one, remove that one too.
- It seems the PMDG has a bug that it doesn't correctly save the custom doors variable state if you use the Load/Save State function from the PMDG FMC, this is nothing that GSX can fix, but it's apparently fixed by opening/closing doors once, so the variable get synced again.