Author Topic: Suggestion for GSX  (Read 18914 times)

mroschk

Suggestion for GSX
« on: September 08, 2013, 04:27:52 pm »
Hello,

i have a Idea for a future Version of GSX.

We can load the Plain with Fuel, but it is ( for me ) the best solution.
Also the Passengers will be load, but the AC Weight does not Change.

At the Moment i use for that Topcat ( http://www.flightsimsoft.com ).
It works by FSUIPC and loads the Fuel and also the Pax and Baggage into the plane without
stopping the Flightsim.

Now my Suggestion is to have a LoadDialog like from iFLY or PMDG.
A Dialog where we can see the Plane seats and alo the configurated cargo compartments.

Now we can select how many Pax and Cargo should be loaded.
The we press a "load" button and then starts the normal procedure as it is now. The Pax will be loaded, the cargo, baggages and also the fuel.
All can be done by FSUIPC like Topcat does.

It can also work together with Topcat. I have a Connection to the developer of PFPX and Topcat to manage this.
( A idea for that is Topcat calculates where in the compartmenets the Pax, Baggage/Cargo/Fuel to load and GSX loads it )

I can explain it more, but at the Moment i want to know if the Dev Team is open for this Suggestion?

Thanks
Matthias
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:30:35 pm by mroschk »

mroschk

Re: Suggestion for GSX
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 12:23:00 am »
...no comments ?

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 12:43:54 am »
I didn't noticed this post, sorry.

What you are proposing is, if I understand correctly, is some kind of weight loader for airplanes that don't come with their own ?

What's wrong with the default loader page from FSX ? This is usually what you are supposed to use, if an airplane doesn't come with its own, and you can change both the Fuel AND the cargo load and the airplane weight and balance WILL change.

And, if you want to have more options, couldn't just use that Topcat program ?

GSX DOES read the actual weight of all stations, regardless how which method you used to set it. Either you used the default loader, or some airplane-specific one (like the one from PMDG) or some external method such as the Topcat program, as long as those method affect the airplane station load weight, GSX WILL read it from Simconnect, and will estimate the number of passengers from that.

It might not very precise but, the number of passengers is only used to figure out the time spent boarding and the number of baggage carts, which can only be 1, 2 or 3 or the type of the bus/van/minivan used so, we don't really need to be precise on that, as long as it's in the correct ballpark.

mroschk

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 01:47:43 am »
Hello,

no Problem.

I see this just as a real nice gimmie.

But, in my view, it can be very nice that, when you call the GSX "Request Boarding" Dialog. here can come up a litle Dialog were you can
set the passengers like in the Loadmanager of the PMDG.
At the same time you see the CG% and can set up the passengers at the RIGHT places ( more Pax at the first rows or the back rows ).
After that set up you click ok.
Then starts the normal Boarding procedure of GSX like it is ( or in the future with the Walking passengers .. which will be cool )
At this time you can use the FSUIPC to set the weight for every Station.

The CG% you can read also from the FSUIPC .. thats easy.

If it is not tooo complicated and possible it just was a real nice future .

I never want to use the FSX loading Dialog.

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 10:38:00 am »
But, in my view, it can be very nice that, when you call the GSX "Request Boarding" Dialog. here can come up a litle Dialog were you can  set the passengers like in the Loadmanager of the PMDG.

That's a different thing. You are suggesting that GSX would launch the custom loader for an airplane for you.

At this time you can use the FSUIPC to set the weight for every Station.

I don't see the point of GSX having to "set" the airplane weight, GSX only need to READ the stations data and act on that data, assuming it was set correctly elsewhere. What's the point of having a custom loading program provided with the airplane in the first place, if it doesn't "set" anything ?

The CG% you can read also from the FSUIPC .. thats easy.

Apart for the fact that we can read everything we need directly from FSX without FSUIPC (none of our products requires or uses FSUIPC for anything), but I don't see what the CG% data would be of any use to GSX.

mroschk

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 12:01:19 am »
Hi,

sorry for the late answer.

I don't see the point of GSX having to "set" the airplane weight, GSX only need to READ the stations data and act on that data, assuming it was set correctly elsewhere. What's the point of having a custom loading program provided with the airplane in the first place, if it doesn't "set" anything ?

GSX is loading Pax and Cargo.
Why not Setting the Weights via FSUIPC to the Aircraft??

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 01:58:12 am »
GSX is loading Pax and Cargo.

I think I already explained this, a couple of times. FSX ITSELF is loading its stations if you access its default loader, and the same is usually valid for 3rd party airplanes that have their own loader. And this affects weight and balance.

So, why should GSX duplicate something that FSX already does ?

Why not Setting the Weights via FSUIPC to the Aircraft??

As I've said already, we don't need FSUIPC for anything, we can read and set everything we want in FSX, but I don't see the point in this case.

