Author Topic: Military AI and AFCAD 2013 ** SOLVED NOT A SCENERY PROBLEM **  (Read 40349 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Military AI and AFCAD 2013 **SOLVED NOT A SCENERY PROBLEM**
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 07:19:10 pm »
Interesting you did not have to make changes to the Flight Plane and recode the traffic file to read 1HNL? If No I will simply revert my flight plans to PHNL and I should see the traffic.

I did what a regular user would do. Downloaded MAIW, and followed their instructions. Their flightplans comes with all flights coded as PHNL so, why not just leaving them as they are ?

It's POSSIBLE that, if something went wrong in compiling the traffic bgl when you changed it to 1HNL, all traffic in that file would have disappeared, but that's not obviously something that has anything to do with our scenery.

pappyboyington

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 08:33:40 pm »
I just installed the way you instructed and yes the MAIW AI appears and I took out the C-17 Statics...( Please restore your C-17 bgl and then see how the static c-17 bgl plane is "bigger" than the AI plane rather than telling me I'm wrong all the time)

and because you do not have AI installed or you do no fly with AI "on" because you lose FPS you probably don't see the commercial AI still present on Hickam's Airfield. Now with your method I have a JAL Heavy parked in a C-17 Hangar! LOL

Back to my ORIGINAL POST! about FIXING THIS!!!!!! The ONLY way to PREVENT Civilian Commercial AI from parking at Hickam is to change the Flight plan to read 1HNL and the Airport to 1HNL so only Military aircraft fly and taxi in and out of Hickam.  When I tried this method and posted it here 2 and half years ago it worked.

Now it does not.! So hence I am trying to determine why that is and the only logical explanation is is that the coding for ramp space at Hickam no longer has code and simply recognizes parking as RAMP, or GA RAMP not Mil_Parking.

Please activate your Ultimate Traffic AI program set it to 100% and take a screen shot of Hickam. Do you have both civilian commercial and military traffic parked at Hickam and in their Hangers?  Yes or no?

Now if you could tell me that the VERY last AFCAD you posted should be changed to read AF2_PHNL or just put the AFCAD as supplied ???

How do "we" fix commercial AI from using Military parking space at Hickam. Only a few civilian charter flights use Hickam. Hawaiian Airlines and JAL and all the others DO NOT PARK on a US Air Force Base. EVER.

When there is a FIX for that I will stop communicating on this thread. Please do not give me a civics lesson on this thread or I will be tempted to post what I sent you in private of me swearing at you for not resolving this .....and here we have come BACK to my FIRST POST..without a fix....and it is  a SCENERY PROBLEM it is a scenery and parking problem and it is NOT SOLVED yet......How do "we" fix commercial AI from using Military parking space at Hickam. ??????????????????????????????????????????????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:23 pm »
I just installed the way you instructed and yes the MAIW AI appears and I took out the C-17 Statics...( Please restore your C-17 bgl and then see how the static c-17 bgl plane is "bigger" than the AI plane rather than telling me I'm wrong all the time)

As I've already told you by email, you are WRONG on this one too, of course.  The real C17 is 53 m in length and 51.75 meters of Wingspan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_C-17_Globemaster_III

The one we have in the scenery is 53.8 m and 51.6 m of Wingspan so, it's basically correct, I don't think you can say that a difference if 1.4% in length and 0.2% in Wingspan would be possible to immediately identify as wrong, visually. So, you were wrong on this one too, in addition to the other things.

So, if you see a significant size difference between the static C17 we provide, and the AI version, it means the AI IS WRONG, and the scenery is right.

But the issue is, I don't see any significant difference in size between the MAIW AI the the static C17, have a look at the attached screenshot.

and because you do not have AI installed or you do no fly with AI "on" because you lose FPS you probably don't see the commercial AI still present on Hickam's Airfield. Now with your method I have a JAL Heavy parked in a C-17 Hangar! LOL

LOL ??? How you could be SO WRONG, each time you write anything ? It really takes some effort...you started this thread about "military AI missing" because some "change" that happened in the scenery and now, after you have been PROVED WRONG because AI Military Traffic works without any issues, you changed your story to "preventing civilian AI to go there". It really takes some nerve keep insisting about this, after being being wrong on all accounts.

Please do not give me a civics lesson on this thread

You already got quite some lesson here, there's no need to insist further.

