Author Topic: GSX and animated jetway not working at PHNL gate 19  (Read 20330 times)

captain420

GSX and animated jetway not working at PHNL gate 19
« on: August 03, 2013, 10:27:20 am »
I am hitting CTRL+J to activate this, however it's not doing anything. My PMDG 737NGX is parked at Gate 19 at FSDT's PHNL. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and animated jetway not working at PHNL gate 19
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 10:35:53 am »
Are the other jetways at the same airport working normally ?

captain420

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 02:27:34 pm »
None of the jetways seem to work. I have Megascenery Hawaii, Oahu, and I just saw the other thread. Could this be why? This won't work with Honolulu airport from FSDT if one has MS Hawaii?

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 03:01:57 pm »
Make sure "Advanced Animations" is checked in the FSX settings menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 08:21:04 pm »
None of the jetways seem to work. I have Megascenery Hawaii, Oahu, and I just saw the other thread. Could this be why? This won't work with Honolulu airport from FSDT if one has MS Hawaii?

No, because it there was an AFCAD conflict, you would see no jetways at all. Check you have the "Advanced Animations" option enabled AND, if you use AES, check is working correctly, because it replaces our (standard) animated jetways with its own (custom) animated version so, if there's a problem with it, jetways might stop working.

As a general rule, if ALL jetways are not working at once, it's never a problem of the scenery.

And as a even more general rule, whenever this is ANYTHING wrong with jetways, it's NEVER a GSX problem. As explained in the manual and many times on the forum too, GSX is ENTIRELY UNRELATED to Jetways. It won't change them in any way.

captain420

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 10:40:00 pm »
Ahhh let me check to see if I have that option enabled. Thanks a lot.

captain420

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 01:41:44 am »
Okay the problem is still there, I have Advanced Animations checked already. and yes I did install AES a long time ago but don't use it. Could that be the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 11:18:31 am »
and yes I did install AES a long time ago but don't use it. Could that be the problem?

That's exactly what I've said: AES IS the problem, if you don't use it, it's best to remove it.

captain420

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 08:00:36 pm »
I removed AES and whenever I hit CTRL+J to move the jetway it still doesn't work. :( This is for Gate 19 at PHNL. I tried other gates too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 08:17:54 pm »
I removed AES and whenever I hit CTRL+J to move the jetway it still doesn't work. :( This is for Gate 19 at PHNL. I tried other gates too.

If you have moving jetways at other airports (for example, a default one), it means you must have another kind of conflict or, something related to AES wasn't entirely removed.

If, instead, you don't have moving jetways at other airports too, then it's a problem of either your FSX config (the Advanced Animation missing) OR your aircraft.cfg has its Exits in the FS9 format, so they won't work with animated jetways at any airport.

captain420

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 08:35:37 pm »
I tried KIAH and the jetway is working there, it seems I can't get this to work at any FSDT airport. I have followed the instructions on aerosoft's forum on how to remove AES. So I'm not sure what else I can do.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:24:30 am by captain420 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 11:42:30 am »
I tried KIAH and the jetway is working there, it seems I can't get this to work at any FSDT airport

Up to now, you only said about PHNL not working, never said anything about other FSDT airports. Which one you tried, and which one didn't worked, and at which gates ?

In any case, if AES is the problem, if it's still not properly removed, it won't affect default airports in any case, because it never supported them in the first place.

captain420

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 01:03:28 pm »
I have tried at KJFK, with this I can't seem to pick a gate that puts me in close proximity of a jetway, it seems I can only park outside. and with KLAX, the list of available parking gates all says GA, I don't see any for large/medium aircrafts in the list.

PHNL: Gate 17,19,27 <- Doesn't work

I did some more research on how to make sure to completely uninstall AES, and I did the necessary steps, and still doesn't work. What else can I try or do?

I also have this VistaMare in my add-on window, does AES install this? If so can I get rid of this too or does other stuff rely on this?

UPDATE: I removed the vistamare entry from dll.xml and tried again, no luck still. I also ran the couatl_update.exe as well just incase. I also notice in my megascenery hawaii scenery folder I have this file "PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGL" so I tried renaming and add the extension .OFF and reloaded FSX, still no animated jetways.

UPDATE#2: The jetways are working at FSDT's PHOG but not PHNL.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 04:59:04 pm by captain420 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 05:25:48 pm »
I have tried at KJFK, with this I can't seem to pick a gate that puts me in close proximity of a jetway, it seems I can only park outside. and with KLAX, the list of available parking gates all says GA, I don't see any for large/medium aircrafts in the list.

You have been already replied in another thread how to use GSX to position your airplane, instead of the FSX default menu.

PHNL: Gate 17,19,27 <- Doesn't work

You don't say if you tried other gates at PHNL. And, check how you are parking the airplane, sometimes a jetway won't work if you are parked a bit too far ahead or a bit too early.

captain420

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 05:51:05 pm »
I have tried gates 17, 18, 19, and I'm parked at the gates by selecting the gate from FSX menu (when you first load up FSX, you can select aircraft, airport, location to start from, etc).

Okay I read the other post, and this time I open up GSX parking menu and selected a gate with jetway, which is 17, 19 and hit warp me there. Once my plane spawned, I then hit CTRL+J and nothing. I am using PMDG 737-900NGX. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I ran the FSX Airport Scanner and got this:

http://s11.postimg.org/dmycq8zpf/fsdt1.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/we0a0eu9v/fsdt2.jpg

]http://s11.postimg.org/x294jcszn/fsdt3.jpg

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:02:01 pm by virtuali »