Author Topic: KLAS Strange problem, many extra runways!  (Read 3594 times)

antonmorse

KLAS Strange problem, many extra runways!
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:39:21 pm »
Hi Umberto, could you shed any light on this for me please?

I have installed and used the FSDT  KLAS scenery successfully in the past.
But due to some unrelated fsx problems, I have done a full uninstall and reinstall of my FSX.

Everything seems to be running smoothly, but I have just installed the KLAS scenery, and I find that if I select the map from the main FSX menu, then click on McCarran Airport, it brings up the list of runways & ILS info correctly, but it includes 16 false runways, all 10m in length. They are Rwy 2, 20, 3, 21, 4L, 22R and many others.
I am baffled why this is happening. I do also use Bluesky Las Vegas scenery, but I used them both together in previous installations with no problems; and if I uninstall any other scenery and just try the FSDT on it's own, this still happens.

Have you any idea why this would happen?

Thanks
Keith

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAS Strange problem, many extra runways!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:33:02 pm »
That's not a problem or a bug or something you need to fix.

Those fake runways are there to enable simultaneous crosswind operation of all runways at KLAS. It's the "Star technique", very well known and used by many 3rd party airport developers.

Those runways will not affect FSX in any way, since they are too small to be used by any AI or assigned to your own airplane by the ATC, the only side effect, you'll see them on the map and/or in the ATIS report.

antonmorse

Re: KLAS Strange problem, many extra runways!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:54:46 pm »
Umberto,
many thanks for the explanation, I've heard of the method but did not know it showed up on the map like that, I obviously just never noticed them before. Good to know it is as it should be,

many thanks
Keith