Author Topic: Fsx Camera Zoom  (Read 5924 times)

abrinson

Fsx Camera Zoom
« on: July 25, 2013, 05:03:14 pm »
Hi all,
I've been loving this airport since the day it was released, however one thing just keeps getting on my nerves. When the zoom level is less than .8, things begin to disappear. When I'm flying and taxiing, I like to use from .4-.5 on the zoom so I have good vision for my screen. Unfortunately, when I use this zoom, the taxi line disappears inconsistently, objects disappear although there is still a texture of a shadow on the concrete. I don't think I'm the only one experiencing this but I could be wrong. It happened on my old pc aswell. I would like to avoid this problem, as it makes flying at my home airport less enjoyable and makes video making difficult to hide these flaws.
Thanks for a great addon, I'll use it forever ;)
Alexander Brinson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fsx Camera Zoom
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 05:29:01 pm »
This has been discussed many times on the forum, it's a side effect of the LOD optimization, and it also depends on your screen resolution too. We try to optimize the scenery to work at a Zoom level of about 0.70, which is considered to be the most realistic, and it we allowed to go as far as 0.40, it will impose an fps hit for everyone, even those that use realistic zoom settings.

We are discussing a way to make this user-configurable, which is something we can do, since the scenery is created programmatically, but can't promise any release date for this.

abrinson

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 06:39:12 pm »
I use 1080 in fs typically, would I see much more if I dropped the resolution to 1280x720? And also, not to sound like I'm nagging a lot, but the runway/taxiway textures just don't seem right. I'm not trying to ask the world from you guys, as you are busy with other projects and support for other areas. To me, I feel that the textures are supposed to be more of a pale concrete with more of the large blocks of concrete. I don't know, maybe it's me being all falsely lead by pictures and memory. Thanks again for great addons. I don't know how I've been able to live without gsx, it makes flying much more fun, especially shorter hauls.
Alexander Brinson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 10:33:38 pm »
To me, I feel that the textures are supposed to be more of a pale concrete with more of the large blocks of concrete. I don't know, maybe it's me being all falsely lead by pictures and memory.

We have hundreds of pictures that shows KDFW tarmac colour. And, none of them look the same, they are dramatically different in color hues, depending which time of the day they were taken so, we tried to do something that looks reasonable for the area, but yes, pictures can be very confusing and misleading.

abrinson

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 03:44:11 am »
Ok. Thanks :) Glad I'm not too crazy ;) thanks again
Alexander Brinson