Facts are:

1) You said you used to have military AI at PHNL, they now disappeared because (according to you) we "changed" something in the AFCAD.

THIS HAS BEEN PROVED WRONG.

2) You said our C17 is visibly out of scale

THIS HAS BEEN PROVED WRONG TOO.

and here we have come BACK to my FIRST POST..without a fix....and it is  a SCENERY PROBLEM it is a scenery and parking problem and it is NOT SOLVED yet......How do "we" fix commercial AI from using Military parking space at Hickam. ?????????????????????????????????????????????

And of course, after being proved wrong about everything, you are going to be proven wrong again here. It's NOT obviously a scenery problem, because your NEW complaint, which is prevention of civilian aircraft to go there, is not something that can be "fixed" JUST with the AFCAD.

You HAVE to rely to some EXTERNAL-NON-AFCAD-RELATED tricks, such as changing the flightplans to point to 1HNL, instead of PHNL.

You are WRONGLY saying that you used to do it before, now it doesn't work for some reason, which you WRONGLY attribute to the AFCAD being "changed" in some way. This is of course WRONG, since the AFCAD hasn't changed in any way.

What I THINK your mistake is, is that it might not be enough "just" creating a flightplan to 1HNL, and expect it would work. I think the 1HNL airport SHOULD exists so, what might have happened instead, is that you HAD some kind of additional AFCAD, perhaps made by someone else, which defined this 1HNL airport. You maybe had this installed in the past, but you forgot about it, maybe after a reinstall, so you are now WRONGLY assuming the 1HNL trick doesn't work anymore because of some "change" we made in the AFCAD, but the real reason is that you don't have this additional AFCAD anymore, which was supposed to work TOGETHER with the 1HNL trick.

I'm not 100% sure about this but, it seem logical that, if you create a flightplan on an airport that is not defined anywhere, such AI wouldn't appear.

P.S.
The screenshot below shows the static C17 compared to the AI C17, I don't really see a significant difference in size.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:59:06 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Military AI and AFCAD 2013 ** SOLVED NOT A SCENERY PROBLEM **
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 11:08:35 pm »
Made a search on the forum and, guess what, the issue is EXACTLY as I thought: you HAD another AFCAD for 1HNL, and you must have forgotten it.

See this thread, were even YOU participated in:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2793.0

The user ghiomkl created an additional AFCAD for 1HNL, containing only the military parkings and the 8R runway for exclusive military usage AND he modified our AFCAD to remove all military parkings from there and the 8R runway too.

These TWO AFCAD must be used together with the 1HNL trick in the flightplans, if you *just* change the flightplans to be 1HNL and expect them to work with JUST our AFCAD, those AI will never appear, exactly as I've thought!!

So, your complete military setup NEVER relied on JUST the AFCAD as supplied with the scenery (there goes your theory that we "changed" it, losing your ability to trick the flightplans with 1HNL code), it required BOTH the modified AFCAD for PHNL AND an additional AFCAD for 1HNL. Only with everything in place, the 1HNL trick in the traffic bgl would have worked.

You probably FORGOT about your past usage of this modified AFCAD + additional AFCAD, and wrongly assumed we made some strange changes to our AFCAD that prevented the whole setup to be working.

Note that you will need to download (it's on the same thread) also the separate exclude file made by ghiomkl, because he uses the old AFCAD utility, and that one can't create embedded exclude areas, so he had to do a separate exclude file, that must be used together with the other two AFCADs he posted. You'll also need to remove the standard FSDT AFCAD, but that's seems fairly obvious...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:22:31 pm by virtuali »

pappyboyington

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 12:44:32 am »
Thank you Umberto! My sincerest apologies for being an asshole to you. I get very upset when things do not work...( especially my brain) End of thread. Will continue to buy FSDT products and your patience with me is much appreciated.

Hnla

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 02:37:32 am »
Thank you Umberto! My sincerest apologies for being an asshole to you. I get very upset when things do not work...( especially my brain) End of thread. Will continue to buy FSDT products and your patience with me is much appreciated.

Ha ha, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

P.S, I would remove your foul language as well.

pappyboyington

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 07:58:18 pm »
Again my sincerest apology for my language and my deepest thanks for your patience and dedication.
Continued success Umberto to you and FSDT
Virtuali.