Author Topic: PMDG 777 - Front Right Cargo Door - Loader  (Read 29042 times)

XCLTM3

Re: PMDG 777 - Front Right Cargo Door - Loader
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 03:36:22 am »
I did the live update and I'm still having the same issue. Both loaders go to the rear cargo door, and I'm permanently stuck with it saying "open cargo fwd, open cargo aft" even though I've got all doors open.

I'm experiencing the same problem......I've d/l the update twice and even restarted FSX the 2nd time....but still GSX is not playing well with the 777.

Steve
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

highways1

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 03:57:05 am »
I got it working now, just did an fsx restart and all is well.

XCLTM3

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 04:21:20 am »
I got it working now, just did an fsx restart and all is well.

Umberto,

after downloading & installing the latest update 4 times now, and restarting FSX 3 times, I'm still having the same problem??

Any idea what is going on???

Steve
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:40:27 am by XCLTM3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 10:03:13 am »
I did the live update and I'm still having the same issue. Both loaders go to the rear cargo door, and I'm permanently stuck with it saying "open cargo fwd, open cargo aft" even though I've got all doors open.

Doesn't happen here. Be sure you did what I've said here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5481.msg72711#msg72711

But it shouldn't be related to your case, since if you see the cargo doors labeled correctly, it seems you don't have a .cfg file. However, just to be sure, Reset the config.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 10:18:04 am »
I did the live update and it is requesting to open the fwd cargo door!
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 10:37:55 am »

I can only confirm that after the Live update, the program correctly detects all 777 doors, and correctly recognize them being open/closed. I've just tried it now.

If it doesn't happen on your system, it's because you still have a .cfg file which you edited yourself or downloaded, and it must be removed, either with the Reset button or by manually removing the file.

XCLTM3

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 10:40:08 am »

I can only confirm that after the Live update, the program correctly detects all 777 doors, and correctly recognize them being open/closed. I've just tried it now.

If it doesn't happen on your system, it's because you still have a .cfg file which you edited yourself or downloaded, and it must be removed, either with the Reset button or by manually removing the file.

Is there any chance there may be a programming problem depending on the panel state we choose to start up with in the 777?

Just asking.....

DJSean00

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 10:48:55 am »
I had to reset my Aircraft config in the Settings for this to work.

Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 11:04:39 am »
I had to reset my Aircraft config in the Settings for this to work.

That's what I've said in all those threads: the user-defined files always take precedence over the files coming from GSX, which of course makes sense, otherwise you would lose the ability to customize a natively supported airplane in the editor.

This means the config MUST be Reset, in order to use a plane which native support has been added AFTER you already started doing your modifications (or downloaded a pre-made .CFG file from anywhere)

Of course, you CAN further customize a natively supported plane, but you must start your first modification from scratch AFTER having updated GSX with the Live Update, so the editor will create a brand new .CFG file BASED on the GSX *updated* (and now correct) native data, which contains custom names and (more important) custom XML variables.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:06:51 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 11:08:26 am »
Is there any chance there may be a programming problem depending on the panel state we choose to start up with in the 777?

No, because GSX reads the variables that handle the door's visual animation so, regardless of what the airplane simulation is doing, if you *see* the door as open, the variable will react to that.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 11:14:37 am »

I reset the cfg file and downloaded the update, restarted fsx and still get a request to open the fwd cargo door.

Now what?
Moe Works

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 11:45:04 am »
So sorry.....I forgot the cfg. file i had copyed and put into the 777-200 aircraft file. I deleted that and it is ok, now!!  Maybe a lesson for other users!
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 03:03:13 pm »
So sorry.....I forgot the cfg. file i had copyed and put into the 777-200 aircraft file. I deleted that and it is ok, now!!  Maybe a lesson for other users!

I was quite sure of that...yes, of course, a .cfg file in the airplane folder would have an higher priority compared to the one coming with GSX.

The manual explains that, but I admit it could be better explained, this is how the airplane configuration priority system works:

- If there's nothing at all, meaning the airplane is not supported by GSX and there's no config file anywhere, GSX will try to figure out some rough config taking data from the aircraft.cfg. This won't be usually precise enough, but it could be a starting point for a better customization.

- If there's an Intelliscene.cfg in the Simobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME root folder, it will take precedence over the aircraft.cfg.

- If the airplane is supported by GSX in its own internal database ( file FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\common\AircraftDb.PYE, which is updated by the Live Update feature ), it will take precedence over the intelliscene.cfg

- If there's a GSX.CFG file in the Simobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME root folder, it will take precedence over the GSX internal database.

- If there's a GSX.CFG in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder, it it will take precedence over the GSX.CFG file in the Simobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME root folder.

In addition to that, if you start customizing an airplane with the GSX airplane editor, a new GSX.CFG file will be created in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME folder, starting from data of the best possible data source at THAT time (when you first launched the editor on that airplane).

Best practices are:

- If GSX adds support for a new airplane, especially if it's one with tricky custom variables, it's usually best to remove ALL your GSX.CFG files, either in the Simobjects\Airplane\AIRPLANE_NAME AND in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\AIRPLANE_NAME folders, otherwise the GSX internal data won't be used.

- The Simobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME is supposed to be used by DEVELOPERS, as the best possible place to put a GSX.CFG file made by themselves for their own airplane. This way, they can easily distribute the GSX.CFG file, because it's on the airplane root folder together with the aircraft.cfg, and users CAN even customize it further, because users modifications made with the editor will appear in the %APPDATA% folder, so the original file supplied by the developer won't be touched.

highways1

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 11:42:53 pm »

Doesn't happen here. Be sure you did what I've said here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5481.msg72711#msg72711

But it shouldn't be related to your case, since if you see the cargo doors labeled correctly, it seems you don't have a .cfg file. However, just to be sure, Reset the config.

You might have missed my second reply in the thread, but I've got it now. I just restarted FSX and all was well. Thank you for the quick update and support for the 777.

JGL90

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 08:22:08 pm »
I've forced the live update and I was able to fix the loaders going to the wrong place, but I'm still getting the error where GSX is prompting me to open cargo doors even though they're already open. Any advice?