Author Topic: PMDG 777 - Front Right Cargo Door - Loader  (Read 29038 times)

XCLTM3

PMDG 777 - Front Right Cargo Door - Loader
« on: September 04, 2013, 04:38:52 am »
Anyone else had the opportunity yet to test the PMDG 777 with GSX?

Both Cargo loaders/unloaders go to the Right Rear Cargo Door and ignore the Front Right Cargo Door.

Checked the GSX Customize Aircraft Menu and as far as I can see, the Cargo Doors appear to be OK.

Umberto, any idea?

Rgds,

Steve
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

ozflyer

Re: PMDG 777 - Front Right Cargo Door - Loader
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:09:05 am »
Also the catering service wouldn't work for me.

Umnerto, plus help !

JGL90

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 08:21:54 am »
I was able to customize the loaders to get them to go to the right areas using the 3d editor and cycling through the different door settings. One thing I still can't figure out though is why GSX isn't recognizing that I've opened the doors it's requesting. GSX states "Waiting for Exit 1 and Exit 2 to be opened" and so I open the main exit and it just goes to asking for "Exit 2", however even after opening all of the doors on the aircraft (both cargo and passenger) the "Exit 2" request still flashes and the simulation of the cargo being offloaded doesn't startup. From what I could see GSX was viewing Exit 2 as my cargo doors. Also, unlike a lot of my other aircraft, there is no stair truck at the rear left exit with the 777.

Hope this additional information helps, and any further clarification to help me get GSX up to snuff with the new guy in town would be awesome!

XCLTM3

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 11:00:19 am »
I was able to customize the loaders to get them to go to the right areas using the 3d editor and cycling through the different door settings. One thing I still can't figure out though is why GSX isn't recognizing that I've opened the doors it's requesting. GSX states "Waiting for Exit 1 and Exit 2 to be opened" and so I open the main exit and it just goes to asking for "Exit 2", however even after opening all of the doors on the aircraft (both cargo and passenger) the "Exit 2" request still flashes and the simulation of the cargo being offloaded doesn't startup. From what I could see GSX was viewing Exit 2 as my cargo doors. Also, unlike a lot of my other aircraft, there is no stair truck at the rear left exit with the 777.

Hope this additional information helps, and any further clarification to help me get GSX up to snuff with the new guy in town would be awesome!

I'm also getting that same problem with the Exit Doors 1 & 2........let's wait & see what Umberto says/does.

Hopefully GSX are working on a cfg for the 777 as we write.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 12:50:49 pm »
I'm also getting that same problem with the Exit Doors 1 & 2........let's wait & see what Umberto says/does.

It's more than likely that PMDG (same as with the 747 and the 737 NG) used custom XML variables to represent the door's status so, GSX can't check them using the default FSX variables normally linked to Exit1, Exit2, etc.

This means, to get GSX working correctly, you have the following options:

1) Configure GSX to ignore the doors status, by setting the affected door as not having any checks. This is by far the easiest option, and will result in GSX operating correctly, but without checking if the doors *are* open or not, which means if you forget to open them, the service will start anyway, and you'll see baggage and crew passing through the bulkheads.

2) Figure out the names of the custom XML variables PMDG used, and configure the affected doors to use a custom XML expression with a custom name too. This is explained at Page 28 in the GSX manual. Figuring out XML variable names us usually done by peeking inside the .MDL of airplane with an hex editor. You don't have to change/edit anything, just searching for the name (usually contains "door" string) it's enough, the XML expression is usually very straightforward to write, such as:

(L:MyCustomDoorVar, bool)

Then, assign the custom variable a name same as the one PMDG use to name that door, which will help identifying it.

This option, if done correctly, will result having the behaviour of a natively-supported airplane.

3) Wait for us to add a 777 configuration. I'll try to do this as soon as possible, if only to have a look at possible more advanced interactions between the 777 and GSX beyond just doors, for example with wheelchocks, GPUs, etc.

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 01:30:11 pm »
Great, looking forward to that config file. Can you also code the cargo pallets for another airline? I want to have ground services unload cargo pallets that say Lufthansa or DHL when I am flying an Aerologic airplane.

XCLTM3

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 02:13:46 pm »
Thx again Umberto....I'll wait for the GSX certified cfg.

Rgds,

Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 02:22:22 pm »

I'm downloading the PMDG 777 right now. My only regret is that I will never have the time to fly/learn the bird and have fun with it: I had to buy it ONLY to create a proper GSX config...

johndrago

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 06:35:39 pm »

I'm downloading the PMDG 777 right now. My only regret is that I will never have the time to fly/learn the bird and have fun with it: I had to buy it ONLY to create a proper GSX config...

Thanks Umberto for your quick response to this.  I appreciate your hard work.

John

atrailblazer7

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 07:21:19 pm »
Thanks Umberto!!  Looking forward to the update!! :)

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 08:55:42 pm »
where do we download the 777 gsx config?
Moe Works

marcon8122

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 10:22:05 pm »
Umberto PMDG implemented time acceleration for long flight to do a 9 hours flight in 1 hour :D. I've just tried with the tutorial flight and works perfectly also with activesky working with winds.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 11:26:50 pm »
It's on the Live Update now. Force a check for updates in the Couatl menu, and it will download the updated files to support the PMDG 777

marcon8122

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 12:12:16 am »
Thank you very much :D

highways1

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 12:21:32 am »
I did the live update and I'm still having the same issue. Both loaders go to the rear cargo door, and I'm permanently stuck with it saying "open cargo fwd, open cargo aft" even though I've got all doors open.