Author Topic: Voxatc has fatal error right before landing in KLAS  (Read 5409 times)

red259

Voxatc has fatal error right before landing in KLAS
« on: July 22, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »
I am running into a fatal error with my VOXATC as I get ready to make my final landing and switch to the tower frequency while doing ifr flights. I am using FSDT KLAS and do not have a clue how to address this issue or what is causing it. I checked for duplicates with the airport scanner and no duplicates popped up for KLAS. I haven't had this issue with vox at other airports. I am running UT2 as a traffic program as well and blue sky scenery, but I am certain I had this issue before adding blue sky in.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:48:32 pm by red259 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Voxatc has fatal error right before landing in KLAS
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 10:10:41 pm »
The obvious question is: what happens if you don't load anything, especially VoxATC, and just land on the scenery, using the default ATC only ?

red259

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »
I don't use the default atc since I am using sids and stars. The fatal error occurs with vox specifically at this airport. Its not a CTD. Its just a message of a fatal error in the vox box right at the time it tells me to switch to the tower for a final clearance, but everything else functions fine. It occurred again on my third try and I ended up requesting a full ils approach via vox, which basically entails telling the atc to be quiet and flying the ils approach on my own which kind of defeats the purpose of having got the atc. I wasn't able to get the alt down fast enough and overflew the runway. I have had problems landing at KLAS without vox as well. I think the FMC is expecting too much out of the plane and I need to get the alt/speed down earlier.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 03:03:23 am »
I don't use the default atc since I am using sids and stars

I haven't asked you to change the way you fly. I've asked you to TRY turning it off that program, and see what happens with the default ATC. If the default ATC can work over KLAS correctly, it means the scenery is fine.

The fatal error occurs with vox specifically at this airport

You should add "of those I've tried". You couldn't possibly have tried all 20.000+ FSX airports...

Its just a message of a fatal error in the vox box right at the time it tells me to switch to the tower for a final clearance, but everything else functions fine.

If the message comes from that program, you might be better served asking to the developers, I never saw that program running myself, don't have the slightest idea of the meaning of one of its diagnostic.