Author Topic: All these vehicles  (Read 4123 times)

flynryan692

All these vehicles
« on: September 12, 2013, 10:42:33 am »
I tried searching around for this and to my surprise I couldn't find a single thing on it..

So, if I wanted to remove all these cars driving around KLAX (actually all FSDT, but LAX especially) how would I do that? I normally remove vehicles because I just don't like them, however I'm not sure how to do it with FSDT LAX, or any other FSDT. If there is one scenery I really want to remove vehicles at it is LAX. Although beautiful it is the only scenery that kills my computer when I take a complex aircraft into it, so I really need to find a way to pull out what I can to gain a bit of performance. I got my first OOM in FSX ever (in about two and a half years) today landing the 777 at LAX, so I need to figure something out here. I'd hate to have to avoid the airport with the T7..

If it is needed, here are my specs..

Windows 7 64bit Pro
i5-2500K @ 4.6ghz w/ H60 liquid cooling
Asrock Pro4 Z77
8GB DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX660Ti 2GB
240GB SSD (fors fsx) + 2 1TB HDD's (for everything else)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All these vehicles
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 10:52:33 am »
So, if I wanted to remove all these cars driving around KLAX (actually all FSDT, but LAX especially) how would I do that?

In the most logical way: by turning down the Scenery Complexity slider, which is there for the precise reason that you can adapt the scenery performances with your hardware, by progressively turning down objects, and those cars reacts to the Scenery Complexity slider setting.

flynryan692

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 06:39:01 pm »
Alright, I will give that a shot, but is there a way to remove the vehicles all together? I know there are cars in the simobjects/misc folder but I'm not sure if that works or not.  I have scenery that runs fine but needs to have the complexity turned up, so obviously a flight between KLAX where I would turn it down and any other scenery where I need it up would be impossible.

EDIT: Never mind, I changed my mesh complexity to 5 from 1 and moved the scenery complexity down a single notch and LAX is smoother and has less cars, my other scenery(s) are also working fine. Perfect! I don't know if it is possible with the way FSDT is made, but in the future maybe you could offer an option in the add-on manager or something to remove cars. Just about all scenery developers support this idea either through a manager or manual removal of a car .bgl files.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:56:45 pm by flynryan692 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 07:30:45 pm »
alright, I will give that a shot, but is there a way to remove the vehicles all together? I know there are cars in the simobjects/misc folder but I'm not sure if that works or not.

It will not work very well because, by doing this, you are forcing objects creation errors, which will result in stutters.

I don't know if it is possible with the way FSDT is made, but in the future maybe you could offer an option in the add-on manager or something to remove cars.

That might be possible, I'll try to think of a good way to present the option.

Just about all scenery developers support this idea either through a manager or manual removal of a car .bgl files.

The issue is, those cars are not in a .BGL so, we must instruct the Addon Manager to have a way to not display them. Well, in fact the Addon Manager KNOWS already a way, which is precisely the Scenery Complexity slider, which seemed to be the most logical choice, but if it's not enough, we might do something, which will hopefully work in a more elegant what that having to remove files or use an external program that would in any case force an FSX restart.