Author Topic: CDT problem  (Read 6125 times)

cloudflyer

CDT problem
« on: September 08, 2008, 08:18:40 pm »
When approaching KORD from another airport such as KPDX, KDCA or TNCM I get a crash to desktop. I'm usually using a Captain Sim 757. Yesterday after a long flight I managed to land on 32R but as soon as I turned toward the terminal, CDT again. Any thoughts on why this may be happening? I go to many airports but it only happens at KORD.

Thank you,

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CDT problem
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:40:37 pm »
Nobody reported it so far, have you tried using a different airplane, especially a default one ?

ThomasKaira

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 07:32:09 am »
Also, could you list the module that is causing the crash?

I had a similar problem to you where the root cause was an improperly formatted AI aircraft texture (different airport, though).

If an AI texture is the problem, the sim should consistently cite "fe.dll" as the problem module.

If that fails, try analyzing your computers memory usage on approach in the default C172 and the CS 757. This can be done in the task manager, just make sure you set it up to show VM usage (View>Select columns and check Virtual Memory size).

cloudflyer

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 10:38:38 pm »
Still having CDT when approaching ORD with Captain Sim 757. Errors list Modules 1 through 145. d3d9.dll error was shown in the event viewer. Error ID 1000. I disabled all AI traffic on this flight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 12:23:15 am »
Still having CDT when approaching ORD with Captain Sim 757.

As I've said already: does it happen with another airplane, one of the default for example ?

cloudflyer

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 05:04:52 pm »
Sorry for getting it wrong. It's the Captain Sim 757 causing all the CTD's. Other aircraft work OK.