Author Topic: How to fix/correct placement issues for KSFO/LAS/ORD  (Read 7706 times)

mynetdude

How to fix/correct placement issues for KSFO/LAS/ORD
« on: September 09, 2013, 07:21:16 pm »
I mostly fly the KSFO and KLAS airports you guys made; when I first installed KSFO it was fine; but then I'm not sure where it went wrong but now this is what I see at all of the airports:

-taxiway signs aren't positioned properly or are in the middle of taxiways
-AI doesn't follow taxiway lines (or can't?)
-AI planes park in odd/weird positions/incorrectly at gates
-Progressive taxi doesn't show correct path to runway or gate/parking

This is happening at all of the FSDT related airports; so I know its not a fault of FSDT; this is a matter of adjusting the scenery database but I'm not sure what to do exactly as I have AES this must be at the top according to AESHelper since it puts AES at the top for me anyway.  I have FTX PNW and FTX Global and of course I have other airport addons as well but mostly FSDT airports and then of course I have MyTraffic X so I wonder if that has anything to do with it since MTX installs quite a bit of AFCAD?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to fix/correct placement issues for KSFO/LAS/ORD
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:31:03 pm »
I have MyTraffic X so I wonder if that has anything to do with it since MTX installs quite a bit of AFCAD?

Yes, of course. All those AFCADs are made for the default sceneries. If you must remove any AFCAD that covers an add-on airport you purchased, because those should be used with their own AFCAD, and the one from My Traffic will cause exactly the problems you reported.

mynetdude

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:55:08 pm »
I have MyTraffic X so I wonder if that has anything to do with it since MTX installs quite a bit of AFCAD?

Yes, of course. All those AFCADs are made for the default sceneries. If you must remove any AFCAD that covers an add-on airport you purchased, because those should be used with their own AFCAD, and the one from My Traffic will cause exactly the problems you reported.

Ahhh ok :) hmm weird how its using the MTX AFCAD instead of the one that came with the scenery; you would think the sim would look at the one that's with the scenery as MTX is just a collection of AFCADs by itself in a folder accordingly

I'll report back next time with results; also quick question; is FSDT AFCAD compatible with MTX AI?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 11:13:58 pm »
I'll report back next time with results; also quick question; is FSDT AFCAD compatible with MTX AI?

Yes, of course.

mynetdude

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 04:41:02 pm »
So I've had a chance to check it out

part of the issue is resolved I think; at least planes park in the correct places now but its not 100%; some buildings are blocking many jetways (actually they make it so I can't see them).  I did remove the ADE/AFCAD that was causing taxiway conflicts from MyTraffic X but the jetways are a bit messed up; for example I was parked at B20 when the simulator loaded up I couldn't see my plane but I could see the jetway I was parked at and then I slewed around and noticed some building oddities.

I'm also assuming this is still an AFCAD/ADE problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 04:42:28 pm »

Yes, you must have another conflicting file somewhere. Any problems with misplaced jetways or buildings, it's always something caused by a conflicting AFCAD file.

mynetdude

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 05:10:49 pm »

Yes, you must have another conflicting file somewhere. Any problems with misplaced jetways or buildings, it's always something caused by a conflicting AFCAD file.

Then how do I locate it?

mynetdude

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 05:23:01 pm »
I did a wildcard search for anything sfo and .bgl in combination; and I could only find sfotiles.bgl which belongs to the flightbeam... gah wrong place... that's why I couldn't find SFO on your forums :P

LOL... but at least I know its AFCAD/ADE that was causing problems over at KLAS and KORD which you guys do have.