Author Topic: Missing baggage carts and other ground support vehicles at ORD v2.2  (Read 9439 times)

BrandonLH81

Hi i am a huge fan of KORD , however i missing some pieces i think after seeing alot of screenshots from others. Around the gates at KORD FSDT i notice Hardly any 
Baggage carts , trucks , tugs etc.. that are in the pictures. Mind you i do have GSX and understand it's purpose , but i was under the impression that each gate would have more then just a jetway and a couple of vehicles driving by. Do i need to bump up a setting?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing baggage carts and other ground support vehicles at ORD v2.2
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:55:43 pm »
Static ground vehicles are managed by the Scenery Complexity Slider settings.

And note that, when going from V1 to V2, we reduced the amount of static clutter at the gates, both to save some fps, but also because after releasing GSX, most people would prefer to see animated and working ground vehicles, instead of static vehicles that might even interfere with it.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 01:06:04 pm »

And note that, when going from V1 to V2, we reduced the amount of static clutter at the gates, both to save some fps, but also because after releasing GSX, most people would prefer to see animated and working ground vehicles, instead of static vehicles that might even interfere with it.

I have the Scenery complexity slider all the way up , but have no static vehicles such as baggage carts what so ever except for in the Cargo area across from the main terminals ?

BrandonLH81

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 10:26:57 pm »

I have the Scenery complexity slider all the way up , but have no static vehicles such as baggage carts what so ever except for in the Cargo area across from the main terminals ?
Just bumping to see if anyone has any idea's

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 11:59:00 am »

I don't think there's anything wrong with your install, it's just the scenery has less ground detail now.

Note that we also use altitude optimization, so objects will disappear after a certain altitude (you don't need fps-hungry baggage cart when you are on final) so, if you are checking the scenery by slewing around, you might be higher than the cutoff altitude so, every small ground detail will disappear.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 04:52:04 pm »

I don't think there's anything wrong with your install, it's just the scenery has less ground detail now.

Note that we also use altitude optimization, so objects will disappear after a certain altitude (you don't need fps-hungry baggage cart when you are on final) so, if you are checking the scenery by slewing around, you might be higher than the cutoff altitude so, every small ground detail will disappear.

Actually iv'e never slewed around the airport or any airport in that matter with FSX . They just aren't there . Not one scenery static item except for the cargo area . Other then that ONLY 1/2 of terminals that disappear . Which i have to restart Cou Atl for them to come up as fully buildings (If that makes any sense) I have tried reinstalling but no change .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 12:48:44 am »
Other then that ONLY 1/2 of terminals that disappear . Which i have to restart Cou Atl for them to come up as fully buildings (If that makes any sense) I have tried reinstalling but no change .

That 1/2 of terminals disappearing is odd. If there was a problem with Addon Manager/Couatl not running or even crashing, no buildings will appear but, if you can fix it by restarting Couatl (do also the ground details reappear ?), it might be something entirely different, like another Addon using Simconnect having overflow it with too many commands, so Couatl can't talk with it anymore (it happened) or something else, like VRAM corruption that is causing just some objects to disappear.

Does it happen with other FSDT airports ?

BrandonLH81

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 07:45:33 pm »
Other then that ONLY 1/2 of terminals that disappear . Which i have to restart Cou Atl for them to come up as fully buildings (If that makes any sense) I have tried reinstalling but no change .

That 1/2 of terminals disappearing is odd. If there was a problem with Addon Manager/Couatl not running or even crashing, no buildings will appear but, if you can fix it by restarting Couatl (do also the ground details reappear ?), it might be something entirely different, like another Addon using Simconnect having overflow it with too many commands, so Couatl can't talk with it anymore (it happened) or something else, like VRAM corruption that is causing just some objects to disappear.

Iv'e posted some screenshots , hopefully this will help explain the no static baggage carts or belt loaders etc. As for the terminals as you can see they are missing . I don't have any other FSDT scenery's other then KORD . I do have Flightbeam and Cloud 9 that work with the addon manager . The ground details never disappear by the way.

Thanks for the help

BrandonLH81

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 07:48:12 pm »

Notice also in the 2nd picture the front of the one jetway is missing.

Iv'e posted some screenshots , hopefully this will help explain the no static baggage carts or belt loaders etc. As for the terminals as you can see they are missing . I don't have any other FSDT scenery's other then KORD . I do have Flightbeam and Cloud 9 that work with the addon manager . The ground details never disappear by the way.

Thanks for the help

BrandonLH81

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 12:32:03 pm »
Bumping?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 04:25:55 pm »
Bumping?

Won't make it an answer to appear any sooner, of course. Every message is always READ AND replied to, without to do any bumping.

Your screenshots are a bit difficult to understand: they are of very low quality and they show little of the buildings. I have the impression there's something coming from another scenery too, but I'm not sure, because the screenshot is difficult to make it out.