GSX is READING the actual weight of the stations that something else already set, be it the default loader or a custom one, the end they result will be the same: as long as the weight int the airplane change, GSX will react to it, by changing the boarding duration and changing the number of baggage carts displayed.

mroschk

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 08:51:47 am »
Hello,

So, why should GSX duplicate something that FSX already does ?

eaysy answer: Because it would be very nice
-if we not must set the weights via the normal FSX Load Manager.
-if the Weight of the Plane increases when the Pax step into the plane
-if the weight increases when the Fuel loads
-and it would be very more Realistik then the FSX Load Dialog

But in my eyes it is the same like i ask for a GPU.
In another Post you wrote "All is possible", but not a "dummy" GPU ??

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 10:14:30 am »
-if we not must set the weights via the normal FSX Load Manager.

If you use a 3rd party airplane, you will have to use its Load Manager anyway.

-if the Weight of the Plane increases when the Pax step into the plane
-if the weight increases when the Fuel loads

Can't see the value of having those changing progressively, opposed to change all at once when the refueling stops.

-and it would be very more Realistik then the FSX Load Dialog

No, it will give you only the "illusion" of being more realistic, because loading times in GSX are simulated anyway so, for example, there will be only 3 Pallets of cargo and 3 baggage wagons anyway, regardless of how much time you set so, if we linked the weight increase to the loading animation (that would be "correct"), it won't be realistic, because the animation it's always the same regardless of the actual load, and if we linked it to the time you select in the preferences, it won't be realistic too, because the airplane would increase in weight when nothing is visible.

And, even if we had this feature, most people will use customized Load Manager for their favorite 3rd party airplanes, which will always be more complete and correct for their own airplanes (what about if the airplane uses a custom weight and balance system, without using the FSX system ?), you can't expect we would create an universal loader that could replace each and every 3rd party Load Manager out there.

But in my eyes it is the same like i ask for a GPU.
In another Post you wrote "All is possible", but not a "dummy" GPU ??

Not really, you are asking for "realistic" here, when realistic is impossible, but then you say you would be fine with a fake GPU "just for the visual".

mroschk

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 10:24:19 am »
Hello,

isn't it all a virtual Realistik??

You can calculate the Time for Loading regarding to the Baggage weight ( per Pax 11/13/15kg regarding domestic, international and intercontinental ). Then you can calculate how much Bag this have to be and then you can calculate the time you Need.

But it's ok, let is as it is.

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 10:43:07 am »
You can calculate the Time for Loading regarding to the Baggage weight ( per Pax 11/13/15kg regarding domestic, international and intercontinental ). Then you can calculate how much Bag this have to be and then you can calculate the time you Need.

The problem is not calculating, that's very easy to do, the problem is that the animation is always the same so, it's not realistic at all to have the airplane progressively changing its weight in a way that will always be entirely unlinked to the loading of baggage/cargo, it won't be any more realistic that just having the load being set all at once when numbers are changed, as it is now.

mroschk

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 12:44:38 pm »
Hello,

The only i dont want to have is the Standard Loading Dialog of FSX/P3D.
My idea was to have a file in the GSX Directory what GSX have to load. This can be exported from Topcat.
Then we select GSX Boarding. Gsx reads this file and knows what weight in which Station is to load.
So we never hav to call the FSX Dialog.
Thats what i mean with more Realistik.
To call the GSX Dialog is not realistic for me.

But ok,it was just an idea, i continue using Topcat.

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 12:48:39 pm »
But ok,it was just an idea, i continue using Topcat.

That's precisely my point. You said yourself that program also acts on the airplane weight in real time and does what you need so, what's the point of duplicating its features in GSX, but not tied to the GSX animations ?

If I understand correctly how Topcat works, it only supports some 3rd party airplanes so, by saying "So we never have to call the FSX Dialog", do you mean you would like to use it on default airplanes too ? It seems to me that, all you are asking, could be achieved of Topcat supported default airplanes too.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:53:13 pm by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 01:19:57 am »
Hello,

yes. Topcat "can" do this.
But in real it is like that the Pilot gets the Loadsheet from the Company who is loading the Plane.
That is the Loadsheet prepared by Topcat for the Simulation and this is prepared by the Loadagent sitting in the Office.
But the Loading of the Plane is done by the Ramp Agents working outside of the Ramp.

Now there are 2 possible ways:

1. The easy: Prepare the Loadsheet by Topcat, press the Export to Flightsim button and thats it.
2. (The better one in my Eyes ) Prepare the Loadsheet by Topcat. Export this to GSX ( the Ramp Driver brings the Loadplan to the Ramp Agents on the Ramp ), then let GSX Load the Plane only by selecting "Request Boarding".
GSX has n the info what is to load where in the Plane and can do it. The Weight increases during the Boarding process, as in real.

Thats the way near to the reality.

But, why ever, all my requests seams to bounce from you. Why ever...same for the Chocks, GPU, GSU and Gate Information ...

Matthias
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:49:43 am by mroschk »

Hnla

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 02:03:41 am »
But, why ever, all my requests seams to bounce from you. Why ever...same for the Chocks, GPU, GSU and Gate Information ...

Because your requests make no sense, and there are far more important things that FSDT needs to focus on when it comes to GSX